James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i'm surprised Everton are even mentioned with regard to players.

With their FFP situation, im surprised they could afford a bag of crisps.

Yep. We’ll just give him a bigger signing on fee. No way Everton can compete with us financially. Geography may play a part though. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Yep. We’ll just give him a bigger signing on fee. No way Everton can compete with us financially. Geography may play a part though. 

If he’s after 100k per week and a five year contract, you’d imagine the sign-on bonus to be of the smaller kind.

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think this one has legs, especially after what Gerrard said about free transfers. 

My main concern is his ability to play out from the back. I don’t doubt he’s good defensively. 

He was the best ball playing CB in the Championship at Brentford and it shocked everyone when he went to Burnley because of the style of football difference.  He's a very good ball playing defender, he just hasn't utilized that side of his game over the past few years.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He was the best ball playing CB in the Championship at Brentford and it shocked everyone when he went to Burnley because of the style of football difference.  He's a very good ball playing defender, he just hasn't utilized that side of his game over the past few years.  

Nice. Hopefully he signs then! 

36 minutes ago, TomC said:

That's in part because half (or more) of defending is positioning, and you get better and better with time and experience...

Exactly.  Experience and the ability to read the game in that position far outweighs energy/mobility. 

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think this one has legs, especially after what Gerrard said about free transfers. 

My main concern is his ability to play out from the back. I don’t doubt he’s good defensively. 

He is rated no better or worse than Mings....but he has a quality CDM and 2 fine full backs to do the passing....its the stopping we want, first and foremost.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

No thanks, championship is where he belongs

you won't get his stats in the championship....even been on the fringes with England.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, carlitobrigante said:

Brilliant defender. Hard to find a Burnley fan who has a bad word to say about him even in a relegation season. 

Really surprised some people are turning their noses up at him even on a free transfer, hunch is he will end up at Everton though

I think he is good too.

When it comes to defenders......some of us are not the best at appraising them are we?

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is rated no better or worse than Mings....but he has a quality CDM and 2 fine full backs to do the passing....its the stopping we want, first and foremost.

When playing out from the back and playing through press every player must be reliable, move and make themselves available, it doesn’t work otherwise.

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

When playing out from the back and playing through press every player must be reliable, move and make themselves available, it doesn’t work otherwise.

Does it work for Mings, who has a similar passing stat?

He has a passing stat, one point less than Matip......is he reliable?

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Are you seriously checking FIFA???

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Mings is decent in possession. Tarkowski can be fine too, just harder to judge in that respect after being at Burnley who don’t play that way.

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

An actual stats site like fbref. 

Thanks...but

Blimey, a bit heavy that.....we only need a rough guide.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â