Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

I am not paying over 500 quid to sit in the North Stand next year. The facilities are dated, hence the plans to knock it down. I may renew and relocate to the Holte wings. At least you get some space in the concourse. And if the North Stand is rebuilt I may return one day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is I understand 20 odd thousand on the waiting list...and despite the football spectacle being debatable, we have still have sell out gates.

I don't see it getting worse next season, in terms of the spectacle or the attendance.

and the expansion is to 50+ thousand, initially.

so I don't see how all your comments equate.

Explain the empty seats against Tottenham and Norwich? Apathy has already set in. I know people who won't be renewing already regardless. The season has been an absolute grind. There's been 2 or 3 enjoyable games at home this season.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am not paying over 500 quid to sit in the North Stand next year. The facilities are dated, hence the plans to knock it down. I may renew and relocate to the Holte wings. At least you get some space in the concourse. And if the North Stand is rebuilt I may return one day.

I took my partner there for her first game as it was the only place we could get seats, I was genuinely embarrassed by the state of the place. Took some convincing to get her to another game.

Most of the ground is pretty dated with poor facilities, but the North Stand is like travelling back in time. I don't know how they can try to charge Holte/Trinity wing prices for it with a straight face. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Some large increases but on the whole the season tickets were, I understand, very cheap compared to a lot of the clubs we want to compete against. 

To develop and improve as a club we need to get more revenue where we can so in some regards the increases make sense although, as always, some tickets will have gone up % wise more than others.

Sadly it will price some people out either with the tickets costing too much or people just not being able to justify the time/expense combination.

Personally I think the club should have done gradual increases but appreciate COVID must have made the difficult.

Just added me and my daughter to the waiting list so keen to get a season ticket if they become available. UTV!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ticket prices aren't that much of a chunk of a successful clubs income - and whilst we need to maximise any and every revenue stream, you do have to wonder how much value there is in large increases in ticket prices compared to, for example, finding a sponsor for the training ground.

I don't know all the ins and outs.....but the club has so far, been pretty fair with us in my view, in relation to pricing.

I am sure questions will be raised and answers forth coming, but I don't think our lot are avaricious.....so maybe we are missing some of the necessary costings the club has to meet.....should they have put them up before, avoiding a big hike?....these are the questions.

just being devils advocate here.

I don't want to pay more, as I am not working.....but we need to know the pro's and cons, before we kick off, is my point.....The club has to meet its financial commitments.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Explain the empty seats against Tottenham and Norwich? Apathy has already set in. I know people who won't be renewing already regardless. The season has been an absolute grind. There's been 2 or 3 enjoyable games at home this season.

Norwich's apathy is expected, that is down to them, not us.

If we play scintillating football, do they put the prices up?.....did they implement a price increase in the 1980/81 season?

The standard of football, is another argument, it might equate to you and other fans, in terms of value for money,  but it doesn't equate to accountants.

And they have scrapped game C match day pricing- or Villa Value in old language. Given that the cheapest season tickets average to about £28 per match I reckon the days of adult match day tickets for less than £30 are gone. £35-£40 minimum to watch a televised mid week game versus Fulham- we will still sell this sort of game out?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Norwich's apathy is expected, that is down to them, not us.

If we play scintillating football, do they put the prices up?.....did they implement a price increase in the 1980/81 season?

The standard of football, is another argument, it might equate to you and other fans, in terms of value for money,  but it doesn't equate to accountants.

Well I didn't mind paying the price of a season ticket in the Championship because we had something to cheer we won games and scored goals.

Currently we're paying for tickets and not seeing a shot in anger in a month of football.

So yes the price has increased because we're in a higher league with better calibre of players. We're winning less games it's less enjoyable and the facilities are just as shit and the journey home takes double the time.

Yes sure. I'll drop 160 notes for that.

The experience is worse now than it was 3 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Last accounts were £11m out of income of £180m, but I'm not sure how much of that was reduced because of Covid.

I work it out as roughly £14 million income from our season tickets this coming season.

Plus £5 million from individual ticket sales. 

Plus £4m from matchday food and drink  sales.

So matchday revenue of £23 million for the coming season.

Guest av1

Just renewed. £806.00 for me and the boy in K7, with 8 months credit. Can’t complain really 

Chatting with the fam and it looks like the three of us with about 100 years of unbroken season ticket between us are out. A bridge too far along with VAR, crap "matchday experience" (I don't care when it was all spit and sawdust but for the Megabucks I expect more) and general 'the game's gone' stuff. Old man's ticket went up 63% (concession in L5). Capped to 50% this year but that's still outrageous. I'm sure someone else will have the ticket, but unless we get some quick success they may well get bored before reaching the sort of history we've got.

Still time to change our mind but seems there's a bit of consensus among fans I've spoken to of this being the straw that broke the camel's back. 

Edited by blunther
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

51 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Norwich was lower attendance than usual but pretty sure Norwich didn't take any of the upper section so that was good 1.5k seats unusued. Still 39k Villa fans inside the ground to watch us play 20th place.

I don't see an issue next season as club will surely get in 2-3 decent players. However it's a problem if we then don't kick on and finish 8th at least as only so many times you can say progress before it must be reflected in league position and us having a West Ham/Leicester season.

Haven't had a season ticket since about 2011 so have no real stake in this debate but assume with the increases there won't be a single matchday ticket below 30 quid next season.

I actually picked up a restricted view seat for Saturday's game for 21 quid in the Witton/Holte corner. Still saw both goals fine.

Edited by VillaChris

43 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

And they have scrapped game C match day pricing- or Villa Value in old language. Given that the cheapest season tickets average to about £28 per match I reckon the days of adult match day tickets for less than £30 are gone. £35-£40 minimum to watch a televised mid week game versus Fulham- we will still sell this sort of game out?

Have they scrapped the value games?

This season I paid £60 for 2 adults and 2 children in one of the ‘value’ games against Watford.

But I also had to pay £55 a ticket for the Man Utd game (for example).

Edited by ender4

So I logged on for the special price on family tickets and its gone from £740 for 2 adults 2 kids which was an absolute bargain to £1110 which is a 50% increase.

This does mean I can move more central in the Upper North or elsewhere in Zone 4.  £555 for me and the boy so I guess it's not too bad for a better seat.

So for all you guys and girls that have kids u14 speak to your mates who have similar and get a family ticket in zone 4 if you were in zone 6.  Not sure if you will get the £1110 deal but you might save a few quid.

Guest av1
1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The one to keep an eye on by way of comparison is Wolves.

I don't know what Wolves have been charging for the last few years, but I lived in Wolverhampton for a few years about 10yrs ago and I remember talking to a ST holder who was paying more than me for his ST and they were in the championship at the time. 

Here's another thing to keep an eye out for.

A lot of people are talking about moving seats once that window opens on the 13th June.

It's worth remembering that we sell about 36,000 regular tickets to home fans each game and 29,000 of those are season tickets.

That means there are only about 7,000 seats for people to move into and they are predominantly in the areas of the ground that people don't prefer.

If you're on your own, you've probably got a decent chance of moving wherever you like.

If you're a pair, you might struggle to find two empty available seats together in some areas of the ground.

If there are four of you that want to move from the Lower North Stand, I think you'll have next to no chance of finding four together in the Lower Holte.

I'm not sure how the club are going to manage that, but there are lots of people I've seen thinking of moving - either because of the price, or because they're now paying the same price as in other areas of the ground that they didn't move to before because they were more expensive.

3 hours ago, Wurzel said:

One Villa fan saying "If you want European football you have to pay for it" when commentating about the season ticket price hikes on BBC Radio WM. Out of interest how much is generated every season from ticket sales?

Hate this attitude so much. Why? Says who? This clearing in the woods who can afford it?

This increase makes the multi-billionaire owners less than £10m.

The club doesn't need it IMO.

We need to get better on the pitch, that'll attract more sponsors to pull in some real money.

This could have been far more empathetic.

• Like 2