Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

Season ticket renewal prices will be announced in the next couple of weeks and there have been rumours on Twitter of price rises.

There is a fans meeting this week with Christian Purslow at which ticket prices will be discussed - what's the general feeling on pricing?

• Thanks 1

I don't mind paying a little more but I want them to allow people who are using others season tickets to change them over.

Kids going off to uni as an example 3 years out should not lose their seat so someone else within the family/friends should be able to take it on.

What about when people die should thier family/mates lose that ticket as another instance.

Clarification please sir 🙏 

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Season ticket renewal prices will be announced in the next couple of weeks and there have been rumours on Twitter of price rises.

There is a fans meeting this week with Christian Purslow at which ticket prices will be discussed - what's the general feeling on pricing?

When I first started attending, it was 50p to stand on the Holte End. I couldn’t print my thoughts on what it costs to watch the working man’s game these days.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I don't mind paying a little more but I want them to allow people who are using others season tickets to change them over.

Kids going off to uni as an example 3 years out should not lose their seat so someone else within the family/friends should be able to take it on.

What about when people die should thier family/mates lose that ticket as another instance.

Clarification please sir 🙏 

This is an interesting point. Unfortunately, a very long time season ticket holder friend of mine died during lockdown and the club refused to allow a transfer. The argument being that it would make them almost legacy seats and not open to new supporters while mates of mates jumped the queue.

However, my view is that after a given time this should be permittable - maybe ten years gives you the right to 'pass it on'. There is something nice about the idea of sitting in a family members seat and keeping the tradition going. Every time it's 'transferred' the clock resets. This avoids mates rotating sests every few years but also means that the child of a season ticket holder can keep their memory going in some small way by 'inheriting' the right to the seat. They need to stay in it for ten years to pass it on to their children.

As for prices, I believe they're a relatively tiny percentage of club income so they should be aware of the cost of living increases and make sure payment plans remain in place and are spread over as many months as possible.

• Like 2

I always go to single games and never even looked at buying a ST. 

Obviously there is a long waiting list, and since I have a 3 year old it would be nice to have 2 season tickets in 2/3 years time. 

What's the best way to go about it going forward? 

I dont think the waiting list is a real barometer for demand tbh, anecdotal obviously but I know a fair few who joined the list 2 years ago and have no real intention of getting a season ticket these days. Promotion hype for a lot of people on the bandwagon.

That's not to say it will be easy to get an ST necessarily, just that id take talk of 20k on a waiting list with a pinch of salt 

Edited by slowandlow
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think they're decent value, particularly when compared to the increasing cost of other things.

26 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I always go to single games and never even looked at buying a ST. 

Obviously there is a long waiting list, and since I have a 3 year old it would be nice to have 2 season tickets in 2/3 years time. 

What's the best way to go about it going forward? 

I bought my lad a season ticket when he was born he is 6 now and has only started coming this season.

2 adults and 2 kids in the family area is great value as you only pay for the 2 adult season tickets. Me and my mates have this x 3 as all have kids and they have mates.

Find a mate with a kid that wants to go and get on the waiting list.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Worth remembering that at the moment the 30% increase rumour has come from a single twitter account and might be a bit of a red herring.

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

They would be mad to increase it that much. 10% would be acceptable.

Maybe they leaked the 30% rumours so that everyone is delighted when they announce 10% increase.

• Like 1

Goes without saying that the cost of living with everything shooting up, it's the wrong time for such a steep increase. Families are already going to struggle and let's be honest the revenue this would create is a drop on the ocean to them. 

The reality is that season ticket receipts are dwarfed by TV and other commercial income.  They really don't need to take any more of our money.  Many of us turned up for years when things were appalling on and off the pitch and it would be nice to be rewarded for that by sensible pricing. 

• Like 1

0 for me, the club made a big thing about missing the fans and all that nonsense during lockdown, so lumping a sizeable hike on fans season tickets after only 1 season back, especially when many on this forum are no doubt feeling the current pinch of costs rising, I think quite frankly stinks. 

• Like 1