Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

How much have they to spend? 

Well they get £100 million minimum for the season.   They could either try to do a Fulham and spend it all on an attempt to stay up, or they could do a Norwich and spend virtually nothing and just bank the money.

I think they will easily go down next season and maybe struggle for 20 points. 

Nothing against the fans but how is such a scumbag is allowed own a football club. Cant understand the love for them in here from non Nottingham based posters

Really happy for Cooper, he comes across as one of the games good guys. The quote from the captain after the game was nice “he killed us with kindness”

I don’t know why but he kind of reminds me of Dean Smith. 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think they will easily go down next season and maybe struggle for 20 points. 

Nothing against the fans but how is such a scumbag is allowed own a football club. Cant understand the love for them in here from non Nottingham based posters

I think it's because of, basically, everything aside from the owner - and, to be honest, most people wouldn't bother looking into the owner of a club.

• Like 2

I literally have no idea who their owners are, other than reading the comments from the last 2 pages on this thread. Most people probably don’t read up on every team they decide to make a comment on, based on football romance. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think it's because of, basically, everything aside from the owner - and, to be honest, most people wouldn't bother looking into the owner of a club.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there were Villa fans who didn't know anything about who owns us, let alone knowing details about owners of other clubs. 

18 hours ago, useless said:

One advantage they might have next season is that Cooper is getting himself a reputation of doing a brilliant job with young loan players, Spence, Davis, Garner, Zinckernagel, Guéhi, Gibbs-White, Brewster, and Gallager have all excelled whilst he's had them on loan, any other teams with highly rated youngsters in need of a Premier League loan will see them as a good option because of Cooper's reputation in helping develop young players.

He can only have two loanees though

18 hours ago, useless said:

One advantage they might have next season is that Cooper is getting himself a reputation of doing a brilliant job with young loan players, Spence, Davis, Garner, Zinckernagel, Guéhi, Gibbs-White, Brewster, and Gallager have all excelled whilst he's had them on loan, any other teams with highly rated youngsters in need of a Premier League loan will see them as a good option because of Cooper's reputation in helping develop young players.

Zinckernagel is nearly 28 :D 

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there were Villa fans who didn't know anything about who owns us, let alone knowing details about owners of other clubs. 

The Greek league is known for shady practices from the owners, one I think came onto the pitch with a gun recently. When one of them takes over a high profile Championship club then people will take notice. 

His Wikipedia is incredible for somebody who passed the fit and proper persons test

On 21 February 2011, Olympiacos beat Panathinaikos in Karaiskaki Stadium (2–1), after a controversial, regarding the referee's decisions, game. After the game, player Djibril Cissé had a wrangle with Olympiacos' president Marinakis. He was beaten by Olympiakos' fans and stated that he was going to appeal to the UEFA. The case of Cissé and Marinakis went to the Greek courts,[84] where Marinakis was found not guilty.[85]

In 2015, the Public Prosecutor[86] and the Council of Judges[87] acquitted Marinakis in relation to the Koriopolis match-fixing investigation, that begun in 2011, that was launched after UEFA gave Greek authorities a report citing irregular betting patterns, mostly involving Greek Cup and second division games in 2009 and 2010.[88] He was accused of participating in a match-fixing criminal network[89] with links with seven countries.[90] At the time, UEFA officials said no action was presently being considered against Olympiacos regarding its participation in the Champions League in the following season, because evidence in the Greek investigation cast no doubt over its 2010–11 league victory.[91] Marinakis was charged with complicity to commit acts of bribery and match manipulation,[92][93] of instigation and facilitating acts of violence.[94] Marinakis, along with the president of second-division club Ilioupoli, Giorgos Tsakogiannis and others, cooperated so that a group of hardcore Olympiacos fans would travel on 13 March 2011 to a third division match and provoke riots to bring about a penalty. The prosecutor's report says that "Tsakogiannis informed [Ioannis] Papadopoulos that he had made arrangements and Evangelos Marinakis was aware of the plan for Olympiacos fans to cause riots".[94] Marinakis was acquitted from all charges by the Prosecutor, Panagiotis Poulios,[95] and the Council of Judges.[96]

In 2014, Marinakis was acquitted by the Three Members Court of First Instance relatively to the case of entering the referee's (Thanassis Yiachos's) locker room at halftime[97] during the football cup final between Olympiacos and Asteras Tripolis, against football regulations to complain about the decisions taken. Marinakis stated that he went to the referee's locker room at halftime only to wish match officials "good luck". Olympiacos went on and won the match 3–1, after a tense 1–1 at halftime.[98] In 2015 Marinakis was also acquitted by the Three Members Court of Appeals for the same case.[99]

Another investigation which led to the 2015 Greek football scandal, started in 2014 after prosecutor Aristidis Koreas was given the go-ahead by a council of judges[100] to make use of secretly recorded phone conversations[101] that point to the involvement of various sports officials, including Evangelos Marinakis. In 2014 the prosecutor charged him over match – fixing, bombing of a referee’s bakery, fraud, blackmail and joining and running a criminal organization. In November 2017, the judicial council of the Court of Appeals dropped the majority of charges, including bombing at a Greek referee’s bakery, fraud and blackmail after deeming them "absolutely groundless[102][103] Marinakis repeatedly denied all charges:[104] "These allegations have nothing to do with me and have no effect on me whatsoever," Marinakis said. "There is not one shred of evidence against me."[105] On 3 October 2014, Aristidis Koreas, though he was replaced as athletic prosecutor, he remained on the case.[106] Evangelos Marinakis was questioned on 18 June 2015 and he was released on a €200,000 bail. He was also forced to stop being involved in any football activity, as well as he must report to a police station every 15 days.[107][108] In September 2016, the prosecutor proposed the imprisonment of Mr Marinakis[109] In November 2017, the judicial council of the Court of Appeals rejected imposing provisional custody on Evangelos Marinakis and also dropped various charges after deeming them "absolutely groundless".[110] Marinakis was also resigned from president of the team due to legal reasons, giving his seat to Yiannis Moralis.[111] On 26 March 2018, Marinakis was vindicated by the Greek Supreme Court. The decision of the Greek Supreme Court confirmed that the allegations against him were unfounded.[112]

In April 2019, the Supreme Civil and Criminal Court of Greece decided that Mr Marinakis with other 27, will have a trial for the 2015 Greek football scandal. The final accusations are the felony crime of "match fixing" and creation of a gang, instead of a criminal organization.[113][114]

On 28 January 2021, the three-member criminal court of appeal has unanimously acquitted Olympiakos and Nottingham Forest owner Vangelis Marinakis and 27 others of match-fixing in a case stretching back several years.

Athens judges ruled that there is no evidence for the two charges attributed to the defendants following their alleged participation in a criminal group including altering the outcome of matches.[115]

Finally, V. Marinakis was permanently acquitted by the Ethics Committee for the category of match-fixing.[116]

Alleged drug trafficking[edit]

A Greek drug trafficking investigation that started in 2014, regarding ‘Noor 1’, a ship owned by Pantelis Kalafatis, was investigated by the Greek Coast Guard, the DEA and the Greek judicial authorities and culminated in the conviction of various individuals and two arrest warrants for Turkish nationals.[117][118]

In March 2018, Marinakis was charged with drug trafficking.[119] The accusations against Marinakis were described as "very serious charges" following an investigation after the tanker Noor 1 was intercepted at the Greek port of Piraeus carrying 2.1 tonnes of heroin in 2014.[120] According to the jailed co-owner of Noor 1, Efthymios Yiannousakis, the vessel had in fact carried an additional ton of heroin (worth $70 million) which was unloaded on the island of Crete and trafficked to mainland Europe before Greek authorities managed to intercept the rest of the cargo. Yiannousakis further claimed that the heroin unloaded in Crete belonged to Marinakis.[121] The judicial council of the Piraeus Lower Court touched on all related issues and ruled that the prosecutor's order was not justified.[122]

Nottingham Forest F.C. chairman Nicholas Randall wrote an open letter to supporters reaffirming his support for Evangelos Marinakis. Randall confirmed the matter was under investigation but that "there is no ‘charge’ against Marinakis and no ‘prosecution’ is in process."[123]

In January 2021 and after 10 witnesses of the case have already died, and after reviewing the case, the judge came to the conclusion that there was no evidence implicating Marinakis, and therefore concluded his investigation.[124]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelos_Marinakis#Sports

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Zinckernagel is nearly 28 :D 

I also wonder if Watford will want to keep him, given the job he did in the Championship this season. I guess everyone has their price, but Watford might set one Forest would be stupid to pay.

I was very happy to see Forest promoted but I did think at the time that the Huddersfield fans probably had more to look forward to next season.

Getting taken apart every week can be totally debilitating over a season and the prospect of three seasons of parachute payments is not much consolation.

Zinkernagel isn't good enough for the prem.

They usually play 3412/343.

If they are playing a front 3, the only player they have who is prob good enough is Johnson, so they prob need two forwards.

They also at minimum need a central midfielder and two wing backs.

So that's 5 players.

I would guess that mckenna and Worrall are capable of playing in the prem.

They would prob also benefit from another central defender.

So 6 players needed minimum I would guess.

- 2 forwards

- 1  central midfielder.

- left and right wing backs.

- central defender.

Edited by MaVilla

On 29/05/2022 at 22:12, VillaJ100 said:

How much have they to spend? 

Anything from zero to 100m+, depending on the direction they want to go in terms of spending.

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I was very happy to see Forest promoted but I did think at the time that the Huddersfield fans probably had more to look forward to next season.

Getting taken apart every week can be totally debilitating over a season and the prospect of three seasons of parachute payments is not much consolation.

On the other hand Forest  will consider themselves to one of the biggest clubs in the country and that the Premier League is their ‘natural’ home. The joy of promotion and the anticipation this summer will offer are what football is all about, especially after 23 years away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Zinkernagel isn't good enough for the prem.

He's a grafter but I think he is technically lacking and gives the ball away too often.

Commentators are always talking him up and so I am possibly wrong, but I can't see much.

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

On the other hand Forest  will consider themselves to one of the biggest clubs in the country and that the Premier League is their ‘natural’ home. The joy of promotion and the anticipation this summer will offer are what football is all about, especially after 23 years away. 

I might point out that I specifically said that next season might get a bit miserable, and I wouldn't doubt the joy of the present.

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Commentators are always talking him up and so I am possibly wrong, but I can't see much.

I inagine its the sense of pride in pronouncing that name properly 

• Like 1

As their squad currently stands if you take away their loan players and it's probably not even top half championship quality, so they've got a lot of work to do, not too dissimilar to us when first promoted  albeit difference with us we had Grealish and a lot of money to spend.

Being linked with Gibbs White he would be Zinkernagel replacement, as said previously will do well to exploit the loan market and take advantage of how well Cooper has done with loan players previously 😎

Might be able to offload some players to them. Davis and Hause for £20m please! Maybe El Ghazi as well :D 

Â