Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

So light blue, white, black light blue. Been our away kit colours fir last four years.

Im expecting black aaay kit next year 

Would be great if we can mix it up with our away kit colours. Would like to see a grey/silver, sand or more navy

11 hours ago, a m ole said:

karl-pilkington-bullshit.gif

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What a 🤡

Blatent liar

To be fair, the ones he's referring to in the Birmingham mail article weren't correct. They didn't have the chevrons on the home or the stripes on the away. 

The ones Nuremburg posted, however, were both correct so far. But Mr Jordan didn't reference those. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

To be fair, the ones he's referring to in the Birmingham mail article weren't correct. They didn't have the chevrons on the home or the stripes on the away. 

The ones Nuremburg posted, however, were both correct so far. But Mr Jordan didn't reference those. 

Yeah they’re very very slightly different, I am just being facetious though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Yeah they’re very very slightly different, I am just being facetious though

True, and the half of his statement where he just says they "haven't been leaked" was wrong. So he was lying a bit 😁

• Like 1

Well, having seen the away kit in action I can safely say it is THE most boring generic kit I’ve ever seen in my life. Similar to the krappa one from a few years ago but at least that had some sort of pattern thing going on. Meh. 

Right so had a look at both away and homes today in the flesh, standard and pro.

Anyway the home kit. Differences between the pro and standard kits looks very minimal even in appearance. The castore badge on the standard is embroidered whist the pro is a stick on. Obvious differences in the vents but both main club badges are the same.

As for the away shirt, well it's night and day imo. The standard has the embroidered castore badge and the pro the stick on but the appearance of both tops looks completely different with the standard being a much thicker material and feel to it. The colour on the standard also looks considerably darker due to the materials and the pro has a shinier look to it with the vents. The standard looks okay but unlike the home shirt there is a more significant appearance difference compared to the home shirts.. 

It's all about preference of course, however I think spending the additional £45 on the home shirt for the pro is wasted money. Other than the vents and the castore badge they both look identical and the standard has a better castore badge being embroidered. The away though....is going to be about individual preference but they look much different. 

I ended up with the away pro because I'm a silly mug but I hope this info helps. I was going to buy online and glad I went for a look instead.  

PS. Not that it makes any difference but the home pro also comes in a presentation box unlike the standard. 

Edited by avfc1982am

29 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Having seen both kits in a match, anyone who doesn't like them would seem to be very difficult to please.  

They’re both boring. It’s not hard to please, they are the safest kits design wise I think could be imagined. I could just as easily say if you love these kits then you must be very easily pleased.

Inoffensive and bland is the worst you can chuck at them. They aren’t horrible by any stretch, but they aren’t memorable whatsoever. 

Edited by Ingram85

31 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Having seen both kits in a match, anyone who doesn't like them would seem to be very difficult to please.  

I hate the away kit, more so that I’ve seen it in a match.  Love the home kit.

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Inoffensive and bland is the worst you can chuck at them. They aren’t horrible by any stretch, but they aren’t memorable whatsoever. 

I can’t disagree more, I hate the away kit.  As I’ve said before it looks like a washing machine load problem where a blue towel slipped into a white shirts wash. Just a horrible colour for a football shirt…lovely for baby clothes but for a football shirt it’s just looks like an error.

Big news story this morning on most PL clubs having massive delays on replica kits, some clubs don't have ANY home or away kits to sell yet.  Some clubs not expecting till November at least. 

I'm betting that the top 6 are all well looked after though.  I've not seen any issues connected to our kits? 

On 23/07/2022 at 09:19, MrBlack said:

True, and the half of his statement where he just says they "haven't been leaked" was wrong. So he was lying a bit 😁

Maybe he hadn’t seen the Nuremberg post to be fair to him.  This website is the only place before Tommy’s post that I’d seen those photos out of all the social media I’d seen of apparent leaked kits. So maybe he wasn’t lying he just was unaware real leaked photos were out there.  Who knows!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2