Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

I'd like Forest to stay up and I think Cooper is a decent manager but I can't see a situation where they don't go straight back down. They need to sign 2 x forwards, 1 x CM, and 2 x WBs just to replace their loan players, which would still leave them starting a CB who can't get in the Scotland side ahead of an out of position Scott McTominay and Grant Hanley (starting CB of the Norwich team that conceded 84 goals this season).

I find it a little odd that Forest are suddenly everyone's "second team".

Bet you all won't feel that way if they beat us next season.

spacer.png

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I find it a little odd that Forest are suddenly everyone's "second team".

Bet you all won't feel that way if they beat us next season.

spacer.png

They're not for me. Just think it's refreshing to see an old school team back in the prem.

Now that is done I hope we absolutely smash them in our fixtures.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

They're not for me. Just think it's refreshing to see an old school team back in the prem.

Burnley were actually more of an old school team than Forest in terms of history 😛

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Burnley were actually more of an old school team than Forest in terms of history 😛

In terms of history that I can recall in my own lifetime*...

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

With Davis, Zinckernagel, Spence and Garner all on loan there, they’re gonna have a torrid time competing in this league. That’s probably their transfer budget gone right there if they decide to keep all 4 of those players and even then they won’t be good enough to stay up (in my opinion). 

Feels a little like when we came up tbh. Perhaps a season too early and they have very little PL quality in the players they own. They’ll need to work miracles in the transfer market to stay up. 

Really? Spence price is about 20m but seems Spurs are seriously looking at him so that's a issue. Garner they could probably get back on another years loan but think Ten Haag may give him a chance so they could have to wait until January.

Feels to me like we'll be happy with around 10m for Davis. No idea what Watford will want for Zinckernagel but considering they didn't deem him good enough for him to play in prem it would be probably similar to Davis.

That's around 40m.

I think it's a case of trying to get three of those back, Cooper using his connections to get in some other young players and then 2-3 experienced top league players from here or abroad.

No idea if likes of Joe Worrall or Ryan Yates will be good enough to be week in week out prem players but they are local lads who know the club so deserve the chance. Joe Colback is average in prem but he does have years of experience.

They've beaten two top 8 teams in FA cup so not like they're out of their depth playing prem teams under Cooper although of course it's different attempting to do it week in week out and having 4-5 game losing runs like we did in 19/20.

I think they'll stay up.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Really? Spence price is about 20m but seems Spurs are seriously looking at him so that's a issue. Garner they could probably get back on another years loan but think Ten Haag may give him a chance so they could have to wait until January.

Feels to me like we'll be happy with around 10m for Davis. No idea what Watford will want for Zinckernagel but considering they didn't deem him good enough for him to play in prem it would be probably similar to Davis.

That's around 40m.

I think it's a case of trying to get three of those back, Cooper using his connections to get in some other young players and then 2-3 experienced top league players from here or abroad.

No idea if likes of Joe Worrall or Ryan Yates will be good enough to be week in week out prem players but they are local lads who know the club so deserve the chance. Joe Colback is average in prem but he does have years of experience.

They've beaten two top 8 teams in FA cup so not like they're out of their depth playing prem teams under Cooper although of course it's different attempting to do it week in week out and having 4-5 game losing runs like we did in 19/20.

I think they'll stay up.

I dont. Cooper is probably the only reason they have half a chance of staying up. 

Unless the owner can convince Manolas and maybe one or 2 more from Olympiakos to join then will leak goals. McKenna could be next seasons Grant Hanley, always looks dodgy at international level. 

Them and Bournemouth will be fighting for 19th sadly

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont. Cooper is probably the only reason they have half a chance of staying up. 

Unless the owner can convince Manolas and maybe one or 2 more from Olympiakos to join then will leak goals. McKenna could be next seasons Grant Hanley, always looks dodgy at international level. 

Them and Bournemouth will be fighting for 19th sadly

Pretty sure they stopped the Olympiakos thing a few years back, had that Bouchalakis guy who flopped and he went back to Greece after one season.

Wolves in recent times have signed more players from them with Podence and Jose Sa coming in so think Forest will mainly shop domestically given it worked well for them this season and Cooper obviously has very good connections in the game with youth set ups for clubs.

I actually wonder if they might go for Brereton Diaz. He came through their youth set up before they sold him to Blackburn for 7m so him and Davis would be two different striking options to rotate.

Their backline conceded two goals against Arsenal, Leicester and Liverpool so I'm not sure, think it could surprise people in the way Sheffield United did in their first season when they kept endless clean sheets.

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, VillaChris said:

Pretty sure they stopped the Olympiakos thing a few years back, had that Bouchalakis guy who flopped and he went back to Greece after one season.

Wolves in recent times have signed more players from them with Podence and Jose Sa coming in so think Forest will mainly shop domestically given it worked well for them this season and Cooper obviously has very good connections in the game with youth set ups for clubs.

I actually wonder if they might go for Brereton Diaz. He came through their youth set up before they sold him to Blackburn for 7m so him and Davis would be two different striking options to rotate.

The owner still owns Olympiakos si could bring in a few players. I do think if they were to get Manolas in he would help them massively defensively

The Wolves players were Mendes players Unsurprisingly

athletic

Looks like samba wants out.

Looks like forest offered him a new contract as he's in the last 12 months of his deal. 

However hes turned it down, hes offended at the offer...but of course its not financial!

Samba’s decision to turn down the offer and reluctantly seek an exit is said not to be financially motivated but about respect for his achievements, importance and popularity at the City Ground.

Itchy Beard GIF - Itchy Beard GIFs

Edited by Nigel

They're apparently gong to go big in the transfer market, spending £100m plus, but Samba leaving would be a big blow to them as he's probably one of only five or six players that they currently own that's potentially Premier League quality. Been linked to Nick Pope but that would take a huge chunk out of their budget, £100m a lot, but not so much when it has to be spent on ten plus players capable of keeping them in the PL.

• Like 1

I'd back Forest to stay up. By all accounts Cooper has run a good operation there regarding loan players, togetherness of the squad, getting youngsters minutes, winning the fans over. That place will be a fortress next year and hard for away teams, who will probably need to try and get an early lead to settle things down.

I back them to do a better job than we did in our first season.

Samba from what I have seen of him of various games seems to be a brilliant keeper, but I think there are enough experienced goalkeepers who forest could get in on the cheap either on a free or nominal sum who would be good enough for the first couple of years of football, who could keep them up. Think Randolph, Foster, Johnstone, Butland etc, those types.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, useless said:

They're apparently gong to go big in the transfer market, spending £100m plus, but Samba leaving would be a big blow to them as he's probably one of only five or six players that they currently own that's potentially Premier League quality. Been linked to Nick Pope but that would take a huge chunk out of their budget, £100m a lot, but not so much when it has to be spent on ten plus players capable of keeping them in the PL.

Part of their problem is that they had a few loan players in last season - all who played pretty big roles.  Davis, Garner, Zinckernagel, Spence and Lowe.  In fact, the first four were basically ever presents if available.  

On 05/06/2022 at 11:18, osmark86 said:

Only been in the top flight for about 20 of the last 50 years. Just saying.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Only been in the top flight for about 20 of the last 50 years. Just saying.

Which is why I'm glad it's them 

Fulham and Bournemouth are both boring as **** and Huddersfield... Well they're Huddersfield 

Same as I like Brentford being a PL team, they're just more interesting 

• Like 2

Â