Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

These changes will make us around £3m.

I (clearly badly) calculated under £7m.

£3m is even worse, and something I think the club should go back on. 

Real finger to the fans.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The majority of that would be through the swanky corporate areas, not the normal seats. Which is why the new north stand will be corporate heavy.

Ohhh I didn’t even include any corporate revenue in that £23m.    
Add an extra £2 million for corporate income taking us to £25m match-day income.

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

Wouldn’t mind but if they sped up half time service they could’ve made the same amount of money extra comparable to the increase in season ticket price increases.  Amount people I know that don’t bother getting half time food because of the queues.

This is my biggest issue and one that is so easy to solve. Pour 100 beers just before half-time, line them up on the counter.

Then customers just tap with your credit card and take a beer. Maximum 30 seconds per customer. 

Even just have someone walking the queue taking card payments before they get to counter.  

So many options to speed it up.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

This is my biggest issue and one that is so easy to solve. Pour 100 beers just before half-time, line them up on the counter.

Then customers just tap with your credit card and take a beer. Maximum 30 seconds per customer. 

Even just have someone walking the queue taking card payments before they get to counter.  

So many options to speed it up.

We mostly fixed it before with lads with big backpacks of beer dotted about serving people all over the place. Then they disappeared. 

• Like 2

43% increase for me in L8. Add that to the 33% increase in train fares now my 26-30 railcard has finally run out (when you turn 32) and/or the petrol prices. Going to the game just became a much more expensive habit.

I understand the need for an increase but to go from £370 to £531 in one go with the current economic backdrop isn’t something I’m happy about. And I still have to miss the end of the first half if I want a drink at half time. And the queues for the trains are still massive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, chappy said:

43% increase for me in L8. Add that to the 33% increase in train fares now my 26-30 railcard has finally run out (when you turn 32) and/or the petrol prices. Going to the game just became a much more expensive habit.

I understand the need for an increase but to go from £370 to £531 in one go with the current economic backdrop isn’t something I’m happy about. And I still have to miss the end of the first half if I want a drink at half time. And the queues for the trains are still massive.

I feel your pain. But the club response is basically we are  now charging what other similar teams are charging. And if you don't like it we are confident somebody else will buy your ticket.

Not exactly cuddly but that is modern football for you.

Some of the reasoning will be that fans who spend more on tickets will most likely be able to spend more in the ground before and after the game too. 

So the fans who can’t afford the price hikes probably wouldn’t have been spending that much before and after the game hence their loss is not a loss for Villa as someone else in the waiting list will probably buy a season ticket.

Edited by Sulberto21

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Some of the reasoning will be that fans who spend more on tickets will most likely be able to spend more in the ground before and after the game too. 

So the fans who can’t afford the price hikes probably wouldn’t have been spending that much before and after the game hence their loss is not a loss for Villa as someone else in the waiting list will probably buy a season ticket.

I agree that this is probably something that came under consideration, but to lose even one season ticket holder is a very big price to pay imo. Fans that have been coming to our games through thick and thin over the years will be hard hit by some of these changes, at a time when the rate of inflation is rocketing. We also run the risk of youngsters who will be the future of our club, having to find other things to do on a Saturday afternoon, because they/their parents are being priced out of going to matches.

I really had hoped that the club would have been able to keep increases down to say 10 - 15% max this year and make the "levelling up" a more gradual thing. These increases and changes will hit supporters who range from those that have been following the club for upwards of 50 years to those who have recently begun to attend matches, as I did myself 50 odd years ago (when I remember 2/- was not always that easy to find). Let's build the ground bigger as is planned, by doing so the club will make more at the turnstile and those that may be in a position to stay around the ground, will spend money both before and after the game at the newly available facilities that we will have. As a club we shouldn't forget those fans that stuck/stick around when the likes of Oldham, Crewe, Wigan and Hull were the visitors rather than Arsenal, Spurs, Citeh, Newton Heath or Liverplop. Those fans will still go to the games whoever the Villa play, because that is who they go to see, that does not always apply to everyone who rocks up on a Saturday afternoon, as the empty corporate seats in the Championship demonstrated so well not so long ago.   

• Like 4

@John I agree 100%. In fact I think there should be a ‘legacy’ discount for fans who have had a season ticket for a minimum period of time. 

You’re correct in that the increase should not have been more than a set percentage. As has been mentioned the increase in terms of real revenue isn’t that high. 

It’s the happy clappers and day trippers that spend the most during game day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

@John I agree 100%. In fact I think there should be a ‘legacy’ discount for fans who have had a season ticket for a minimum period of time. 

You’re correct in that the increase should not have been more than a set percentage. As has been mentioned the increase in terms of real revenue isn’t that high. 

'Where you when we won lots of games at home'?

23 hours ago, rbcuk said:

The main reason they have put the prices up is due to the fact we have a waiting list of supposedly 24k on, as if we don’t renew someone else will happily pay the new price 

Its the commercial world we live in....Things that we see on the surface, are not as clear cut in their world.

Market forces dictate much of what we are on the end of.....E.g there are Food shortages, but there is enough food to feed the world.

Its complicated, but it seems to work in a fashion...albeit not perfect.

I don't think the club would have put up the prices, if they didn't have to....I don't think they are that sort of owners.

However, It will be sad that there will be folk who cannot renew after seasons of support...and we must also consider, not all the 20 odd thousand on the waiting list, will be able to afford the new prices.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I'm really unsure about what to do with it, it's a 29% increase for me and my son. If it were me and mates I'd probably not renew.

Its a dilemma for some as you have described.....We have to make commercial decisions ourselves, even if we can afford it, its whether you see the value, compared to other forms of entertainment we are involved in.

I feel very sorry for those that travel far, because they are being hit from all angles....its ok for me who is local.

I would think all the Premier League clubs are in much the same boat, as our prices have been modest in the past, this hike just seems a bit harsh, by its timing.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its a dilemma for some as you have described.....We have to make commercial decisions ourselves, even if we can afford it, its whether you see the value, compared to other forms of entertainment we are involved in.

I feel very sorry for those that travel far, because they are being hit from all angles....its ok for me who is local.

I would think all the Premier League clubs are in much the same boat, as our prices have been modest in the past, this hike just seems a bit harsh, by its timing.

Exactly this. Theres a real feeling, to me atleast, that they've got you. If you dont renew then you likely wont have access to many games, due to the demand, and wont again for years and years. I suppose its a new thing for villa fans, we've had so much freedom/flexibility from a ticketing perspective in the past. 

12 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Exactly this. Theres a real feeling, to me atleast, that they've got you. If you dont renew then you likely wont have access to many games, due to the demand, and wont again for years and years. I suppose its a new thing for villa fans, we've had so much freedom/flexibility from a ticketing perspective in the past. 

Its all to do with rates of success.....The commercial world is driven by "supply and demand"

When we was languishing down the tables, many things were easier, seat availability, trains, parking, half time refreshments etc, etc

I would suspect all the top teams fans have the same dilemma to face.

I don't think the club are being spiteful, just aware of themselves and the commercial position they have landed themselves in...lets be fair here, the owners have come to the party in terms of transfers, its just raised questions, if its been spent well by the staff.

I would suspect, HDE would have capitalised on 20,000 on a waiting list.....I don't know many businesses who wouldn't.

I think cases can be argued on both sides.....but we have to make our minds up, if we want to keep going......I have renewed my 2, me and the mrs.

The only picture, I can foresee is it will only get better, in terms of the standard of football...I think its a shame, that someone gives up, after going through the hard times,with us, in the past and a newby now getting that seat.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Many fans fall in to different categories, but they are all important.

The attraction of the Premier League and subsequently the progression of the club, may have caught the club napping, but the waiting list is clearly a conundrum for them to solve......its a golden ticket they can't afford to ignore.

I dropped my season ticket c the Martin O'Neill debacle and its been hard to get back to a settled seat....I would suggest to all fans to think long and hard about giving up seats....because the good times are not far away imo.

Its not easy, to come up with any solutions and I would imagine the club themselves are no comfortable with a decision, they couldn't avoid.....I do believe if they could, they would, that is the trust, I have in these owners.

I think the hike is a bit stony in its appearance and timing....but I would urge the fans and the club to find ways of compromise, before seats are given up.

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think the club would have put up the prices, if they didn't have to....I don't think they are that sort of owners.

Mate that’s BS.  I love the owners for what they have done and are doing but I can’t agree with this line.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Because we’ve been rubbish yet season ticket holders kept paying upfront season after season but now things are on the “up” gone is the loyalty the other way and now because they have people by the balls with the waiting list it’s time to hit pensioners, kids and families the most when we were there when the Villa were bad. It’s disgraceful!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Many fans fall in to different categories, but they are all important.

The attraction of the Premier League and subsequently the progression of the club, may have caught the club napping, but the waiting list is clearly a conundrum for them to solve......its a golden ticket they can't afford to ignore.

I dropped my season ticket c the Martin O'Neill debacle and its been hard to get back to a settled seat....I would suggest to all fans to think long and hard about giving up seats....because the good times are not far away imo.

Its not easy, to come up with any solutions and I would imagine the club themselves are no comfortable with a decision, they couldn't avoid.....I do believe if they could, they would, that is the trust, I have in these owners.

I think the hike is a bit stony in its appearance and timing....but I would urge the fans and the club to find ways of compromise, before seats are given up.

Mate you should be in marketing for the Villa, it’s a good attempt you’ve done there to try and cover their drooling over easy rise in prices, rubbing their hands over the extra money!

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

I'm really unsure about what to do with it, it's a 29% increase for me and my son. If it were me and mates I'd probably not renew.

This is my problem, even though my two lads have had a 42% increase there is no way they would ever forgive me if we do not renew. Rock and a hard place