Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

I will be shocked if they get 30 points which would be a good season for them

A good season would be staying up, nothing else. Nobody thinks being relegated is 'a good season', and while relegation is of course the most likely outcome for all of the promoted teams, promoted sides do sometimes stay up. Forest are probably better prepared than eg Huddersfield in 16/17; they might get to the end of the window not much worse prepared than Brentford last season.

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A good season would be staying up, nothing else. Nobody thinks being relegated is 'a good season', and while relegation is of course the most likely outcome for all of the promoted teams, promoted sides do sometimes stay up. Forest are probably better prepared than eg Huddersfield in 16/17; they might get to the end of the window not much worse prepared than Brentford last season.

Thats my thoughts to HV. I think forest are doing some smart business. Will it be enough? Im not sure. But they have passionate fans who will be behind them 100%. They have a massive point to prove. I think they have  a better chance thatn Bournemouth. Better fans, better manager and more  investment 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats my thoughts to HV. I think forest are doing some smart business. Will it be enough? Im not sure. But they have passionate fans who will be behind them 100%. They have a massive point to prove. I think they have  a better chance thatn Bournemouth. Better fans, better manager and more  investment 

I certainly expect them to finish ahead of Bournemouth (who to be fair I expect to finish 20th), and not just because of their player investment either. As you say, it's going to be a fired-up fanbase, a big atmosphere, and I think most people rate the manager.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I certainly expect them to finish ahead of Bournemouth (who to be fair I expect to finish 20th), and not just because of their player investment either. As you say, it's going to be a fired-up fanbase, a big atmosphere, and I think most people rate the manager.

If we put the nutter of a owner to the side for a moment if you look at forest as a club they remind me a lot of us. Massive fan base, traditional stadium, a proud history etc.

They will want to stay up and give it a massive go. The manager is excellent.  He really could go on to big things if given time. They are going to be a real test for a lot of clubs.

Lets not forget they even beat leicester last season and i think another premier league side

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we put the nutter of a owner to the side for a moment if you look at forest as a club they remind me a lot of us. Massive fan base, traditional stadium, a proud history etc.

They will want to stay up and give it a massive go. The manager is excellent.  He really could go on to big things if given time. They are going to be a real test for a lot of clubs.

Lets not forget they even beat leicester last season and i think another premier league side

I keep reading this and NO

If you remove the Brian Clough years they have won no trophies ever and Forest are actually just equalling blues for seasons played in the top flight behind teams like West Brom, Blackburn, Burnley, Midllesbrough and Stoke the so called small teams that 'traditionalists' complain they dont want in the league but prefer Forest and Leeds as traditional big teams

The average attendance is also nowhere near selling out the stadium most weeks

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I keep reading this and NO

If you remove the Brian Clough years they have won no trophies ever and Forest are actually just equalling blues for seasons played in the top flight behind teams like West Brom, Blackburn, Burnley, Midllesbrough and Stoke the so called small teams that 'traditionalists' complain they dont want in the league but prefer Forest and Leeds as traditional big teams

The average attendance is also nowhere near selling out the stadium most weeks

You could say the same with us under saunders. We won what two league cups and runners up in PL?

Forest have had in tough im not gonna criticise them for that. If nassef and wes never came in for us we could have been like them does that not deem as a big club?

Their manager has had a pretty good spell at Swansea then at Forest last year. He knows how he wants them to play, keeping Brennan Johnson will be important to. They will cause teams problems, they beat, Arsenal and Leicester in the cup and gave Liverpool a good game too. Obviously, they'd probably take 17th now if offered. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You could say the same with us under saunders. We won what two league cups and runners up in PL?

Forest have had in tough im not gonna criticise them for that. If nassef and wes never came in for us we could have been like them does that not deem as a big club?

No you couldnt. We won many trophies before Ron Saunders and some trophies after including the European Cup

Forest have won nothing in the history outside the Clough era and spent about 80 seasons outsides the top division

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We've been in the top division the second most amount of seasons. We were probably the biggest club in the world for 20-30 years, before WW1. Even now, our honours list is only beaten by a handful of teams. 

Forest, had a golden era with Clough. I like Forest as well, always a good footballing team when I grew up. They are nowhere near us though. 

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

We've been in the top division the second most amount of seasons. We were probably the biggest club in the world for 20-30 years, before WW1. Even now, our honours list is only beaten by a handful of teams. 

Forest, had a golden era with Clough. I like Forest as well, always a good footballing team when I grew up. They are nowhere near us though. 

I would agree with alot of that, my point was we havent won much more than forest since forest got relegated.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would agree with alot of that, my point was we havent won much more than forest since forest got relegated.

Oh I agree, our last 100 years is nothing to write home about! :D 

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

Their manager has had a pretty good spell at Swansea then at Forest last year. He knows how he wants them to play, keeping Brennan Johnson will be important to. They will cause teams problems, they beat, Arsenal and Leicester in the cup and gave Liverpool a good game too. Obviously, they'd probably take 17th now if offered. 

I genuinely think they'll be one of those who get off to a flyer with 3-4 home wins before November.....and then they'll barely win a game in the winter months.

Some interesting signings that should fit into Cooper's style but I wonder if they're falling into same trap as us in summer 2019....signing lots of players with potential and re-sale value if worst happens but many might take six months to get going. If they can add 2-3 senior heads then they should have enough to stay up.

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Haven't we won the FA Cup 7 Times?

Cooper is a good manager. They've made some decent signings, but I still only give them a small chance of staying up.

We had a good manager, the likes of Grealish, Mcginn, Mings and only just stayed up by the skin of our teeth. It's a completely different level.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We won 7 fa cups post saunders? 

We havent won any

I don't understand why the period post Saunders has been used in this argument. The original argument was that NF only won during the Clough years, which is fair enough, but the comparison with Villa is false, because the post Saunders era is the exception over our long history. During the significantly longer pre-Saunders era, we won stacks, including the league another 6 times, and the FA Cup 7 times. It's therefore not possible to compare Notts Forest (relatively short period of success) with us, who have had a much longer period, but just not now. 

25 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I don't understand why the period post Saunders has been used in this argument. The original argument was that NF only won during the Clough years, which is fair enough, but the comparison with Villa is false, because the post Saunders era is the exception over our long history. During the significantly longer pre-Saunders era, we won stacks, including the league another 6 times, and the FA Cup 7 times. It's therefore not possible to compare Notts Forest (relatively short period of success) with us, who have had a much longer period, but just not now. 

Because the point was that forest had been outside thw pl x amount of years so they are not a big club, yet during that time we have only won two trophies ourselves. Does that make us a small club? Of course it doesnt

Â