Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

and don't know how shit the overpriced food is.

Wouldn’t mind but if they sped up half time service they could’ve made the same amount of money extra comparable to the increase in season ticket price increases.  Amount people I know that don’t bother getting half time food because of the queues.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wouldn’t mind but if they sped up half time service they could’ve made the same amount of money extra comparable to the increase in season ticket price increases.  Amount people I know that don’t bother getting half time food because of the queues.

I always get food before the game for this reason. Not worth the stress of missing either of the halves! 

1 minute ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I always get food before the game for this reason. Not worth the stress of missing either of the halves! 

Yeah I do but judging the queues at half time I’m guessing most don’t or that 45 minutes between meals is long enough for them 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I do but judging the queues at half time I’m guessing most don’t or that 45 minutes between meals is long enough for them 😂

Ha ha I always admire the bravery of people that venture out dead on half time. It’s like a will they won’t they of making it back in time for the second half 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Ha ha I always admire the bravery of people that venture out dead on half time. It’s like a will they won’t they of making it back in time for the second half 😂

It's not like. It's a you definitely won't. Especially in Doug Ellis. You can venture out 5 minutes before HT and not have the remotest chance to get back in time.

• Haha 1

I love the owners for what they're doing/have done so far but they're wrong on this one. This is the first time in my lifetime we've had a waiting list and I hope they've looked at how fickle our fan base has been over the years. It was only 3 years ago the top tier of the Trinity had to be closed because there wasn't enough interest in going to VP. 

The football at the moment is crap, the food is crap, the service is probably the worst I've experienced ever. If they want to put the prices up then fix those 3 problems as a starter. I'll give the club another year probably before I really question whether I'll want to renew.

Like others have said, a lot of the 'games gone' issues have killed football a little bit for me anyway, not knowing whether or not to celebrate a goal etc. It's all a bit shit now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blunther said:

Yeah with a 12 month then it just becomes a 'permanent' cost, you kind of stop noticing the money is gone in the end if it's every month. Over 8 months there's a big chunk of change missing that you had in your bank the month before. A 12 month recurring ST basically becomes a subscription service. No idea why they haven't done that, saw on the Twitter Q&A that they have no interest in even looking at it. 

Yep, Newcastle do that. Continuous direct debit every month forever.  New prices start in May every year, so by the time the season starts you’re already at least 2 months ahead.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think they should include cup games like Barca used do with their season tickets. And also the group stages of the Champions League. It has been a while since I’ve checked this though. 

You do get the first home cup game included in our ST

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's not about this increase paying for players.

It's the old adage, take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.

This will be added to the pot along with better sponsorship deals, better commercial deals, better all ways of raising money.  We're competing at the very sharp end in a vicious business and literally every penny counts, especially when competing against teams in London and Sky 6 who have advantages over us in so many areas.

Look at the table, currently 6 London teams in it, will be 7 next season.  Fulham have a new stand and their revenue will be massively enhanced by the London effect, they will probably stay up and compete.  Brentford have stayed up and have their new stadium earning pots of cash.

It's why we have to get a new North Stand, but the tickets we well sell in it will probably still cost less than what Fulham are charging in their new Riverside Stand.

We don't have to do it just because others are?  Well no we don't but if we want to stay behind the likes of Fulham and Brentford in the pecking order don't then complain about it.  

These teams are all pocketing the enormous TV money AND stadium money and it really does make a difference.

Yep agreed. You only have to look at those couple of years we had Acorns and no sponsor. It was great, loved the club for it, but we started to fall so behind the other clubs because of it (and yes there were obviously other reasons as well). 

I understand that it’s not great with the way the country is going at the moment and that prices are increasing for cost of living. But as a club, I don’t see how we could compete by not upping prices. 

I read before, someone saying that we shouldn’t do it because the German clubs don’t. Unfortunately they all have a completely different model and the whole league buys into with the pricing. English football isn’t there and therefore we can’t act like German clubs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yep, Newcastle do that. Continuous direct debit every month forever.  New prices start in May every year, so by the time the season starts you’re already at least 2 months ahead.

Be interested what Newcastle do with their ticket prices this year.

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Be interested what Newcastle do with their ticket prices this year.

Their owners could afford to give them away, they won't though, I suspect they will cost them at least an arm and a leg!;)

Edited by John
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

But as a club, I don’t see how we could compete by not upping prices. 

This increase for the club will make very little difference to revenues as a percentage, I don’t think this is a valid enough reason.

The main reason they have put the prices up is due to the fact we have a waiting list of supposedly 24k on, as if we don’t renew someone else will happily pay the new price 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This increase for the club will make very little difference to revenues as a percentage, I don’t think this is a valid enough reason.

Unless it's part of the FFP picture? Perhaps it's difficult to justify the owners intended top 8 expenditure when your gate receipts are 14th in the league.

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

£23 million is our projected match-day revenue for the coming season.  It’s massive, over 10% of our total annual revenue.  

And Spurs make almost £100m from their match-day revenue so it could become almost 50% of our total revenue if we were matching Spurs.

The majority of that would be through the swanky corporate areas, not the normal seats. Which is why the new north stand will be corporate heavy.