Pre match thread

mottaloo

2 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

What happened with Buendia? Did he give Gerrard some lip or something? 

They were seen having words in the tunnel. It didn't seem like much at the time  - but now he's out of the team  maybe it was more than first thought. Dunno.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Ok just finished my pre match analysis and we are going to pisss this, 0-5.

Mings brace, Ollie hattrick, inside double, Ramsey perfect hattrick, Digne tap in, cash on the money and Alisha Lehman sent off.

Took the words right out my mouth 🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely - but we don't know how bad the alternatives are - perhaps we've tried Chambers at DM in training and he's no good for it, perhaps Sanson looks off the pace when we've put him in, we don't know - we know what we've got isn't clicking, but other than the age old Nakamba principle where a player gets better in the eyes of fans when he's not playing - there's nothing to say that what we have on the bench is going to improve us. 

Punishing poor performance by dropping players is always a possibility, but bringing in players who make it harder for you to win is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I feel the rigidity of the system is making it harder - we could debut Iroegbunam if he sat deeper with a senior player but it means changing the patterns of play in attack (and therefore defence in this system). We could play Sanson but it means dropping either the new star or the most senior midfielder.

It would be more palatable if there was evidence we wanted to change things in midfield or even give players a rest. These back up players can’t be that bad that it’s some huge risk, otherwise we’ve **** up behind the scenes. All our subs should be able to be relied upon, and I also think we should give them that respect.

I should say there’s also the demoralising factor to what’s considered the second string - no matter how poorly the ‘first’ XI are playing, you won’t get a chance unless we’re desperate. Poor way to manage a squad.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

They were seen having words in the tunnel. It didn't seem like much at the time  - but now he's out of the team  maybe it was more than first thought. Dunno.

He's not Gerrard bezzie mate..

Coutinho moments of brilliance aside had been OFF THE PACE.

Staggered he's starting if it's one or the other 

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Strange then that he drops a player who has probably been one of the better ones. 

I haven't seen the team yet, but its all opinions now.....on a team, none of us, have a clear view on.

just leaving the forum to watch the game.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Everytime he's taken off Buendia as a sub our forward play has fallen off a cliff. Not starting him is baffling. If he needs to drop an attacking midfielder I'm afraid that man is Coutinho. He's just not going to drop his mate though. 

• Like 2