James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Is there Burnley equivalent of the obnoxious skills YT videos that accompany most rumoured signings?  Maybe a brass band playing over five minutes of footage of the guy smashing into people on cut up pitches?

image.gif.e10909302620640ab73f3b3a4912742b.gif

found this on Tarkowski….

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I don't trust anyone with an opinion on him because who in their right mind goes out of their way to watch Burnley?!

Burnley Fans.

• Like 1

Watched him plenty in recent weeks, lot better than people give him credit for. Not far off what Hause is in the air and has a decent amount of recovery pace so I don't think a higher line would badly expose him.

Only issue for me is his age now and would he be replacement for Mings or play alongside him?

Everton desperately need a CB like him so would be amusing if we beat them to his signature. 

Someone mentioned on first page but people on here were probably chuckling when West Ham signed Craig Dawson from relegated Watford two years back for a couple of million.

Tarkowski could certainly calm down Mings and from what I've seen isn't actually a bad passer either, hit a nice long range pass down the line for McNeill last Thursday.

I wasn't rating Chambers signing but he's been very solid for us. Tarkowski is better than him though.

• Like 1

If wage demands and signing bonus aren’t too extreme then it’s a no brainer on a free. Juve have exploited the “free” agent market to their benefit over the years. Signing Chambers, Kamara & Tarkowski on “frees” is great business . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

He was the best ball playing CB in the Championship at Brentford and it shocked everyone when he went to Burnley because of the style of football difference.  He's a very good ball playing defender, he just hasn't utilized that side of his game over the past few years.  

Think he played under DS at Brentford so wonder if we looked at him around the time we signed Heaton but he had years left on his contract at that point.

I think people will be surprised at his passing tbh if we sign him, I mean Mings isn't some ace passer the amount of times he just hoofs the ball when put under pressure is endless.

Also important Kamara is someone at DM who's comfortable dropping in towards CBs and receiving the ball under pressure, Thiago at Liverpool would be perfect example so then we can start building up quality moves from back to front.

• Like 2

I’m not sold. Tarkowski would not be too dissimilar to the the type of signing Heaton was, age profile level etc. Would you of taken that version of Heaton now with Villa heading into 4th year back in the premier league ? Of course you wouldn’t. I’m not gonna apologise for saying we should be shooting higher than Tarkowski here. 

• Like 1

Tarkowski isn’t going to anyone as a back up signing. Anyone thinking that get real. He’ll be looking for first team football and would be an excellent signing for Villa. Better than any CB at Villa at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

If wage demands and signing bonus aren’t too extreme then it’s a no brainer on a free. Juve have exploited the “free” agent market to their benefit over the years. Signing Chambers, Kamara & Tarkowski on “frees” is great business . 

Not actually true. Juventus have been in a financial mess because of this policy and the last few Ramsey, Khedira and Can have been really awful on and off the pitch 

On a free its good business without a doubt. Takowski at the back would be a big improvement to the squad and someone who is capable, experienced and a pretty good passer who can start up moves from the back. Probably not the most exciting signing, but like Chambers in the last window, it would add a lot. I think we have been scarred by free transfers quite regualrly in the past, however we seem to have got some really good free transfers in throughout the last window and this one has started well with Kamara, so i think it could be a great move.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Tarkowski isn’t going to anyone as a back up signing. Anyone thinking that get real. He’ll be looking for first team football and would be an excellent signing for Villa. Better than any CB at Villa at the moment.

Welcome James!

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

would he be replacement for Mings or play alongside him?

Looks like Tark usually played on the left of the two CBs for Burnley, which is where Mings plays. I saw one report where he was the middle of 3 CBs when they played a 5 man back line.

That doesn't mean one of them couldn't move to the right, but it does suggest that SG is trying to create competition for Mings.

I think he's a decent defender and will give us more physicality but he's on the way down (30 this year) and won't improve any further.

In addition to that, it seems passing out from the back won't be his forte and he's also looking for stupidly high wages (100K per week for 5 years is far too excessive). 

It's a no from me. I think we really need to push the boat out on a CB that will drastically improve us and I don't think Tarkowski will.

No from me for signing Tarkowski. Only because I thought the plan was to have players that can pass the ball around. If we bring in Tarkowski alongside Mings we will have 2 CB’s that will just launch the ball over our new midfield in the hope that Watkins can hold it up or get in a position to have a shot on goal and, as such, a 10% chance of scoring.

Â