Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

40 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Mate you should be in marketing for the Villa, it’s a good attempt you’ve done there to try and cover their drooling over easy rise in prices, rubbing their hands over not that much extra money!

Fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Its not easy, to come up with any solutions and I would imagine the club themselves are no comfortable with a decision, they couldn't avoid.....I do believe if they could, they would, that is the trust, I have in these owners.

I'm sure they'll be able to cope after drying their tears with the £50 notes.

The club are not our friends. We're not "fans", we're customers, a revenue stream, and the sooner people realise it the better.

• Like 3

So I emailed the ticket office and they’ve told mine and my sons exact position in the waiting list- we’re in the mid 7000s. I doubt that many people will choose not to renew but I also doubt all 7000 ahead of me will definitely take up the opportunity if offered so I’ll have to see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So I emailed the ticket office and they’ve told mine and my sons exact position in the waiting list- we’re in the mid 7000s. I doubt that many people will choose not to renew but I also doubt all 7000 ahead of me will definitely take up the opportunity if offered so I’ll have to see how it goes.

When did you join the list?

I email them and they told me they can't tell me where I am on the list 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

When did you join the list?

I email them and they told me they can't tell me where I am on the list 🤷‍♂️

Not sure, over a year ago. I only emailed this week as they mentioned on that Q and A session the other day that you could. You have to send them your fan ID.

I'll be renewing mine in North Upper, think its gone up quite a lot, £591 now which equates to £27 a game, think last year it worked out about £22 a game or even less. Weirdly im in the position, for the first time, where i will be able to renew the ticket without having to scrabble around to find the money and will be able to do it upfront instead of using that zebra finance thing. It was a big surprise to see the size of the increase though, not ideal and many people will have to make tough choices. Someone i used to go with who sits next to me won't be renewing so there is a free spot there

• Like 1

Also, did anyone actually get an email telling them that ST's are able to be renewed? I found out via word of mouth and through the Birmingham Mail, would have been nice to get an official email from the club tbh 😅

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Also, did anyone actually get an email telling them that ST's are able to be renewed? I found out via word of mouth and through the Birmingham Mail, would have been nice to get an official email from the club tbh 😅

Every season ticket holder got an email. Which means one of two things - either yours has gone into your junk folder, or you've turned off the 'email me' thing in your account settings - have a look at the settings on the official site.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Every season ticket holder got an email. Which means one of two things - either yours has gone into your junk folder, or you've turned off the 'email me' thing in your account settings - have a look at the settings on the official site.

cheers i'll check out the settings, didn't have anything in my inbox or junk and usually receieve an email about other villa related matters so its strange

On 06/05/2022 at 15:42, nick76 said:

Mate you should be in marketing for the Villa, it’s a good attempt you’ve done there to try and cover their drooling over easy rise in prices, rubbing their hands over the extra money!

I don't think so Nick.....I think they kept a lid on prices for some time now.

However, I see the fans side too......and i genuinely feel for families in particular and fans who have to travel far....their loyalty cannot be underestimated.....and they do have to dig deep.

I am not happy about the hike, but I am trying hard to see it from all angles...I do genuinely feel we have good people running Villa.

I used to have 4 season tickets for me and the family, so I do know how tough that can be.

I don't have that burden anymore, as they are grown up, and the mrs has lost her appetite for travelling abroad on holidays......So Villa is our prime entertainment function, sad oldies.

Its easy for me.....but not so for other folk, I suspect.

On 06/05/2022 at 17:06, Davkaus said:

I'm sure they'll be able to cope after drying their tears with the £50 notes.

The club are not our friends. We're not "fans", we're customers, a revenue stream, and the sooner people realise it the better.

Who is going to be your friend in business.....We all spend our money with Oodles of businesses and everyone of them is not our friends, but we still do.

Maybe we misjudge the relationship with the Business side of Aston Villa, and our emotional connection gets in the way of that.......EG if Ford raised the price of its cars and we always buy a Ford would the same cynicism apply?.....I guess we could buy another brand, but they all follow suit anyway, because they are all subject to the same market forces, and have to buy components from much the same sources.

I am fairly clear as to what the situation is..... am I happy paying c 40% more not at all?.....Do I understand the rationale behind the increases, in a world where everything is being increased?, yeah, I think so.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 05/05/2022 at 15:33, turvontour said:

Does anyone else feel like this season was the worst set of fixtures/scheduling of matches that we've had in years. Or is this just the way itll be going forward, with very few Saturday 3PMs? 

the timings havent been brilliantt tbh. In the 15 days remaining of this season, we are playing at home 3 times and 2/3 are 8pm kickoffs against Liverpool on Tuesday and Burnley on the 19th May. The Palace home game is 2pm on Sunday 15th May, so no 3pm kickoffs remaining which is shocking

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Who is going to be your friend in business.....We all spend our money with Oodles of businesses and everyone of them is not our friends, but we still do.

Maybe we misjudge the relationship with the Business side of Aston Villa, and our emotional connection gets in the way of that.......EG if Ford raised the price of its cars and we always buy a Ford would the same cynicism apply?.....I guess we could buy another brand, but they all follow suit anyway, because they are all subject to the same market forces, and have to buy components from much the same sources.

I am fairly clear as to what the situation is..... am I happy paying c 40% more not at all?.....Do I understand the rationale behind the increases, in a world where everything is being increased?, yeah, I think so.

Mate, I think you are generally being really generous with the club over this, it’s fair enough if you feel this way, I just don’t agree.  Putting my 77 year old moms ticket, a loyal season ticket, a Villa fan all her life, in the current climate up 32% is a disgrace!  My family are basically done with our season tickets, I’m the only one on the fence but slipping away.  We know what it means giving up our season tickets and I’m fortunate I can cover the cost if I wanted to but it’s a step too far, taking the pee with everything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Mate, I think you are generally being really generous with the club over this, it’s fair enough if you feel this way, I just don’t agree.  Putting my 77 year old moms ticket, a loyal season ticket, a Villa fan all her life, in the current climate up 32% is a disgrace!  My family are basically done with our season tickets, I’m the only one on the fence but slipping away.  We know what it means giving up our season tickets and I’m fortunate I can cover the cost if I wanted to but it’s a step too far, taking the pee with everything else.

Yep, no love for the owners from me. You don't get to be a billionaire without being a cold-hearted person who isn't afraid to hurt a few people on the way up. That's the world we live in. They are what they are but they aren't running this club for the pure love of the sport or the club, and they don't give a **** about the fans as people. We're just a revenue stream. That's just how the world is. There's no room for love or sentiment in football anymore. Which makes me wonder... Given its now a global entertainment business with billions riding on it, is it actually still football? Or just one step removed from WWE?

• Like 1

Just had a quick look at clubs in the part of the world where I live, Cambridge United Adult season ticket between 300 and 400 quid, Ipswich 400 to 500 and Norwich just over 600 despite being relegated...

Interesting that some of these clubs offered discounts as well. Norwich season tickets went on sale in Feb this year.

I am slowly coming off the fence to renew.....

VTID

Derek

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

the timings havent been brilliantt tbh. In the 15 days remaining of this season, we are playing at home 3 times and 2/3 are 8pm kickoffs against Liverpool on Tuesday and Burnley on the 19th May. The Palace home game is 2pm on Sunday 15th May, so no 3pm kickoffs remaining which is shocking

Yeah the long gaps between games haven't helped.

We had two Sat 3pms in 7 days in August v Newcastle and Brentford and then next one was the infamous Wolves game in mid October. Then Brighton in Gerrard's first and next one was then Watford given Burnley in mid December was called off with an hour to go.

So overall it's been seven Sat 3pm kick offs this season which is about average these days for non european teams. Will be less when back in a europa competition. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah the long gaps between games haven't helped.

We had two Sat 3pms in 7 days in August v Newcastle and Brentford and then next one was the infamous Wolves game in mid October. Then Brighton in Gerrard's first and next one was then Watford given Burnley in mid December was called off with an hour to go.

So overall it's been seven Sat 3pm kick offs this season which is about average these days for non european teams. Will be less when back in a europa competition. 

Crystal Palace was a Saturday 3pm as well plus Liverpool at Anfield but I agree

We played West Ham on a Sunday but they didnt even have a European game that week

I would like to see how many Saturday 3pms Liverpool, United and City have had between them

Edited by Zatman

13 hours ago, blunther said:

Yep, no love for the owners from me. You don't get to be a billionaire without being a cold-hearted person who isn't afraid to hurt a few people on the way up. That's the world we live in. They are what they are but they aren't running this club for the pure love of the sport or the club, and they don't give a **** about the fans as people. We're just a revenue stream. That's just how the world is. There's no room for love or sentiment in football anymore. Which makes me wonder... Given its now a global entertainment business with billions riding on it, is it actually still football? Or just one step removed from WWE?

Its a view, I'll grant you that, albeit , I think its a bit of a sterotype view.....but if you spend your life trying to change the world, it becomes a very dismal place.....I think we all know what it is, but it still doesn't stop ordinary folk chasing wealth and doing good with it.

I choose to see them as ok people....I don't have to fall in love with them......but respect them I do.

The season Ticket hike is bound to affect people differently, and you can't legislate for each individual, as sad as it is in some cases.

We all want better football ( I think) that comes at a price, even though the gate money is dwarfed by TV Money.....but it has to go in to the pot as revenue incomings, nevertheless.

We all support the same thing, but our circumstances all differ, that is just a fact of life, and will never change.