• Hourihane - free (out of contract)
  • Targett - 17m
  • Sanson - dont sell 
  • Ings - dont sell
  • Hause - dont sell
  • Cash - 30m
  • Nakamba 15m

TOTAL = 98m

Seeing Kalinic’s name is shocking. He must genuinely be one of the longest serving members of the squad now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he’s been on 40k a week the entire time as well…?

Hopefully none of our last few buys end up being busts, struggled to get rid of Kalinic (and Beye etc all of MONs lot) on £40k a week, be a damn sight harder getting rid of players on 80-160k 😅

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If Targett gets sold which is likely we will definitely need to buy a young up-and-coming LB and he seems the most likely given our interest previously.

Chrisene getting game time in the friendly today, having just signed a pro contract. Think might be more likely to loan him and bring in a more senior left back for cheap who's happy to sit on bench, or even extend Young for another season. No one is replacing Digne as first choice for a while yet.

Edited by tomsky_11

6 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I would complain, loudly. Cash plays 90 minutes every game and is never injured. Lamptey very rarely plays a whole game due to recurring injuries and has missed big parts of every season so far. Villa would need two Lampteys to replace a workhorse like Cash.

Lamptey is obviously a huge talent but seems to lack some football intelligence. After he’s made a sprint up the pitch, gone inside and dribbled past a player, you would want something to come out of it. But quite often he ends up trying to beat one player too many and the attack becomes nothing.

Stats are telling: at Chelsea U23 played 29 games with 1 goal, 1 assist. First half season at Brighton 8 games, 0 goals, 1 assist. Last season 11 games, 1 goal 1 assist. This season 15 games, 0 goals 1 assist. Let Spurs spend 40-50 million on him.

I agree with the general idea of gradually improving the squad by upgrading players though

Ok, ok, it was a bad example!

15 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Villa would need two Lampteys to replace a workhorse like Cash.

I agree with your post. But Lamptey and KKH would be a lovely duo to be able to rotate. 

I love Cash though and think he's ideal to have against the bigger sides where he puts his body on the line and gives it his all. KKH can eventually take the lesser teams where we want more attacking output

55 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just realised that Todd Cantwell is on loan with Bournemouth… how odd. I guess Dean Smith doesn’t rate him at all? Good job we didn’t buy him in the summer then! 

We were never going to. Paper bollocks

• Like 1

On 05/02/2022 at 19:48, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Seeing Kalinic’s name is shocking. He must genuinely be one of the longest serving members of the squad now.

Its close, there's him, El ghazi, mings, mcginn, Davis, Hause and steer from the promotion team, he was a Bruce signing so that's before Hause and Mings

Think it'll be Steer or Davis but he's top 5 longest on the books 

Most of you wont of heard of this player, but I been scouting deep where no scout dares to go. His name is Djed Spence, Would be a solid addition to the team if we cash in on Cash

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Most of you wont of heard of this player, but I been scouting deep where no scout dares to go. His name is Djed Spence, Would be a solid addition to the team if we cash in on Cash

yes yes, i also watched forests games versus Arsenal & Leicester :P

I imagine he will have quite a bit of interest in the summer, pity the money would go to Middlesborough rather than Forest tho i suppose!

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Ah that 'I don't watch football unless its Villa' but caught a random fa cup game on BBC scouting..and this guy looked good. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

The summer is when we start buying £60m plus players. Our owners have looked at each other and said 'we're on another level now'.

I agree. We’ve got to a stage where we probably only need 2, proper top class players in the summer and we’ve got an excellent side.