Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I completely agree, there has to be an increase and I have no issue with that but you don’t hit the weakest the most.  They should’ve been fairer across the board like a 15% across the board but no they hit the financial weakest in concessions tickets, our future supporters and our pensioners, loyal supporters for over 70 years who are less financially able to cope with massive increases get smashed.

Completely agree mate. You look after the pensioners as a thank you for years of support, and you build the next generation of full price season ticket holders by looking after the kids today.

This is a bitter pill for a lot to swallow I imagine, this isn’t going to help with the certain amount of disconnection that we have had over the last 12 months which is really sad.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

18% for mine, as they have moved L5 into price zone 2 from price zone 3 this year, £204 extra for the 2 tickets.

Yep...

And what will that £204 pay for? About 21 seconds playing time for a second string player on 50k a week.

There's too much money involved for these sums to make a difference and it's leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. Gonna have to really think about it this year.

6 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Not quite sure mate only payable over 8 months so about £180 a month , it's a big chunk

It is a big chunk.

Shame they can’t do it over a longer period, even if they started the payments 2 months earlier to do it over 10 months?

I genuinely feel sorry for you mate!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, blunther said:

There's too much money involved for these sums to make a difference and it's leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. Gonna have to really think about it this year.

Which, sadly, is exactly what they want and what they know will happen as there are plenty of people ready and waiting to pay the extra.

Just now, BOF said:

Which, sadly, is exactly what they want and what they know will happen as there are plenty of people ready and waiting to pay the extra.

Dunno, I imagine plenty of that 24,000 will baulk if/when they finally get the chance, especially since the economy has gone so wrong since that waiting list formed. It's a big chunk of money anytime, but espeically in current circumstances.

Everyone seems to have forgotten the crowds of 27-30k we got fairly regularly under Lambert - we could easily return to that after another season or two of finishing bottom half and not winning anything.

Family ticket going from about £700 to £1200... how many future long term fans do we lose to watching Liverpool on the TV for the sake of £500 a year?

What's our turnover, about £200m? Seems such a trivial sum we'd get from these increases.

I'm at about 25 season tickets so far, same seat for the last 15 or so. Gonna have to sleep on this a bit. Wouldn't mind if the matchday offering was better, but it's just traffic or queues to get in or out, **** all to do in the stadium (not even space to comfortably stand and have a pint and a chat in the lower holte), crap facilities, overpriced crap food/drink. Where's the draw? Just habit?

Edited by blunther
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, blunther said:

Dunno, I imagine plenty of that 24,000 will baulk if/when they finally get the chance, especially since the economy has gone so wrong since that waiting list formed. It's a big chunk of money anytime, but espeically in current circumstances.

Everyone seems to have forgotten the crowds of 27-30k we got fairly regularly under Lambert - we could easily return to that after another season or two of finishing bottom half and not winning anything.

I wonder if the figure for the number of season tickets not renewed would ever become available, and the new waiting list size, so we could know how many had the opportunity and didn't take it. I doubt we'd find that out.

• Like 2

I’ve literally just put myself down for a couple of season tickets so where I am brand new to the waiting list I don’t expect to be offered a season ticket anytime soon. I know it’s going to be pricey but I would love a season ticket more than anything and would jump at one if it was offered to me. Does anyone know the official waiting list time or is it a mystery? 

I have been hit with the family increase too but check your emails they are contacting us directly and said won't necessarily be the price advertised.

18 minutes ago, blunther said:

Initial reaction from my family is not to renew, we can watch every Villa game on tv through various means these days so taking the pee on the concession increases may end our season tickets.  Anger may calm down over the coming weeks and we do renew but I’m not convinced minds will change.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

I have been hit with the family increase too but check your emails they are contacting us directly and said won't necessarily be the price advertised.

I’ve checked ours and moms is the 32% increase

I'd pay an increased price if they increased what they offered. I'm not talking about football, that's the nature of the game. But give me somewhere to watch the early/late kick off, that serves decent beer and food for a decent price. Reconfigure the ground so I can go for a piss at half time without scrumming for ten minutes in a cloud of pissy air. Charge premium prices then I want a product that's better than the one that used to cost far less for exactly the same offering. 

• Like 2

Wow!

Senior ticket in K6 has gone from £270 to £405. Depending on how you present the numbers, that’s a 50% increase.

was very cheap before, not quite so cheap now. I guess some of the pricing was out of line before. Still not bad value for 19 games ( maybe 20 if they throw in a cup match)

Looks like they may also have raised the age for Senior tickets to 66!

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

43% for mine too. They can do one. That's me out.

You're in the same boat as me. It's a massive jump I have to say. I probably will keep it but damn I enjoyed that cheaper seat! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Wow!

Senior ticket in K6 has gone from £270 to £405. Depending on how you present the numbers, that’s a 50% increase.

was very cheap before, not quite so cheap now. I guess some of the pricing was out of line before. Still not bad value for 19 games ( maybe 20 if they throw in a cup match)

Looks like they may also have raised the age for Senior tickets to 66!

£270 to £440 in L5...