Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

13 hours ago, blunther said:

Yep, no love for the owners from me. You don't get to be a billionaire without being a cold-hearted person who isn't afraid to hurt a few people on the way up. That's the world we live in. They are what they are but they aren't running this club for the pure love of the sport or the club, and they don't give a **** about the fans as people. We're just a revenue stream. That's just how the world is. There's no room for love or sentiment in football anymore. Which makes me wonder... Given its now a global entertainment business with billions riding on it, is it actually still football? Or just one step removed from WWE?

There hasn't been for quite some time. There's no loyalty to staff, players, or fans - it's a one way emotional relationship that's encouraged by multimillion, multinational companies, as it drives profits and ensures they have a captive audience of loyal customers that are all too often blinded by the shit deal they've given because it helps "their club". At best what football fans fund is an an egotrip for our billionaire owners, at worst it's a manipulative shakedown to drive longterm profit. Empty your pockets lads, we need a whipround to spend tens of millions on a new player, you want to play your part, don't you? 

When you boil it down, it doesn't make that much more sense than Clubcard holders cheering on Tesco's profit margins and being willing to pay a bit more to ensure that they support a supermarket that can really push on and become one of the best in the area.

I still enjoy premier league football. As long as I don't think too hard about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Crystal Palace was a Saturday 3pm as well plus Liverpool at Anfield but I agree

We played West Ham on a Sunday but they didnt even have a European game that week

I would like to see how many Saturday 3pms Liverpool, United and City have had between them

Read a crazy stat that apparently Spurs haven't had a single Sat 3pm game at the new White Hart Lane yet! They played first match there in April 2019....

23 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Will be interesting to see any update the Ticket Office provide on how renewals are progressing.

As ever, good performances like last night must help sales.

They will say everything is great and not mention everyone has had at least a 10% increase to cough up. They will then mention the 24,000 waiting list to imply that you are lucky to have such a seat.

waiting until payday to do mine, Thursday 26th it should be. Don't think I will risk using the new finance as i have heard they are more stringent than zebra finance were so will just pay it all then, at least I won't have to think about it until this time next year. Hopefully they do the decent thing and freeze them for a while after this rise

31 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

waiting until payday to do mine, Thursday 26th it should be. Don't think I will risk using the new finance as i have heard they are more stringent than zebra finance were so will just pay it all then, at least I won't have to think about it until this time next year. Hopefully they do the decent thing and freeze them for a while after this rise

Who is providing the new finance instead of Zebra

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Who is providing the new finance instead of Zebra

i've heard that is V12 Retail Finance. tbh i could probably pass the credit check but i would rather not have a rejection on my record and only recently got a credit card so still building up the history. For the majority of adults im sure they would pass it, however iirc some people were saying they had been rejected by them

9 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

i've heard that is V12 Retail Finance. tbh i could probably pass the credit check but i would rather not have a rejection on my record and only recently got a credit card so still building up the history. For the majority of adults im sure they would pass it, however iirc some people were saying they had been rejected by them

Can't say I'd heard of them particularly but I'd have thought rejection for this type of purchase would be quite rare due to the value and the fact its interest free

10% is a hefty rise and the removal of the cheaper zones is a bit of a sneaky move. We have historically been quite cheap compared to others so I expect the match day prices will be going north too.

I'm priced out of going to many matches so will continue with membership for now. Moving further away from being the working mans hobby

37 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I may be wrong here, but I'm sure it was V12 last time out. Zebra was year before that.

I do wonder how many people could be turned down for this type of credit as it practically risk free for the lender bar a slight admin cost - you don't own a tangible product for them to lose (eg a car or laptop) and you've always paid far ahead of any services you've used. And, if you default they just cancel the season ticket surely? I'd put it more akin to a direct debit for a subscription service like Netflix or something, not sure what a credit check is needed for other than to save them the tiny hassle of potentially selling tickets to people who don't 'exist' or could never afford it anyway.

I'd love to know how many get turned down as a percentage (less than 1% I'd hope and assume) and how many people have lost their season tickets due to missed/stopped DD (single digits, again I'd assume).

55 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I may be wrong here, but I'm sure it was V12 last time out. Zebra was year before that.

I do wonder how many people could be turned down for this type of credit as it practically risk free for the lender bar a slight admin cost - you don't own a tangible product for them to lose (eg a car or laptop) and you've always paid far ahead of any services you've used. And, if you default they just cancel the season ticket surely? I'd put it more akin to a direct debit for a subscription service like Netflix or something, not sure what a credit check is needed for other than to save them the tiny hassle of potentially selling tickets to people who don't 'exist' or could never afford it anyway.

I'd love to know how many get turned down as a percentage (less than 1% I'd hope and assume) and how many people have lost their season tickets due to missed/stopped DD (single digits, again I'd assume).

i think the profit margins must be wafer thin as zebra finance shut down a few years ago. i bought a season ticket through zebra years ago, must have been 13/14 season. They might alter their lending criteria this year due to cost of living, who knows, as they will want to make sure that people do pay it otherwise they will shut down. data would be interesting however.

Got splinters in my rear end sitting on the fence deciding to renew or not....

Couple of things it's the 150 year anniversary coming up in 2024 and I hope that will be worth being around for. I certainly wont be around for the 200th !

With the timing of Coutinho signing for us seems to be a ploy to encourage us fence sitters that more signings are on the way and therefore to renew....

Interesting that at least 4 people near me are not renewing.....is it me????😊

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Got splinters in my rear end sitting on the fence deciding to renew or not....

Couple of things it's the 150 year anniversary coming up in 2024 and I hope that will be worth being around for. I certainly wont be around for the 200th !

With the timing of Coutinho signing for us seems to be a ploy to encourage us fence sitters that more signings are on the way and therefore to renew....

Interesting that at least 4 people near me are not renewing.....is it me????😊

If I was a current STH I would renew no questions asked. Being just a member now I have no interest in joining a 24k queue to become a STH. 

I'm happy with a few games here and there, I do miss away games though, that was always the best part of being a STH

Just renewed myself. Despite the 43% increase i just can't give up my ticket yet. If it goes up significantly again though i'll be out. Wouldn't mind a few people near me not renewing mind. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 5-1 said:

Just renewed myself. Despite the 43% increase i just can't give up my ticket yet. If it goes up significantly again though i'll be out. Wouldn't mind a few people near me not renewing mind. 

43%? We're you in one of the zones that doesn't exist now