Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

He's a grafter but I think he is technically lacking and gives the ball away too often.

Commentators are always talking him up and so I am possibly wrong, but I can't see much.

I agree, I think he's bang average, decent for the champ, but mor more than that tbh.

I mean heck, he went out on loan from a relegated PL team?, rather than being in their 11, says it all tbh.

26 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I’m sure they will get one or two In on loan from olympiakos 😉

They have a couple of interesting players. Manolas being the best and could be an interesting pickup, maybe Vaclik in goal 

I see they "transferred" Carvalho between the 2

Edited by Zatman

Curious to see how the media portray them next year and if they get the Leeds treatment? They're probably more likely to actually be liked by neutrals even if their football is boring. 

I doubt they'll stay up and their best bet would probably be to realise this and prepare for it by spending £60-70m on 4 or 5 highly rated young players who will grow in value and would be likely to stay with them if they then go down. They can then use the rest of the TV money and parachute payments to improve infrastructure and this would put them in a good place to then bounce straight back up on a stronger footing. 

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Can't wait to be drawn away from home to them on the first weekend of the season.

100% its them or Bournemouth 

Id rather get liverpool, chelsea or city away. Get that out the way early

Was looking at their record transfer deals, Pierre van Hooijdonk from the nineties still in the top four, Riccardo Scimeca who they bought from us in the top ten. 

Surprised at that as they've signed plenty of strikers for good money, think Grabban was about 7m but could be wrong. Didn't they sign Britt Assombalonga for a good amount aswell.

Does feel like they'll drop 20m + on a CF before window closes....in addition to Kienan. Midfield strengthening will probably be trying to get some of the loans back.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised at that as they've signed plenty of strikers for good money, think Grabban was about 7m but could be wrong. Didn't they sign Britt Assombalonga for a good amount aswell.

Does feel like they'll drop 20m + on a CF before window closes....in addition to Kienan. Midfield strengthening will probably be trying to get some of the loans back.

Assombalonga is 2nd. Joao Carvalho is randomly first and nearly 10 million more expensive than the rest

20 million would smash the transfer record and considering Forest or Olympiakos dont spend that big then I dont see it

A couple of years back they linked up with Mendes as I think he has a connection with their owner, and brought in a number of Portugese players and players from Mendes related clubs, that's when Joao Carvalho signed. I think there was an hope that they would do a Wolves, but it never happened, Hughton and Cooper took it in a different direction but they've still got three Portugese players in their squad now.

II read they brought in some sort of analytical transfer guru called George Syrianos, who apparently helped Stuttgard sign some very good players, he's been there about a year, if he's mainly responsible for transfers, then seems to have done a good job so far.

• Thanks 1

On 01/06/2022 at 07:16, Demitri_C said:

100% its them or Bournemouth 

Id rather get liverpool, chelsea or city away. Get that out the way early

Nahh. We won't get one of them till they're well in their stride. 

16 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Just visualising Forest in the Prem and seeing the City Ground back for PL footy makes me happy. Most likable club by far for me

Same. The first game I watched on TV was Forest against Spurs in the 1991 FA Cup final and, for some reason, I always look back on that with great fondness. Probably because it was the game that I think got me into football in the first place. Especially as I’m the only one in my family that actually likes football.

Forsst are better off building a strong championship team as they will need to spend big to stay up. Then gi down a year bounce straight back then they will be in a better position to stay up. 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Forsst are better off building a strong championship team as they will need to spend big to stay up. Then gi down a year bounce straight back then they will be in a better position to stay up. 

Surely they’re best off trying to not get relegated?

It’s not like it’s not possible, Brentford were comfortable for almost the whole season, in the past teams like Stoke, Wigan, Swansea, Bournemouth etc all came up and stayed up for a number of seasons so why not try to emulate that than aim for relegation?

• Like 2

Getting promoted is worth £170m for the club. Survive for the first year and that increases to about £300m. 

55 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s not like it’s not possible, Brentford were comfortable for almost the whole season, in the past teams like Stoke, Wigan, Swansea, Bournemouth etc all came up and stayed up for a number of seasons so why not try to emulate that than aim for relegation?

Agree.

You've got to buy very well and I think Forest will. They have an excellent director of football to build the squad and an excellent head coach.

With Davis, Zinckernagel, Spence and Garner all on loan there, they’re gonna have a torrid time competing in this league. That’s probably their transfer budget gone right there if they decide to keep all 4 of those players and even then they won’t be good enough to stay up (in my opinion). 

Feels a little like when we came up tbh. Perhaps a season too early and they have very little PL quality in the players they own. They’ll need to work miracles in the transfer market to stay up. 

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The problem is though if you go all out and fail that could bite them on the arse. When i look at that forst team it looks alot weaker than the one brentford came up with. Its not impossible they could do it but very risky

Â