Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Honestly I think Villa could release a kit with the most perfectly accurate shade of claret there has ever been and people would still be moaning that it's not proper claret.

I don't think people even know anymore

That's entirely on the club for letting it change so bloody often though. People will always moan, but if they pick the branding and stick to it, it stops becoming something to discuss every year.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Talking about a kit in a kit thread ffs.

Genuinely curious as to why you care about a third kit. The players don't, they can barely care enough to wear the claret and blue with pride.

The team wears the third kit roughly twice every season, and the club will charge in excess of £100 for a proper replica.

Save yourself the money and the effort of giving a shit and buy yourself a nice training shirt or something.

32 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Genuinely curious as to why you care about a third kit. The players don't, they can barely care enough to wear the claret and blue with pride.

The team wears the third kit roughly twice every season, and the club will charge in excess of £100 for a proper replica.

Save yourself the money and the effort of giving a shit and buy yourself a nice training shirt or something.

I just wanted to see pics of it on the players dude, I haven’t thought about it beyond that. 

The third kit should have the benefit of not looking a completely different colour when coated in sweat.

Which annoyingly, is what makes the home kit look better after a game. After its soaked head to tail its actually the right colour. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for it but

Doesnt sound like it will effect us from that article, think they are pulling out of other European countries

I am sure they will still have to pay the contract they agreed though

• Like 1

On 09/08/2022 at 12:08, Stevo985 said:

Honestly I think Villa could release a kit with the most perfectly accurate shade of claret there has ever been and people would still be moaning that it's not proper claret.

I don't think people even know anymore

We could win a second European Cup on penalties and we would be grumbling about not doing it in normal time.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Going to get the Mrs the women's kit, can anyone advise on the fit? Cos if I get the wrong size is a fate worse than death

She's going to make you start supporting Blose?

Haven’t bought the new shirt yet. I’m wondering about the sizing of the shirts as I’ve never owned a Castore shirt before. 

Is it a case of the shirts being true to size or do you need to size up? Asking for both the standard shirts and player issue too! 

Thanks  in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Me the wife and 2 kids went to do the Villa Park tour today, we were told to arrive for 10.15 at the North stand , we decided to go early and go to the club shop first ( approx 9.40), we were the only ones in the shop so we had a good look around at some wonderful kit eventually spending £199.50 on kit for the youngest upcoming birthday. 
Anyway whilst walking to the checkout this little middle aged unkempt chubby chap with a carrier bag came bowling into the shop chopsing off at the top off his voice at the staff about how he’d bought this shirt yesterday and the name on the back was coming off . After threatening to tell the world on Facebook and other customers in the shop (us) about poor quality / trading standards and his poor treatment he  then proceeded to start marching around shouting “don’t buy a shirt from here!!” , I then had to leave to get my eldest who has Autism out of there as she was starting to panic , security arrived quickly and tried to diffuse the situation but he was having none of it and wanted trouble , they had to call the police in the end but by this time we were making our way over to the North Stand so don’t know the final outcome. 
Now I’m hoping that the Villatalk community isn’t a place for chunts like him but if it is he should be truly ashamed of himself bullying young staff in the shop , upsetting customers and general disgusting behaviour, on another day without my children there hed have got the argument a bully doesn’t want but needs . Embarrassed to be a Villa fan is an understatement tbh 

kits are lovely tho !

UTV !

• Like 1
  • Sad 2