Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

This is what it has become for many clubs. Get promoted, can't compete, gets relegated, parachute payments make you a top team in the Championship, promoted and repeat. It's sad. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/06/2022 at 13:36, NoelVilla said:

This is what it has become for many clubs. Get promoted, can't compete, gets relegated, parachute payments make you a top team in the Championship, promoted and repeat. It's sad. 

I think the parachute payments will be looked at in next few years

On 11/06/2022 at 20:36, NoelVilla said:

I watched the final at Wembly and IMHO Huddersfield were robbed.FFS,how does a ref like that get to referee a final ?!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I watched the final at Wembly and IMHO Huddersfield were robbed.FFS,how does a ref like that get to referee a final ?!

**** Huddersfield…

If Dave Wagner hadn’t rested his squad and actually put up a fight against Small Heath, they would have been past the proverbial u-bend by now…

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Henderson loan, Awoniyi signing for 18m (striker).

Rumoured to be close to Neco Williams for 15m (Liverpool - RB/RWB) & Gibbs White for 20m (Wolves - MC).

Will be interesting to see who they do bring in, they will have an interesting team i think, at the very least, if these transfers turn out in reality as good as on paper, they should have no trouble coming back up if they do go down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Henderson loan, Awoniyi signing for 18m (striker).

Rumoured to be close to Neco Williams for 15m (Liverpool - RB/RWB) & Gibbs White for 20m (Wolves - MC).

Will be interesting to see who they do bring in, they will have an interesting team i think, at the very least, if these transfers turn out in reality as good as on paper, they should have no trouble coming back up if they do go down.

Not sure Gibbs White will do much in prem, can't say he looked that great at Wolves when he got chances. Could be one of those good championship players but not good enough for prem. However Cooper managed him in England youth set up so will know his game better than most.

Thought Fulham would get Williams full time or back on loan so that would be very good move weakening a relegation rival.

Don't know much about the striker but I still think they'll come back for Davis later on in the window aswell given Grabban's never really done much in premier league and Sam Surridge is totally unproven aswell. They're a bit like us with strikers in summer 2019 thinking about it given Johnson can play wider.

My hunch is they'll sign well enough to stay up. Vital they continue momentum and get some wins early on in the season aswell, worked a treat for Brentford.

I had my doubts about Gibbs-White but he was very good for Sheffield United, one of the best players in the Championship last season, for whatever reason it seems No.10s don't suit Wolves' system, Vitinha could hardly get a game for them, but just a season later has now signed for Paris Saint-Germain for forty million. If he goes to Forest would be perhaps surprised that a better placed club hasn't come in for him, and also that Wolves let him go.

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Seem to be doing better business than Bournemouth and fulham so far

They lost 4 or 5 key loanees. They're just replacing them at the moment. They'll find it very tough to survive. I hope they do though. 

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Seem to be doing better business than Bournemouth and fulham so far

think bournemouth are just hoping to tread water till january. the fans aren't fully behind parker believe it or not and many think he'll be gone by xmas

save the budget to give to the new manager in jan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bournemouth have no chance really, too many untested players at top level in final third.

Surprised Fulham haven't done much business so far tbh. They can stay up this time if they get 3-4 in before start of the season.

watch them do a Watford to us on the first match day.....

😩

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bournemouth have no chance really, too many untested players at top level in final third.

Surprised Fulham haven't done much business so far tbh. They can stay up this time if they get 3-4 in before start of the season.

Saw that Bournemouth have signed a lad I've never heard of on a free from Blackburn the other day, I don't mean to be dismissive but I'm just not sure that's going to cut it.

At least Forest are trying.

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Saw that Bournemouth have signed a lad I've never heard of on a free from Blackburn the other day, I don't mean to be dismissive but I'm just not sure that's going to cut it.

Sigh.

That's him scoring against us first day then.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

At least Forest are trying.

The only reason I ever heard of him was because I thought he was Jack Rodwell :D 

• Haha 1

Â