Pre match thread

mottaloo

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

This is a strange one, if Bissouma plays well and we lose then the clamour for him increases… if we win and he plays poorly, the forum will be full of posters slating Gerrard for wanting him.. 

Possibly the wrong game to judge Bissouma on regardless of how it goes.

A win, win situation would be for Bissouma to play well and show us what he's got, and Villa still thrash Brighton. 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just heard there was a crash on the A23 delaying the tram bus, Mings and Gerrard obviously to blame and will be interviewed by the police after the game.

Mings wasn't driving, but because he tried to alert the driver to the danger by shouting too loud whilst chewing gum, we should sell him.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Just heard there was a crash on the A23 delaying the tram bus, Mings and Gerrard obviously to blame and will be interviewed by the police after the game.

Bus driver asked Mings if there was something coming., Mings just kept looking at his insta, said "yeh grand". Side on collision with a wildly swerving Range Rover driving by man mid 20's, floppy hair and massive calves wearing non-matching slippers. Lots of people will balme Mings for being careless but ultimately the bus driver is responsible for bringng that bus safely to its destination. Tough one to call.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Which will quickly become:

Emi

Mings    konsa

Mcginn                     ramsey

Doug

Cash ings   coutinho   watkins   digne

Ramsey is far too deep there

• Like 1

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Bus driver asked Mings if there was something coming., Mings just kept looking at his insta, said "yeh grand". Side on collision with a wildly swerving Range Rover driving by man mid 20's, floppy hair and massive calves wearing non-matching slippers. Lots of people will balme Mings for being careless but ultimately the bus driver is responsible for bringng that bus safely to its destination. Tough one to call.

Thought it would he something like this. Mings you idiot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm surprised people are quite so horrified with the rest of the selection other than Buendia being out.

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

But there's the problem - our best eleven aren't playing well, but they are our best eleven - it's hard to make changes without weakening us, but it's also hard to leave it as it is when it's not going well.

I think you answered your own question there...

Keep doing the same things, keep getting the same results...

These 11 may be our best players in isolation (excluding Buendia, who probably is hurt), but something is not working together as a team. Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, sometimes it's less. With this bunch, it's proving to be less. (Especially Ings/Watkins...everyone seems to understand that except Dean Smith and Steven Gerrard.) I'd like to see him experiment a little. Maybe he'll find a different combination that is greater than the sum of its parts.

If Gerrard isn't changing the players, then I hope that he is at least changing the tactics somewhat. Otherwise, I expect more of the same. The last two matches have shown that the rest of the PL has figured out his system and it has weaknesses.

Interesting line-up.

At least Gerrard never said: We go again!

Watkins played wide down the right for Brentford and so he'll understand the position, and no doubt he'll swap positions during the match.

Buendia looked injured when he came off against Watford.

All you can say is that Ings and Watkins must look good on the training pitch.

As for me, I hope for a better match than last time out, and will try and keep my moaning and swearing within bounds.

Therefore, I'll be uttering a few "ommms" while following my breath during the warm-up.

If I can avoid getting substituted at half-time, I'll be doing well.

14 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Right, but there’s a case of questioning whether it’s our best 11. Individually yes, but collectively? And are they doing enough to prove they’re the best?

Absolutely - but we don't know how bad the alternatives are - perhaps we've tried Chambers at DM in training and he's no good for it, perhaps Sanson looks off the pace when we've put him in, we don't know - we know what we've got isn't clicking, but other than the age old Nakamba principle where a player gets better in the eyes of fans when he's not playing - there's nothing to say that what we have on the bench is going to improve us. 

Punishing poor performance by dropping players is always a possibility, but bringing in players who make it harder for you to win is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think Brighton's slow plodding play will help us today.

Despite the team selection I think we will get something today.

Hope you’re right Hippo 🤞

• Like 1