Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

They were delicious.

Are we still talking about food from VP? :)

I can't remember the last time i managed to get some chips that were cooked properly

They have done a QandA on the villa support twitter, someone asked about ST holders could get some kind of benefit with actually being a ST holder? They replied to look out for something new when our renewed season tickets come

38 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Looks like the club will be testing if our commitment matches that of the owners and if we really need a 50K stadium. 😀

I genuinely think this is partly behind the high increases. They'll have looked at the cost of STs at other PL clubs, thought they can charge more and if the demand dramatically decreases, there's less incentive to increase capacity.

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

They have done a QandA on the villa support twitter, someone asked about ST holders could get some kind of benefit with actually being a ST holder? They replied to look out for something new when our renewed season tickets come

be a badge like we used to get or something else rubbish

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Less change £!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I think my ticket was 535 last season. Restricted view. Its not 676. Absolute disgrace. Beyond an increase. An absolute piss take and for what. To watch Purslow and his team piss another 100m down the drain.

Well that is a worry, isn't it.

However, market forces dictate here, so we have to be accurate/reasonable with our criticism.

Aston Villa season tickets prices have been quite modest imo.....but our biggest out goings is players fees and wages, so we have to be cuter in what we buy and what we sell.

I am not clear, who is responsible for recruitment or what portion each person involved has.....but so far, I am only modestly impressed, bearing in mind, I don't know either, how difficult it is.

I have been very impressed with Liverpools business, of late.....and sure, its easier to get players to go there, than to us......but they too have had some barren years before Klopp of really top class recruits.

We need to up the ante, in this regard.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

the club have said they are capping any increase to 50% 

How very generous of them. There you go @blunther, you've saved £35, bargain.

(I know you're only trying to help, and don't set ST prices, OBE :D

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

One Villa fan saying "If you want European football you have to pay for it" when commentating about the season ticket price hikes on BBC Radio WM. Out of interest how much is generated every season from ticket sales?

4 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

One Villa fan saying "If you want European football you have to pay for it" when commentating about the season ticket price hikes on BBC Radio WM. Out of interest how much is generated every season from ticket sales?

About 10% of our total income.

5 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Gonna be a lot more vocal disappointment when we pay for European football and finish 13th next season then. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

About 10% of our total income.

Crazy. TV money should make tickets cheaper, not the opposite. Genuinely don't know how we have so many people who can still afford it these days. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Changes in circumstance(s) and significant price increase included, I'm guessing the following numbers -

Current STs 30k

Renewing STs 22.5k (75%)

7.5k STs offered to waiting list

7.5k sold to the first 15k on the waiting list (50% take up rate).

5 to 10k remaining on waiting list.

Only other thing on this is that the club are deliberately reducing the cap on season tickets in preparation for the rebuild - if we went into a season without a North Stand with 30,000 season ticket holders, we'd be selling about 1,000 seats per game - at the moment I think there are about 29,000 season ticket holders and I think they'll look to drop another chunk from those that don't renew before they sell to the list.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Sorry to be thick, how much is that in pounds?

Last accounts were £11m out of income of £180m, but I'm not sure how much of that was reduced because of Covid.

10 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

How much do Bayern Munich or Dortmund fans pay for season tickets and they dont have Premier League riches

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Last accounts were £11m out of income of £180m, but I'm not sure how much of that was reduced because of Covid.

Thanks for that, so from that we can deduce that it will make absolutely no difference to the European fighting fund.

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Thanks for that, so from that we can deduce that it will make absolutely no difference to the European fighting fund.

I'd hazard a guess that the income from season tickets doesn't add up to as much as Coutinho currently makes per year - but FFP means it's almost a requirement for clubs to maximise every revenue stream they can - the league is set up to wring every penny out of everyone that comes into contact with it.