Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Only other thing on this is that the club are deliberately reducing the cap on season tickets in preparation for the rebuild - if we went into a season without a North Stand with 30,000 season ticket holders, we'd be selling about 1,000 seats per game - at the moment I think there are about 29,000 season ticket holders and I think they'll look to drop another chunk from those that don't renew before they sell to the list.

That’s a really good point and makes a lot of sense.  So they might just go with 27-28k season tickets this coming season

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

One Villa fan saying "If you want European football you have to pay for it" when commentating about the season ticket price hikes on BBC Radio WM. Out of interest how much is generated every season from ticket sales?

How about not having about 60m worth of players out on loan and constantly signing players that are never worth more than what we paid.

• Haha 1

Guest av1

Mines gone up from £480 to £531. 

The big jump is my son. It was £96 (he is 17 atm) Under 18 is now £145, under 21 £275. 

Not sure how it works. If they charge you based on your age at the time of purchase he is still 17, but I’ve got a feeling the age thing is based on how old you are at the start of the season. 

Chris turns 18 on the 5th of August, the season starts on the 6th of August, so one pissing day out 🤣

If that is the case, I’m going from £96 to £275. 

That said, look I’m not a wealthy man so any increase is going to hit me, but comparatively we are still amongst the cheapest in the PL so I can’t complain to much. 

I just hope (I’ve not read the OS yet) that the 0% finance will happen again, I simply haven’t got the best part of £800 without clattering my credit card. 

I have a couple of friends on the waiting list who have absolutely no intention of getting a season ticket.

They jumped on the waiting list post-covid when we were starved of football. We've had Claret Memberships the last couple of seasons and probs been to 10 games a year. The shit football, with shit transport, shit service at the stadium and stupid game times / dates, they now laugh at how ridiculous getting a season ticket would be.

I feel there will be many more like this. Dangerous game for the club to make major decisions based on a semi-fictional waiting list.

• Like 3

£160 price increase for me. And this season was about a £40 increase so over £200 in about 3 years.  Not sure this is a fantastically great idea by Villa given how many people's living standards are being massively squeezed. I guess this will see if this waiting list is actually true or not.

I also presume match day prices are going to be massively increased. If we have another mediocre home season then I can see some games in which we will struggle to sell out just when the club is planning to expand. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

I just hope (I’ve not read the OS yet) that the 0% finance will happen again, I simply haven’t got the best part of £800 without clattering my credit card. 

Yep - 8 monthly payments.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

£160 price increase for me. And this season was about a £40 increase so over £200 in about 3 years.  Not sure this is a fantastically great idea by Villa given how many people's living standards are being massively squeezed. I guess this will see if this waiting list is actually true or not.

I also presume match day prices are going to be massively increased. If we have another mediocre home season then I can see some games in which we will struggle to sell out just when the club is planning to expand. 

Same here. Mines gone up about £150. The football is not good. I've struggled attending this year just through motivation alone.
I think the club will be massively surprised when there is empty seats all over the place as there has been historically at Villa Park when apathy sets in.

All the talk on this forum about build it and they will come. Expand to 60k. Why waste time.

We wouldn't sell out. And I think next year if we aren't absolutely flying you can take 5k off the attendance by Christmas 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, blunther said:

Gonna be a lot more vocal disappointment when we pay for European football and finish 13th next season then. 

When we reach the holy grail of European football, it will become even more expensive.....but realistically, we have to each individually ask ourselves, what we want?

Ticket prices could not continue as low as they was, with ambitions high.....I think we concede that.

back to balance again.

Guest av1
8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - 8 monthly payments.

Thanks mate, that’s definitely a help. 

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not sure how it works. If they charge you based on your age at the time of purchase he is still 17, but I’ve got a feeling the age thing is based on how old you are at the start of the season. 

Just in this bit regarding my son, I’ve just checked the OS and this question isn’t answered, I guess I’ll have to give the ticket office a call. 

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

Mines gone up from £480 to £531. 

The big jump is my son. It was £96 (he is 17 atm) Under 18 is now £145, under 21 £275. 

Chris turns 18 on the 5th of August, the season starts on the 6th of August, so one pissing day out 🤣

If that is the case, I’m going from £96 to £275. 

That said, look I’m not a wealthy man so any increase is going to hit me, but comparatively we are still amongst the cheapest in the PL so I can’t complain to much. 

Re Age - Based on school years they have advised  which is the 1st September start.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ticket prices could not continue as low as they was, with ambitions high.....I think we concede that.

Ticket prices aren't that much of a chunk of a successful clubs income - and whilst we need to maximise any and every revenue stream, you do have to wonder how much value there is in large increases in ticket prices compared to, for example, finding a sponsor for the training ground.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Thanks mate, that’s definitely a help. 

Just in this bit regarding my son, I’ve just checked the OS and this question isn’t answered, I guess I’ll have to give the ticket office a call. 

See above answer from me. 1st September

Guest av1
49 minutes ago, blunther said:

Gonna be a lot more vocal disappointment when we pay for European football and finish 13th next season then. 

Eh? I can’t be bothered to look into the pricing policies of other clubs, but I’d hazard a guess that our prices are nowhere near the price of most clubs towards the top of the league 

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Same here. Mines gone up about £150. The football is not good. I've struggled attending this year just through motivation alone.
I think the club will be massively surprised when there is empty seats all over the place as there has been historically at Villa Park when apathy sets in.

All the talk on this forum about build it and they will come. Expand to 60k. Why waste time.

We wouldn't sell out. And I think next year if we aren't absolutely flying you can take 5k off the attendance by Christmas 

There is I understand 20 odd thousand on the waiting list...and despite the football spectacle being debatable, we have still have sell out gates.

I don't see it getting worse next season, in terms of the spectacle or the attendance.

and the expansion is to 50+ thousand, initially.

so I don't see how all your comments equate.

• Like 1