Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No thank you

Christ almighty no. He’s utterly crap. 

edit: although his goal record given the stop start nature of his time at Arsenal is surprisingly not bad. 

Edited by Spoony

Jonathan David almost as an air of inevitability about it.

Edited by useless
'Inevitability' probably a strong word, but I've a feeling he will be a target for us and would be quite perfect for Gerrard's system.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Jonathan David almost as an air of inevitability about it.

He was either a target in the summer, or we were offered the opportunity to sign him. I was messaged in the summer by a former OUFC colleague who now works for a European agency, that his current agency(who is relatively small time ) enlisted Wasserman to help with a transfer - around the time Johnathan David liked A social media post made about Kesler -Hayden whose agents are Wasserman. I don’t know if we stood any chance but know his name was under definite discussion. 

Edited by thabucks

3 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Why the heck do we need a RB… Cash + KKH is golden…

Because Cash isn't top 6 quality and his attacking contributions aren't up to scratch. KKH is playing in League one and needs more development.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

which striker would you offload to accommodate a new striker?

Neither, as much as I didn't want to sign Danny Ings as I feel he is the wrong type of player for our side he is a good striker and I fail to see how we are going to get someone to sign for us of equal or greater quality.

I truly believe Ings was sold that Watkins will play as a wide forward for him to sign for us.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2022 at 12:15, messi11 said:

I like some of the names mentioned here I would love us to sign: 

Lisandro Martinez from Ajax- World Class Potential
Han-Noah Massengo  from Bristol City- World Class Potential
Kouadio Koné from Borussia Mönchengladbach- World Class Potential

Why would Hickey want to come Aston Villa to sit on the bench?

If we signed Martinez would be absolute uproar that we signed a centre back that is 5 foot 9

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Christ almighty no. He’s utterly crap. 

edit: although his goal record given the stop start nature of his time at Arsenal is surprisingly not bad. 

Yeah, his output has never been as bad as the way Arsenal fans have talked about him. Also a pretty decent creator too so it's not like he's just a goal poacher. Would still be a poor signing though, likely wouldn't be a big improvement on our striking options, would likely require significant wages and is old.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

If we signed Martinez would be absolute uproar that we signed a centre back that is 5 foot 9

I was going to say he plays in midfield but that's Edson Alvarez. He's the one we should be after from them.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Neither, as much as I didn't want to sign Danny Ings as I feel he is the wrong type of player for our side he is a good striker and I fail to see how we are going to get someone to sign for us of equal or greater quality.

I truly believe Ings was sold that Watkins will play as a wide forward for him to sign for us.

I agree with this. They are both very expensive and good forwards. We are unlikely to improve on either considering other areas we want to strengthen. 

Ings needs to improve his work rate and Watkins needs to improve his finishing. They both need to get with the program. Our play style is now clear. We play with a rotating front three two of whom are number 10's. 

Neither like to play across the front of the pitch. Too bad, thats how we play. Get better. 

Yeah they signed for a different manager with a different play style, it happens, they both just need to deal with it.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I agree with this. They are both very expensive and good forwards. We are unlikely to improve on either considering other areas we want to strengthen. 

Ings needs to improve his work rate and Watkins needs to improve his finishing. They both need to get with the program. Our play style is now clear. We play with a rotating front three two of whom are number 10's. 

Neither like to play across the front of the pitch. Too bad, thats how we play. Get better. 

Yeah they signed for a different manager with a different play style, it happens, they both just need to deal with it.

Not sure that’s the issue with Ings. Unfortunately, he’s not blessed with genuine athleticism like Vardy, Watkins and those types. He’s also not 23/24 so will have lost a yard over the years.

I think he gives it his all but he’s never going to be chasing and harrying like Watkins, and probably isn’t going to be quick enough to get to balls over the top. 

He’s a good striker, but I can see him being moved on in the Summer. It’s a lot of wages to spend on a bench player..

• Like 1