Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

That isn’t the real 3rd kit. There’s no cazoo tagline 😜

I just clocked that.  Same as the one's nuremburg posted. The right kit, but the wrong sponsor logo. 

Makes you wonder how many of this version got made, and how they got leaked, given they clearly weren't a final production run. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve seen many posts calling the comms guy a liar. But did any kits with the Cazoo slogan on them ever get leaked ?

When it comes to kit leaks I think people refer to the design, not the sponsor having a tagline or not. Just because the sponsor has added a tagline doesn’t mean the kits hadn’t leaked lol

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

When it comes to kit leaks I think people refer to the design, not the sponsor having a tagline or not. Just because the sponsor has added a tagline doesn’t mean the kits hadn’t leaked lol

Yeah I get that but he said the new kit hasn’t been leaked and the new kit has the tagline on it. So technically he didn’t lie!

Think it’s harsh to call the guy a liar.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Gotta say, in those portrait photos over the last couple of days, the new home kit looks an absolute belter.

Think it looks good as soon as it get sweaty/wet and gets a bit darker.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Think it looks good as soon as it get sweaty/wet and gets a bit darker.

Never understand why manufacturers can't just get that shade of claret from the outset. Luke is the only one in recent memory that got it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Never understand why manufacturers can't just get that shade of claret from the outset. Luke is the only one in recent memory that got it.

Yup. Wonder if our in house expert has some insight into this?

Maybe it's just as simple as they are delivering the shade the club is asking for and it's the club rather than the manufacturers that's the issue?

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup. Wonder if our in house expert has some insight into this?

Maybe it's just as simple as they are delivering the shade the club is asking for and it's the club rather than the manufacturers that's the issue?

I’ll start this post by saying I have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, but I wonder why we don’t have a fixed claret and blue from RGB codes that we use on everything. Not just kits but on everything. Seems like anything between red and purple is acceptable.

Maybe it’s just not feasible, but I’m sure some companies do that. I think Cadburys always use that specific purple for example.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ll start this post by saying I have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, but I wonder why we don’t have a fixed claret and blue from RGB codes that we use on everything. Not just kits but on everything. Seems like anything between red and purple is acceptable.

Maybe it’s just not feasible, but I’m sure some companies do that. I think Cadburys always use that specific purple for example.

I work in design and have seen many 'brand guidelines' pass over my desk, all of them list the very specific shade of colours that you can use and how you can use them, this helps ensure 'brand consistency' across products/media.

I'd be astonished if a company/brand as big as Aston Villa don't have a set of brand guidelines that must be followed to the letter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Made even worse it’s been the same manufacturers as the Luke kit.

Luke kit had nothing to do with him btw it was designed by Fanatics.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Made even worse it’s been the same manufacturers as the Luke kit.

Luke kit had nothing to do with him btw it was designed by Fanatics.

I was saying Luke just to identify the kit, but yeah it's really strange. I think Kappa (probably also Fanatics) got close with the last 2 kits, but their first kit was basically pink. Before that the Under Armour kits were purple. Macron were all over the shop, and Nike had us in damn near Liverpool red (still loved those kits though).

• Like 1