Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

Derby a fellow club of the first ever football league.  Proper history.

Nottingham Forest a fellow European Cup winner.

I'd prefer teams with a longer history to make it back to the top flight than teams without.

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Which is why I'm glad it's them 

Fulham and Bournemouth are both boring as **** and Huddersfield... Well they're Huddersfield 

Same as I like Brentford being a PL team, they're just more interesting 

'uddersfield have won the league title more than forest. Borderline interesting.

The history and the "proper" club stuff doesn't bother me, I just want an end to the too good for the EFL not good enough for the PL revolving door to end

Got no interest in Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham, baggies etc

Give me a Forest after 20 years, Preston, Luton even Millwall any day of the week 

For example I'd rather Sheffield Wednesday came up than Sheffield Utd, nothing to do with history or size I just think given the last 20 years Wednesday are more interesting 

And @The Fun Factory I get that but they're a bit of a nothing team though aren't they? Will anyone do anything other than shrug their shoulders when Huddersfield at home comes around on the fixtures list? 

18 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Derby a fellow club of the first ever football league.  Proper history.

Nottingham Forest a fellow European Cup winner.

I'd prefer teams with a longer history to make it back to the top flight than teams without.

Burnley have just got relegated and have better history than a lot of Premier League clubs but were always spoke down as some minnow.

Blackburn are also similar with the insults they get as a nothing boring club, I think only 5 other teams have won the league since they did and I think founder league members

Compared to Leeds who according to some media who were Real Madrid getting back to that level :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Part of their problem is that they had a few loan players in last season - all who played pretty big roles.  Davis, Garner, Zinckernagel, Spence and Lowe.  In fact, the first four were basically ever presents if available.  

Only Spence would cost 20m + (don't think Man. United will sell Garner).

Could probably get Lowe, Davis and Zinckernagal for 20m combined. 

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

'uddersfield have won the league title more than forest. Borderline interesting.

Huddersfield were in the league as recently as 2017-19. Did fine first season under Wagner but then totally bombed in the second season and think they managed about 20 points.

I like to see reasonably big clubs come up who haven't been in top flight for ages so Forest fitted the bill nicely.

Preston are easily biggest club left now in English football who have had a long top flight drought, think it's something ridiculous like they haven't been in top league since mid 60s so their fans are certainly long suffering when pretty much every other team around them has made prem in that time (Bolton, Blackpool, Wigan etc).

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only Spence would cost 20m + (don't think Man. United will sell Garner).

Could probably get Lowe, Davis and Zinckernagal for 20m combined. 

Yes, sure. But of that £100m being touted, they’d need to spend (let’s say) at least £20m to not-even-quite stand still. 

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yes, sure. But of that £100m being touted, they’d need to spend (let’s say) at least £20m to not-even-quite stand still. 

Similar to where we were when we came up.

Tells you how far we've come to firstly avoid relegation,  avoid the second season plummet down the league when teams figure you out,  and now have the ability to attract one of the hotest prospects in the world, champions league winners, and top quality internationals.

Forest have a big challenge ahead of them without the same level of financial backing our owners provided. 

Edited by MrBlack

Forest could look at some of our players that are no longer needed.

I think hause and el ghazi would be good signings ofr them that wont break the bank. Should they also go down they are very solid championship players to get them back up

• Like 1

They could potentially pick up a few bargains from Derby County, Lee Buchanan, Max Bird, Jason Knight, and Malcom Ebiowei, all young players with potential to play in the Premier League.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

They could potentially pick up a few bargains from Derby County, Lee Buchanan, Max Bird, Jason Knight, and Malcom Ebiowei, all young players with potential to play in the Premier League.

Sibley no good anymore?

They should look at players that can bulk their squad, but who also have plenty of premier league experience and who can step up in the championship again if they were to get relegated. Someone cheap like Ashley Westwood would keep them ticking over in midfield, would make part of a good squad for first couple of years back in the premier league and in the event of relegation can easily contribute more offesnively than in the premier league.

Hause, El Ghazi, Weimann, those sorts of players wouldnt cost the earth, would make an impact and can be mixed in with more expensive foreign signings

I think Sibley's form has dipped a little, wasn't first choice last season despite their issues, but still only twenty so could be an interesting pick up for someone,  maybe a championship team, as must still have potential.

Festy Ebosele probably would have been an ideal pick up for Forest if they can't get Spence, but he's already agreed to sign for Udinese, I think the idea was that he was going to then go to Watford, but not sure if that will happen now they've been relegated.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Spurs had a bid accepted for Spence, with Davis returning to Villa

They will easily go down with a low points tally

Spence looks ok but suprised spurs want him nit sur ehe is goid enough fir ahere they are at

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Spence looks ok but suprised spurs want him nit sur ehe is goid enough fir ahere they are at

Tonight's conundrum for the VT regulars to decipher.  I'm going to say Demitri_C thinks Spence isn't good enough for spuds 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's one of those low risk ones for Spurs I think.

If Spence hits it off straight away under Conte then brilliant for them as he becomes assist machine for Kane and Son.

If he struggles then they still have Emerson Royal and Matt Doherty around and they can flog him to someone else for 15-20m next summer as he'll still be in demand.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's one of those low risk ones for Spurs I think.

If Spence hits it off straight away under Conte then brilliant for them as he becomes assist machine for Kane and Son.

If he struggles then they still have Emerson Royal and Matt Doherty around and they can flog him to someone else for 15-20m next summer as he'll still be in demand.

20 million apparently, Cash was probably 5 million less for example

Â