James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I might be an fart out of touch with the modern game, but I like my defenders to be able to defend before considering their passing ability. 

This boy can defend. 

You're bang on with that old fart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Apologies if this has been posted already

What’s the benefit of this particular stat? And based on this, would signing Tarkowski be a good decision? 

(genuine question, not trying to come across as sarcy) 

Edited by Tayls

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

What’s the benefit of this particular stat? And based on this, would signing Tarkowski be a good decision? 

Not much use to it really. Teams who defend a lot block more shots. Teams down the bottom will have the most shots to block

41 minutes ago, av1 said:

I might be an fart out of touch with the modern game, but I like my defenders to be able to defend before considering their passing ability. 

This boy can defend. 

We all know he is a good defender. The issue I have is that, as we play out from the back, we need defenders who are comfortable on the ball under pressure and have good passing ability. Tarkowski is more a traditional type and won't fit into our system. 

Edited by Made In Aston

24 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Dunno. Better than not blocking or clearing them I suppose.....

20 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We all know he is a good defender. The issue I have is that, as we play out from the back, 

Do we? Honestly mate that’s not the way I’ve viewed our games. 

33 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So is there any strong links on this one, or is it just pure rumours based on that initial post?

I think his agent is having a field day with four PL clubs after him. I think we may get priced out.

Newcastle especially would be mad to not make sure they get him. He's exactly what they need and they can pay him more than anyone else. They won't sign anyone that will perform better at CB for them for next season than him.

Everton he would help the most as they are garbage, but they're very tight on cash.

He would be brilliant here. Very much a signing for now which I'm not usually a fan of, but he is very very good IMO. There would be no problem pairing him with Konsa or Mings.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think his agent is having a field day with four PL clubs after him. I think we may get priced out.

Newcastle especially would be mad to not make sure they get him. He's exactly what they need and they can pay him more than anyone else. They won't sign anyone that will perform better at CB for them for next season than him.

Everton he would help the most as they are garbage, but they're very tight on cash.

He would be brilliant here. Very much a signing for now which I'm not usually a fan of, but he is very very good IMO. There would be no problem pairing him with Konsa or Mings.

He will choose us over the other two. You know why? 

spacer.png

;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He will choose us over the other two. You know why? 

spacer.png

;)

Hope so!

I'd rather play for Gerrard over fat Frank or ham sandwich Howe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

We all know he is a good defender. The issue I have is that, as we play out from the back, we need defenders who are comfortable on the ball under pressure and have good passing ability. Tarkowski is more a traditional type and won't fit into our system. 

Why do you think Villa have just signed Kamara and if rumours are correct, chasing Bissouma? Would it be that they excel taking the ball from the CB and passing forward as well as being defensively sound?

21 minutes ago, striker said:

Why do you think Villa have just signed Kamara and if rumours are correct, chasing Bissouma? Would it be that they excel taking the ball from the CB and passing forward as well as being defensively sound?

Not in the case of Bissouma it wouldn't, that's not really his game.

Ready to go right into the team and improve us markedly.

He would improve us more than Kamara for the first season I would imagine.

This is silly 2022 football and no transfer fee means big wages. Hause will be on £65-85k.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ready to go right into the team and improve us markedly.

He would improve us more than Kamara for the first season I would imagine.

This is silly 2022 football and no transfer fee means big wages. Hause will be on £65-85k.

I remember Hendrie being on about 25k a week back when our revenue was about 37 million. So it makes sense. 

Â