Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

Q&A on twitter Villa support about to start in regards to season tickets.

I expected mine to go up, would be interesting to compare it to those around us in the table at the minute in terms of what we pay

Edited by avfc456

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think they're going to contact people like us, with some different pricing - that's what their internet page says, down the bottom. But anyway, the thing that made it affordable/VFM for me was the combined cost of ticket + transport, coupled with decent rail links and enough games at traditional 3 pm kick offs. All of that has gone away. Not all the club's doing or in their control - but as a package, it no longer works for me. So that's me done.

Where I sat for years, in the rear centre of the lower Holte was great, but because of TV games, I realised that the per game cost was way too high (no trains back for TV games) - so I moved to the wing of the lower Holte and that made the per game price plus transport cost affordable. Then covid and no/infrequent trains, massive queues at Witton/Aston stations after games, not the same view/regular people to talk to etc. and so on....just not worth it any more. I'm paid well enough that I could afford to pay the new prices, but it's the hassle as well as the cost weighed against the reward.

And that Sir is a tragedy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, blunther said:

£270 to £440 in L5...

Looks like the club will be testing if our commitment matches that of the owners and if we really need a 50K stadium. 😀

Have also read that there are now fewer pricing bands which will magnify some increases.

Mine has gone up 40% from last season at the back of the North Stand. It was a decent view and due to work I probably can’t make 5 games a season so I didn’t mind as it was cheap. 

52 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I’ve literally just put myself down for a couple of season tickets so where I am brand new to the waiting list I don’t expect to be offered a season ticket anytime soon. I know it’s going to be pricey but I would love a season ticket more than anything and would jump at one if it was offered to me. Does anyone know the official waiting list time or is it a mystery? 

There's no 'time' for the waiting list. It's a queue. If 100% of the current season ticket holders renewed, the queue remains untouched. As that's not going to happen due to various changes in people's circumstances and willingness or ability to pay, those first on the waiting list will be offered season tickets.

Changes in circumstance(s) and significant price increase included, I'm guessing the following numbers -

Current STs 30k

Renewing STs 22.5k (75%)

7.5k STs offered to waiting list

7.5k sold to the first 15k on the waiting list (50% take up rate).

5 to 10k remaining on waiting list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

The season ticket renewal page repeats that thee is a 24,000 season ticket waiting list currently.   Impressive if true.

Assuming that 8,000 or so of those pretty much soak up the match by match tickets we're going to easily fill 50,000.  60,000 may not be a pipedream after all.

Mind you, lets see how many renewals we get with the price increases, there may be a chunk of that 24,000 get their chance this year.

I was 11,000th before last summer and am roughly 9,000th on the waiting list now.

I buy tickets on a match by match basis where watching 10 matches costs as much as a season ticket.

My guess is I’ll move to around 5,000th after this summer window.  

And finally get my season tickets once the increased capacity opens.

I think my ticket was 535 last season. Restricted view. Its not 676. Absolute disgrace. Beyond an increase. An absolute piss take and for what. To watch Purslow and his team piss another 100m down the drain.

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I was 11,000th before last summer and am roughly 9,000th on the waiting list now.

I buy tickets on a match by match basis where watching 10 matches costs as much as a season ticket.

My guess is I’ll move to around 5,000th after this summer window.  

And finally get my season tickets once the increased capacity opens.

I think you may get the chance to buy this summer.

1 hour ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I’ve literally just put myself down for a couple of season tickets so where I am brand new to the waiting list I don’t expect to be offered a season ticket anytime soon. I know it’s going to be pricey but I would love a season ticket more than anything and would jump at one if it was offered to me. Does anyone know the official waiting list time or is it a mystery? 

What we do know is that last summer, 2,000 people didn’t renew and so 2,000 new people took up the offer of a season ticket.  

At that rate, it’ll take you 12 years to get a season ticket 😬

But not everyone on the waiting list will definitely take the season ticket when it’s their turn.  So maybe 6 years if there was no increase in capacity coming with the new North stand.

But with the 8k capacity increase, I would say in 2-3 years time!

• Like 1

24k waiting to pay £700 for a restricted view seat to watch Gerrard side? No.

The last few games have been "sold out" and there's been empty seats everywhere. Spurs game sold out. Empty seats all over the gaff.
Couldn't make Norwich, again "sold out" empty seats all over the place.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Oh and you can't even get a **** pie or take a piss at half time unless you want to miss 16 minutes.

Joke. Absolute joke

That’s the most annoying thing - all I want to do is give my money to the club for some beers and a pie. And they won’t let me!  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

24k waiting to pay £700 for a restricted view seat to watch Gerrard side? No.

The last few games have been "sold out" and there's been empty seats everywhere. Spurs game sold out. Empty seats all over the gaff.
Couldn't make Norwich, again "sold out" empty seats all over the place.

But those seats are still sold even if the purchaser doesn’t turn up. I don’t know why people don’t turn up when they have already paid, if it’s a season ticket and they can’t make it, you’d think they would give the seat to a mate.

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

But those seats are still sold even if the purchaser doesn’t turn up. I don’t know why people don’t turn up when they have already paid, if it’s a season ticket and they can’t make it, you’d think they would give the seat to a mate.

Because you can get banned. Again. Joke.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

That’s the most annoying thing - all I want to do is give my money to the club for some beers and a pie. And they won’t let me!  

I got some free chips and curry sauce, so there's that small consolation for you. The cash thingy on my season card didn't get debited one time. They were delicious.