James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He flattered to deceive as he had an easy job next to Mings, who was doing the majority of the work. We need someone who can offer more. 

Why has Mings stopped doing the majority of the work this season? Seems lazy.

21 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

We were only 7 points off 6 places ahead of us, so avoiding the horrendous start we had at the start of last season, I’d absolutely expect us to make up those 7 points without even buying anyone. 

The end of the season we actually lost more points than the start 😉

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why has Mings stopped doing the majority of the work this season? Seems lazy.

I think Mings has had to take on far too much responsibility this season. Playing out from the back. Full backs ultra attacking. Martinez and Konsa having poor seasons. 

59 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Fake news Twitter accounts now claiming he’s gonna be getting £120k. It’s a circus so ignore the speculation. 

Mings is on 85k I think so I can't see Tarkowski being offered much more than that. I'd say £80-90k 

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Good player, but we've already got a physically imposing "stopper" in Tyrone Mings.   I get that Tarkowski plays on the other side but do we need two such similarly skilled centre halves?  I always figured that the thing to do was have two players who compliment each other, much like we all agreed Mings and Konsa did last season.    Would we be targeting a player like Tarkowski because we need someone of his ability and style, or is it just because he's out of contract and Burnley are down? 

Well Tarkowski does what Konsa does but better in every department. So can't see why they wouldn't be a good partnership. Only issue is the one stated around building from the back we'll have no ball playing CB. Unless we see Chambers as doing this maybe?

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well Tarkowski does what Konsa does but better in every department. So can't see why they wouldn't be a good partnership. Only issue is the one stated around building from the back we'll have no ball playing CB. Unless we see Chambers as doing this maybe?

He does everything better than Mings as well of course.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He does everything better than Mings as well of course.

No, Mings carrys the ball forward better and is definitely faster, supposed to be one of the fastest in our squad. Mings is better at playing from the back on what we've seen to date too and Southgate clearly trusts him. Mings is as good in the air too. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

No, Mings carrys the ball forward better and is definitely faster, supposed to be one of the fastest in our squad. Mings is better at playing from the back on what we've seen to date too and Southgate clearly trusts him. Mings is as good in the air too. 

If there's a way to prove he's not all that, it's this.

Tarkowski>Konsa>Mings

:)

• Like 1

Think he's a good defender but it's so hard to properly gauge given how specific Burnley's style is. They have the least amount of possession in the league, play in a low block etc so lesser players than him would still have good numbers in terms of blocks, clearances etc. Sign for Villa though and more will be asked of him in terms of being able to play in a higher line and doing more when on the ball. I appreciate what folk are saying about him having played for a ball-playing Brentford but that was a good while ago in the Championship, Konsa came with a similar reputation and as it happens he's anything but comfortable on the ball in this league. He'd be a steady if uninspiring signing for me.

56 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Mings is on 85k I think so I can't see Tarkowski being offered much more than that. I'd say £80-90k 

I’m sure it would be this and then the fact there is no transfer fee means a £10m signing on fee has everyone feeling they got a great deal. 

I wouldn't mind the de Vrij link cropping up again, I could understand us going for an older player like that because he's a world class CB and undoubtedly far better than anyone we've got at CB so would bring tangible benefits for the next 2-3 years. 

I'm just not that sold on Tarkowski and don't think he'd improve us enough to be where we want to be.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

FYI for those who think Tarkowski cant control or pass the ball, i have timestamped this for you from 3 mins on (basically 3 mins straight of him showing he can).

As i said earlier, he may not do it much at Burnley, but im sure he was touted as very competent on the ball while at Brentford.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I know this isn’t the Hause thread, but if we get £10m for him, we know it’s silly season.  

I genuinely don't think that's " crazy " for a solid PL defender.

He's good in pretty much all areas aside from playing with the football.

EDIT: Ok I just reread that last sentence.... Ignore me 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

FYI for those who think Tarkowski cant control or pass the ball, i have timestamped this for you from 3 mins on (basically 3 mins straight of him showing he can).

As i said earlier, he may not do it much at Burnley, but im sure he was touted as very competent on the ball while at Brentford.

Well now I want him. 

• Haha 4

Â