Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

7 hours ago, TRO said:

to do that we need better players, which may require more money......thats the vicious circle we are in.

The way we spend, £10m gets us a Trezeguet or half a Wesley.

Transfer pot money isn't coming from this increase.

It'll put even more pressure on the team this.

• Like 2

I also think this may have a knock on effect of ticket availability for members, too. I think you’ll probably see a spike in memberships now as I reckon a lot of ST holders may go down to having a memberships which is going to make getting tickets even harder now even when you’ve forked out for a membership. I’ve never known this club to be so inaccessible! I’ve been going to to Villa Park for bloody years now and even when we were 5th/6th in the league I could easily get home AND away tickets whenever I wanted. I went to so many championship games as well - was there for the semi final against West Brom and even managed to get a ticket for the 2018 play off final. What the **** has happened to make us suddenly Manchester United when it comes to prospects of getting tickets? I only managed to get two for Norwich last weekend cos I luckily refreshed the page the exact moment someone gave their seats up. It’s madness. 

3 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I also think this may have a knock on effect of ticket availability for members, too. I think you’ll probably see a spike in memberships now as I reckon a lot of ST holders may go down to having a memberships which is going to make getting tickets even harder now even when you’ve forked out for a membership. I’ve never known this club to be so inaccessible! I’ve been going to to Villa Park for bloody years now and even when we were 5th/6th in the league I could easily get home AND away tickets whenever I wanted. I went to so many championship games as well - was there for the semi final against West Brom and even managed to get a ticket for the 2018 play off final. What the **** has happened to make us suddenly Manchester United when it comes to prospects of getting tickets? I only managed to get two for Norwich last weekend cos I luckily refreshed the page the exact moment someone gave their seats up. It’s madness. 

I'm a bit out of the loop with 'membership' and the like but just looked it up - so I need to pay £40 a year for the chance of paying £40-50 for a match ticket if I don't renew?? WTF, we really are just gouging people aren't we.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blunther said:

I'm a bit out of the loop with 'membership' and the like but just looked it up - so I need to pay £40 a year for the chance of paying £40-50 for a match ticket if I don't renew?? WTF, we really are just gouging people aren't we.

Yeah if I don’t renew I won’t be paying that either. I either renew or nothing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I sometime forget how much the premier league is such a strong brand. It doesn't matter if we play dull mid table football, its the super soaring premier league guys.

It must be for us to suddenly get about 10,000 more supporters since getting promoted.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blunther said:

If you still want to go regularly, I’d rethink giving up your season ticket. Trying to get tickets for individual matches is a pain (you have to set an alarm on your phone to remember to get online at a certain time) and the seats aren’t great. And yes, you have to pay for the privilege of even being in with a chance of getting one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If you still want to go regularly, I’d rethink giving up your season ticket. Trying to get tickets for individual matches is a pain (you have to set an alarm on your phone to remember to get online at a certain time) and the seats aren’t great. And yes, you have to pay for the privilege of even being in with a chance of getting one. 

I remember 10 years ago when I bought a season ticket for £295 in Lambert's first season. I rang the club and got on without a queue and they just said 'where do you want to sit'?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I remember 10 years ago when I bought a season ticket for £295 in Lambert's first season. I rang the club and got on without a queue and they just said 'where do you want to sit'?

My first season ticket was £30. (Admittedly only a half season). I’m not even that old. Holte End Terrace 93-94. Was at my first cup final within 3 months.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do you realise how little our season tickets actually add to the pot? The Premier league went 18 months without any crowd at all with barely an issue.

Given how much campaigning was done on the £30 away tickets, the massive hikes in home tickets for most clubs has seemed to have passed off without as much as a murmur. 

We are approaching the biggest squeeze in living standards for generations. Some  folk may have to choose between food or fuel this winter. I just don't think this price review is great timing.

It's not about this increase paying for players.

It's the old adage, take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

This will be added to the pot along with better sponsorship deals, better commercial deals, better all ways of raising money.  We're competing at the very sharp end in a vicious business and literally every penny counts, especially when competing against teams in London and Sky 6 who have advantages over us in so many areas.

Look at the table, currently 6 London teams in it, will be 7 next season.  Fulham have a new stand and their revenue will be massively enhanced by the London effect, they will probably stay up and compete.  Brentford have stayed up and have their new stadium earning pots of cash.

It's why we have to get a new North Stand, but the tickets we well sell in it will probably still cost less than what Fulham are charging in their new Riverside Stand.

We don't have to do it just because others are?  Well no we don't but if we want to stay behind the likes of Fulham and Brentford in the pecking order don't then complain about it.  

These teams are all pocketing the enormous TV money AND stadium money and it really does make a difference.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, blunther said:

Yeah it’s very cheeky and I disagree that they charge people £40 to get a good chance at getting a ticket but it’s the only way at the moment. I haven’t got a membership at the moment and was only able to go to two games this season due to demand! :( 

42 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I sometime forget how much the premier league is such a strong brand. It doesn't matter if we play dull mid table football, its the super soaring premier league guys.

It must be for us to suddenly get about 10,000 more supporters since getting promoted.

Yup! It’s very annoying as where were they when we were playing Burton! 

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's the old adage, take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

This will be added to the pot along with better sponsorship deals, better commercial deals, better all ways of raising money.  We're competing at the very sharp end in a vicious business and literally every penny counts,

Maybe we should be smarter in the biggest outlay we have ....the transfer market then. You can count on one hand the amount of players bought in this regime worth more than what we paid.

I think they couldnt have picked a worse timing for this. We are having a shit season on the outskirts of a relegation battle 

Maybe they could have done it last season or the promotion season when was still a feelgood factor around the club

As a quick price comparison: 

West Ham's prices for nest season range from £1,025 - £299, over 65s & U-21s £500 - £150 and U-18's from £250 - £99 (excluding their £1,500 & £1,260 tickets that offer no discounts) - of course they did get their stadium for nothing!

Everton ranges from £535 - £625, Seniors £330 flat fee, +90s £0, 22 - 24 £410, 18 - 21 £330, 11 -17 £180, 10 & less £125 - no note on a relegation discount. 

Southampton priced from £399 - £759 (excluding K+ £999 flat fee), +65s £350 - £680, 18 -25 £350 - £759,  U18s £297 - £759 & U11s £150 - £759. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think they couldnt have picked a worse timing for this. We are having a shit season on the outskirts of a relegation battle 

Maybe they could have done it last season or the promotion season when was still a feelgood factor around the club

Yep with the apathy around Villa at the moment, the massive increase in things like utility bills, post pandemic, transportation and in ground service, it’s all very tone deaf by the club to then hit so hard concession seats and family tickets.  

God knows who thought it was a good idea, just hit loyal fans harder and increase the disconnect with the club.

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This will be added to the pot along with better sponsorship deals, better commercial deals, better all ways of raising money.  We're competing at the very sharp end in a vicious business and literally every penny counts, especially when competing against teams in London and Sky 6 who have advantages over us in so many areas.

Look at the table, currently 6 London teams in it, will be 7 next season.  Fulham have a new stand do their revenue will be massively enhanced by the London effect, they will probably stay up and compete.  Brentford have stayed up and have their new stadium earning pots of cash.

It's why we have to get a new North Stand, but the tickets we well sell in it will probably still cost less than what Fulham are charging in their new Riverside Stand.

We don't have to do it just because others are?  Well no we don't but if we want to stay behind the likes of Fulham and Brentford in the pecking order don't then complain about it.  

These teams are all pocketing the enormous TV money AND stadium money and it really does make a difference.

That stand is already sold out. Other prices Adults £460 - £1,005, 65+ & 18 - 21s £395 - £870 & U17s £150 - £500. 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

God knows who thought it was a good idea, just hit loyal fans harder and increase the disconnect with the club.

Tbh, I'm surprised they flog as many season tickets as they do, and I suspect if, as OBE suggests, they lower the ST cap in preparation for the North Stand rebuild, I think they'll be keeping an eye on waiting lists and memberships with a view to keeping it lowered.

Season Ticket holders are better than empty seats, but from the club's perspective of milking the fanbase for every penny they can, ST holders spend a lot less per head than day trippers who go once or twice a season, browse the club shop before the game, buy a programme, and don't know how shit the overpriced food is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do you realise how little our season tickets actually add to the pot? The Premier league went 18 months without any crowd at all with barely an issue.

£23 million is our projected match-day revenue for the coming season.  It’s massive, over 10% of our total annual revenue.  

And Spurs make almost £100m from their match-day revenue so it could become almost 50% of our total revenue if we were matching Spurs.

My season ticket the last year i had it was £350. It was a bloody long time ago (2008-9) after having it for 10 years.

L5 Row U seat 126 if anyone has it now 

Edited by VillaJ100

I think they should include cup games like Barca used do with their season tickets. And also the group stages of the Champions League. It has been a while since I’ve checked this though.