Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

That's the point I was making. The human element of VAR is so inconsistent. Until this is removed we should automate what we can, but VAR should be stopped until it can be applied evenly and consistently.

To me,  that's not joined up thinking. The refs get it wrong as well, shall we get rid of them? No of course not. Maybe just get new people in to run VAR , separate to the refs so there's no relationship between them.

After than just consistent decisions,  as you have pointed out. I don't care if I think it's a wrong decision just as long as its given for us if its given against us. 

Everton is a hard place to go for refs , the crowd refs the game if their not strong,  it happened to us there. 

Couldn’t care less about the merits or otherwise of VAR. I simply don’t like it, it disrupts games and takes away its spontaneity. I’ll take the game decisions as the ref sees it, warts and all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Couldn’t care less about the merits or otherwise of VAR. I simply don’t like it, it disrupts games and takes away its spontaneity. I’ll take the game decisions as the ref sees it, warts and all. 

Absolutely. I wanted VAR, I thought it was crazy we didn't have it but god I'd go back in a heartbeat now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lainux said:

Only just realized the forest owner also owns olympicaos. Wonder if he'll have Clatternberg at our Europa games!

Dont think UEFA care about him

Are now threatening to sue Sky and Neville for calling them mafia like and will probably ban Neville from Forest games going forward

Statement wasnt all that bad

On 23/04/2024 at 16:45, DCJonah said:

Absolutely. I wanted VAR, I thought it was crazy we didn't have it but god I'd go back in a heartbeat now. 

VAR isnt the problem, it works just fine in other sports and could work great in football.

The problem is the astronomic levels of incompetence of the bodies and people implementing it.

You can have the best system in the world, but if its implemented by incompetent idiots, its going to be terrible.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

The problem is the astronomic levels of incompetence of the bodies and people implementing it.

You can have the best system in the world, but if its implemented by incompetent idiots, its going to be terrible.

Correct. There just making it up as they go.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

VAR isnt the problem, it works just fine in other sports and could work great in football.

The conspiracy theory would then be that the incompetence is because they've got no real interest in ever making it work... 

When it's scrapped we revert back to just them, we don't move on to something new or better, we just go back to the same idiots

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The conspiracy theory would then be that the incompetence is because they've got no real interest in ever making it work... 

When it's scrapped we revert back to just them, we don't move on to something new or better, we just go back to the same idiots

i guess thats one take on it.

to be honest, and i have thought about this a lot, and im not saying i am right or wrong, but do you know what it feels like to me?

I will give an example of the field of work that i work in.

In my field of work, its very rules based, and if something happens, or an event/scenario happens, where you have to make quick and under pressure decisions, people "usually" get it right, but we are human and mistakes happen, people make the wrong decision under pressure sometimes (aka dont apply the rules correctly).

Now, when you investigate the "why" of this, "why" did the person not make the rules based decision under stress or a quick event/scenario, and sometimes its "the event was so quick, and the pressure so high that a human sometimes makes mistakes, or misapplies the rules".

However, bringing this back to football, imagine a scenario where you could freeze this scenario, halt the pressure, freeze frame the event and say to the person..."what rule do you apply here, what is your decision?", then the person says...."i would do this!"........but.....thats the wrong rule/the wrong action...

why?

Because the ability to freeze the event/scenario and then ask what the rules based decision is, has now actually highlighted that the individual doesnt know the rules properly in the first place, and before when a mistake happened, they could hide behind "it all happened so fast, the pressure was on, i was under pressure and i made the decision that looked right for the event".......this can then be explained away as "it was in the moment and maybe that just how they saw it under pressure and stress, and speed of the event".

However, one you come in and freeze frame it, and ask them what they must do, and they still get it wrong, its just proving that they actually didnt know what they were doing in the first place, they were making it up as they went along and hiding behind excuses that you couldnt prove werent true.....but VAR/freezing the event has now exposed a level of incompetence/low level of competence, and the mistakes are still happening.

Now, maybe this isnt corruption, maybe its just incompetence that was always there, and it was excused due to mitigating circumstances, but now the event can be frozen, they actually still dont know, and it now exposes the true reason, which is incompetence and lack of competency.

ie: Hanlon's Razor states: never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect, ignorance or incompetence.

After all that, im not saying there isnt some bias, and maybe even some corruption at times, but i would honestly propose that 80-90% of it is what i say above, just incompetence that was always there, that is now exposed to a higher degree, and the excuses for making the mistakes removed, but they still happen.

ie: incompetence, not actually knowing all the rules, and applying them wrong because they didnt actually know how to in the first place, in many cases.

Edited by MaVilla

Incompetence because they don't know the rules is interesting because it's arguably us lot that don't actually know the rules... Or more specifically how the rules are interpreted but that's a rod that pgmol make for their own back because they constantly change how their own rules are interpreted, the handball rule being the prime example, I'm sure pgmol will state all of their refs know exactly what the rule is, the problem is we don't which makes the whole thing bullshit 

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Clattenburg has resigned from his Consulting role at Forest

Hell of a lot of professional bridges burned for the sake of a 3 month gig.

What a terrible shame.

• Like 1

Â