Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

Nice having them back. Over the course of the season, it’s hard to argue they haven’t deserved it based on their great form during the past 80% of games.

As a club, they have that sort of traditional feel about them, almost a quaint quality from a bygone era. Preston North End and Sheffield Wednesday have a similar vibe. 

They’re going to find it bloody hard going next season.

And it’s petty, but sod Huddersfield for throwing that match a few years ago to give sha three points and safety.

• Like 3

Today's game was pretty distasteful, and PGMOL have questions  they should answer that they'll never be asked.

Clark has done a tremendous job though, I think based on PPG since he started, they'd have won the league? Will be interesting to see them back up.

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Today's game was pretty distasteful, and PGMOL have questions  they should answer that they'll never be asked.

Clark has done a tremendous job though, I think based on PPG since he started, they'd have won the league? Will be interesting to see them back up.

What happened?

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What happened?

These two penalties denied by Moss and VAR.

Honestly, An hour or so later, I still can't believe what I saw. What's VAR for if it isn't correcting this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And it probably has nothing to do with Forest's owner being the boss of an international drug smuggling gang, because he wasn't prosecuted for that when most of the witnesses died. #FitAndProper.

• Like 1

They're in a similar position to us when we were promoted, changed manager earlier in the season, came up via the play-offs after going on a strong run towards the end of the season, and probably more significantly for them heading into the summer, just like us they've been heavily reliant on loan players, Lowe, Zinckernagel, Garner, Spence, and Davis, probably crucial that retain as many of them as possible for next season.

• Like 1

Don't know if this is right, but just a tweet that says Forest were relegated from the Premier League when they lost 2-0 against us, Mark Delaney made his debut in that game and has been with the club ever since, eight years as a player, and another fifteen years as a coach, it's only after he left this summer that Forest have been promoted back to the Premier League.

One advantage they might have next season is that Cooper is getting himself a reputation of doing a brilliant job with young loan players, Spence, Davis, Garner, Zinckernagel, Guéhi, Gibbs-White, Brewster, and Gallager have all excelled whilst he's had them on loan, any other teams with highly rated youngsters in need of a Premier League loan will see them as a good option because of Cooper's reputation in helping develop young players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

And it probably has nothing to do with Forest's owner being the boss of an international drug smuggling gang, because he wasn't prosecuted for that when most of the witnesses died. #FitAndProper.

Proper club.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Any other teams with highly rated youngsters in need of a Premier League loan will see them as a good option because of Cooper's reputation in helping develop young players.

I thought similar earlier. Mainly "who could we lend them?"

KKH maybe?

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

These two penalties denied by Moss and VAR.

Honestly, An hour or so later, I still can't believe what I saw. What's VAR for if it isn't correcting this?

The second one is a stone wall penalty, but in the first one it does look like the Huddersfield player was practically throwing himself to the floor before the contact was made.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

The second one is a stone wall penalty, but in the first one it does look like the Huddersfield player was practically throwing himself to the floor before the contact was made.

Takes a touch round the player with his left foot, immediately gets kicked on the right foot which flings his leg behind his knee and trips him. The slow motion is deceiving you, it’s as stone wall as a penalty gets

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, useless said:

One advantage they might have next season is that Cooper is getting himself a reputation of doing a brilliant job with young loan players, Spence, Davis, Garner, Zinckernagel, Guéhi, Gibbs-White, Brewster, and Gallager have all excelled whilst he's had them on loan, any other teams with highly rated youngsters in need of a Premier League loan will see them as a good option because of Cooper's reputation in helping develop young players.

Billy Gilmour might be a good fit for them.

In normal circumstances they'd get Garner back but think Ten Haag might give him a shot.

One of Harvey Eilliot/Curtis Jones from Liverpool perhaps if they get another CM in this season.

Gibbs-White might be leaving Wolves, they'd have to buy him, but I think there's a possibility he's someone they might go for given that Cooper already knows him from Swansea and I think probably England youth set up as well.

• Like 1

Â