Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

I was Zone 6 so mine has jumped up £161, a 43% increase. I'm debating what to do but i may give it one more year. Before we had discount in the shop (i know they've sold it off) and free vouchers for food and drink. We get nothing now. No phone signal, long queues so can't buy anything, queues for the train or horrendous traffic depending on how i get there. 

I do appreciate we were cheap but they could have kept the zones and just done a 10% increase across the board and that would be it. My brother is on the waiting list though has no plans to actually get one. Yeah it may still be busy next season but if we don't improve, they'll soon see the numbers drop 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

I'm dreading it as the noises last season was that it would be another increase. £555 before covid refunds behind the goals last season for existing ST holders or £622 for new ones. They are bottling announcing anything whilst there are still home fixtures left to feel the fans ire.

Clubs are fleecing fans and an increase of £100 per season ticket gets an additional £3m of income which in this day and age gets you nothing. Is that the equivalent of finishing 2 places higher up the table? Arguments about needing to increase season ticket prices to get you to the next level are IMO nonsensical as the only way to do it is to finish higher up the table, get the extra prize money, get into Europe, more games, more advertising revenue, more exposure, more revenue etc etc.

If Coutinho is on £300k per week then 26000 season ticket holders at £600 a time just about covers his wages before Employers National Insurance! Season ticket revenue is small fry for Premier League clubs when compared to the TV income.

Clubs don't care really. If the demand is there (and it is for us and has been for you guys since summer 2017) they'll keep putting prices knowing if one person refuses to pay another will step in and pay it.

Guess with your poor end of season and perhaps your promotion team starting to break up a bit your attendances might start to dip slightly next season if you have a poor start. We're probably 12 months off that if we have another mediocre season.

I keep seeing people say we pay less than other clubs. Trouble is if we start pricing like say Leicester and Wolves then people will be expecting us to win an FA cup and reach europa QFs like those two have in recent times so that's where the pressure hits. People certainly won't be happy with increased prices just to finish 11th-13th year in year out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Sorry to be thick, how much is that in pounds?

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Last accounts were £11m out of income of £180m, but I'm not sure how much of that was reduced because of Covid.

i found this interesting, shows the huge....huge gap.

image.png.d35b1de121892a982dcf224a957da687.png

• Thanks 1

C5 - £615 to £677 so £62 more. Or £3.10 more per match. I really really can't complain. And it's just me and the wife so not multiple family members.

Some of the other increases are bordering on scandalous though. Concessions in old zones are being unfairly burdened. As some one else mentioned, should have spread the increases for those - at least price freeze in new Zone 4 or something.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Have they scrapped the value games?

This season I paid £60 for 2 adults and 2 children in one of the ‘value’ games against Watford.

But I also had to pay £55 a ticket for the Man Utd game (for example).

"With regards to game categories, there is a growing trend of teams only having two tiers of game, A and B. We currently also have C but propose to remove that in line with league standards"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Here's another thing to keep an eye out for.

A lot of people are talking about moving seats once that window opens on the 13th June.

It's worth remembering that we sell about 36,000 regular tickets to home fans each game and 29,000 of those are season tickets.

That means there are only about 7,000 seats for people to move into and they are predominantly in the areas of the ground that people don't prefer.

If you're on your own, you've probably got a decent chance of moving wherever you like.

If you're a pair, you might struggle to find two empty available seats together in some areas of the ground.

If there are four of you that want to move from the Lower North Stand, I think you'll have next to no chance of finding four together in the Lower Holte.

I'm not sure how the club are going to manage that, but there are lots of people I've seen thinking of moving - either because of the price, or because they're now paying the same price as in other areas of the ground that they didn't move to before because they were more expensive.

3 days to allocate by phone only is a very short window. I don't think £530 odd is good value for any seat in the North Stand. Its clapped out and they have freely admitted it needs replacing.  If you are charging a fair wack, as a customer you expect more than a corridor to drink in and toilets which look as about as good as the one in Trainspotting.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

"With regards to game categories, there is a growing trend of teams only having two tiers of game, A and B. We currently also have C but propose to remove that in line with league standards"

"Every other club is **** their fans, so lube up and bend over"

• Like 2

It's a gamble for the club. If results, table position, cup runs etc. don't improve, you'll see empty seats again. They should've waited until next summer to even consider a price raise, IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Hate this attitude so much. Why? Says who? This clearing in the woods who can afford it?

This increase makes the multi-billionaire owners less than £10m.

The club doesn't need it IMO.

We need to get better on the pitch, that'll attract more sponsors to pull in some real money.

This could have been far more empathetic.

to do that we need better players, which may require more money......thats the vicious circle we are in.

Me and my mate buy a family ticket in the upper north for us and our 2 lads which has been great value i have thought. Ours has gone up 25% from £966 to £1207 for next season.

£603.50 for me and my lad to go for the season which even after the increase is still a very good price in my opinion, working out at around £31.50 per game for both of us to attend each match.

My brothers in the lower Holte and his has gone up around 18%.

I will say though some of the increases i am reading on here is absolutely mental in terms of a rise in one go and think they have probably p****d off a lot of fans with this so will be interesting to see how many stop going because of it. I don't blame anyone for rejecting to pay the inflated prices on that note as it's all down to personal circumstances at the end of the day. It's just incredibly bad timing with all the living costs going through the roof at the same time and with a recession possibly on the way then it makes it even worse... Probably typical Villa timing at its best! 

The full COVID season is probably where we are paying for it now, and the North stand about to be done too. I think 10% a season for a few seasons is acceptable but you have to stop that somewhere along the line also.I would hope at the very least these prices freeze for a few seasons now and things improve on the pitch to justify it.

We renewed straight away but i did think about it for a few minutes, I've accepted this time based on its still good value for me and my lad, but will have to really consider if anymore rises over next few seasons. 

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

Family ticket for 4 gone from £744 to £1440 , wouldn't mind so much if we are any good

the problem is that last season's price was abnormally cheap. you were taking a family of 4 to a PL game for a total of less than £40. with respect, you must've known it wasn't going to be that cheap for ever

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the problem is that last season's price was abnormally cheap. you were taking a family of 4 to a PL game for a total of less than £40. with respect, you must've known it wasn't going to be that cheap for ever

Of course but double the price? There has always been some sort of loyalty from the club to long term fans i.e early bird renewals ,  all of this has gone. There is also the fact that these seats were historically cheaper as they were inferior seats , all of a sudden they aren't. The club have disproportionately targeted families in my opinion

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

"Every other club is **** their fans, so lube up and bend over"

Other clubs don't have cat c games so we won't either. We'll just ignore that two of the stands are falling down and barely have room to stand and have a piss.

30 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Of course but double the price? There has always been some sort of loyalty from the club to long term fans i.e early bird renewals ,  all of this has gone. There is also the fact that these seats were historically cheaper as they were inferior seats , all of a sudden they aren't. The club have disproportionately targeted families in my opinion

All I can think is they've realised that with 24,000 on the waiting list they're looking to get more full-priced adults in instead of concessions taking up seats and paying the cheap prices. Very short-term thinking as if the kids don't get down the match and fall in love with in-person football, they'll all just watch the 'big' teams on telly, and there'll be no one left to go down VP in 20-30 years.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, blunther said:

Charge premium prices then I want a product that's better than the one that used to cost far less for exactly the same offering. 

The unfortunate truth is that these aren't premium prices though, these are prices other teams have been paying for a while. 

Holte End prices are now a little ahead of Everton Gladwys Street tickets but I bet the facilities in The Holte are much better. 

I've not looked at London teams or big 6 but they will definitely be way ahead. 

It's all very unfortunate and poor timing but they had to shift the pricing eventually. 

It's the under 21 price that grates with me.  

• Like 2

It would have been helpful to move the direct debits to 10 or even 12 months. Can't understand why they haven't done that. Renew early and get 12 months. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The unfortunate truth is that these aren't premium prices though, these are prices other teams have been paying for a while. 

Holte End prices are now a little ahead of Everton Gladwys Street tickets but I bet the facilities in The Holte are much better. 

Just Because others are doing it doesn't mean we have to though. The vast vast majority of our income is through TV money. These changes will raise a couple of million a year, we could probably make more than that by getting a sponsor for the Doug Ellis and leaving ticket prices as they are, or having one less player on the books that never actually plays.

Lower Holte facilities are absolutely awful. The Holte Suite cuts into it so most of the width is a narrow corridor. It's impossible to get food/drink at half time without missing part of the match. Going for a piss takes ages. What's more, there has been absolutely no improvement in the facilities. We keep being promised it, but the prices goes up and up and guess what,  the facilities are the same now as when it was built on the cheap in the early 90s.

I've not looked at London teams or big 6 but they will definitely be way ahead. 

Again, just because they do it doesn't mean we have to, but even so, London is much wealthier than Brum, their wages are higher and they have the population to sustain it. Also the very expensive clubs like Spurs and Arsenal at least have the facilities to 'justify' such costs - our ground offers no more than a non-league ground in terms of facilities. A couple of bars, some undercooked overpriced food and far too few toilets, and that's it.

It's all very unfortunate and poor timing but they had to shift the pricing eventually. 

It's the under 21 price that grates with me.  

I don't agree that they did have to shift the pricing eventually. We're all so conditioned to the idea of £50 being a fair price to watch a game of football, but it doesn't need to be that way. Instead of comparing us to clubs like Spurs and Arsenal, let's compare ourselves to clubs in Germany or Spain. They have competitive football, offer a better experience in terms of facilities and still manage to charge less. Despite having less TV money.

Pricing out kids is so short-sighted it hurts. I genuinely hope we don't expand to 50k+ because it's going to be embarrassing down the line when most folk are priced out and the kids all support TV teams due to never having gone to a match.

I know I keep banging on about this but I'm really hurting, if I don't renew it's the end of an era, it's part of my identity, who I am and what I do but this game just isn't right anymore and eventually I've gotta draw a line.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It would have been helpful to move the direct debits to 10 or even 12 months. Can't understand why they haven't done that. Renew early and get 12 months. 

Yeah with a 12 month then it just becomes a 'permanent' cost, you kind of stop noticing the money is gone in the end if it's every month. Over 8 months there's a big chunk of change missing that you had in your bank the month before. A 12 month recurring ST basically becomes a subscription service. No idea why they haven't done that, saw on the Twitter Q&A that they have no interest in even looking at it. 

7 hours ago, TRO said:

to do that we need better players, which may require more money......thats the vicious circle we are in.

Do you realise how little our season tickets actually add to the pot? The Premier league went 18 months without any crowd at all with barely an issue.

Given how much campaigning was done on the £30 away tickets, the massive hikes in home tickets for most clubs has seemed to have passed off without as much as a murmur. 

We are approaching the biggest squeeze in living standards for generations. Some  folk may have to choose between food or fuel this winter. I just don't think this price review is great timing.

• Like 4