Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, TRO said:

might play him in Coutinho's or Buendia's place as a sub or injuries or suspensions.

We can't operate with just 11 players.

they and we have to get used to fighting for shirts.

I don’t think he will want that and I believe in our younger players stepping up 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

In:

Olsen or alternative gk (i'd love to get gavin bazunu)

Hickey (cover/challenge both full backs)

Centre half(cover/challenge konsa and mings)

Dm - bissouma or similar (big money)

Coutinho (if all goes to plan)

Striker (to start)

Out:

Jed, targett, hause, nakamba, el ghazi, trez, ollie/ings

Agree 100%

12 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

In:

Striker (to start)

Out:

Hause just signed a new deal a few weeks ago out to 2025. Unlikely to go.

I think the summer window will depend on our budget, I'm hoping Gerrard has a bit to spend (e.g. 80m + any extra through sales) to really put his stamp on the team. 

I don't know if these prices are realistic as a lot of these players only have one year remaining on their contracts, but these are my outs:

OUT

• El Ghazi - 7m
  • Trezeguet - 5m 
  • Guilbert - 5m
  • Davis - 3m
  • Kalinic - 3m
  • Hourihane - free (out of contract)
  • Targett - 15m
  • Sanson - 10m 
  • Ings - 17m
  • Hause - 8m

TOTAL = 73m

These are my ins, I think we need to be looking for potential first team players at CB, CDM and ST (I was unsure about this before but Ollie and Ings have been dreadful in front of goal this season and a striker that is lethal in front of goal could really improve us):

INS

• Lisandro Martinez or Sven Botman (both left footed) - 30m
  • Bissouma - 30m
  • Hickey - 10m
  • Olsen (make loan signing permanent) - 3.5m
  • Coutinho (make loan signing permanent) - 33m
  • Schick - 40-50m

TOTAL = approx 150m

NET SPEND = approx 80m

Schick might be out of our reach as he has scored 18 goals in 17 games in the Bundesliga this season, but would be worth making our record signing if we can sign him as he looks an extremely reliable striker who can also hold the ball up really well. He's also deceptively quick. I'd still keep Watkins for at least another season but there's a good chance he'll be demoted to super sub and leave the following summer.

If we signed Botman or Martinez and sold Hause it would also mean that Mings might be demoted to the bench, but if we want to improve that's what we need to do.

I think those type of signings will really push us on for a top 6 challenge next season but of course they won't be easy signings to make. 

• Like 3

I don't think we will be making wholesale changes this summer. Maybe 2 players to come in and start if things go well. 

Why are people trying to get rid of Hause, Nakamba and Sanson? We need a bigger squad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think we will be making wholesale changes this summer. Maybe 2 players to come in and start if things go well. 

Why are people trying to get rid of Hause, Nakamba and Sanson? We need a bigger squad. 

We don't actually need a bigger squad now, we just need higher quality. Id say 1 in 1 out now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think the summer window will depend on our budget, I'm hoping Gerrard has a bit to spend (e.g. 80m + any extra through sales) to really put his stamp on the team. 

I don't know if these prices are realistic as a lot of these players only have one year remaining on their contracts, but these are my outs:

OUT

• El Ghazi - 7m
  • Trezeguet - 5m 
  • Guilbert - 5m
  • Davis - 3m
  • Kalinic - 3m
  • Hourihane - free (out of contract)
  • Targett - 15m
  • Sanson - 10m 
  • Ings - 17m
  • Hause - 8m

TOTAL = 73m

These are my ins, I think we need to be looking for potential first team players at CB, CDM and ST (I was unsure about this before but Ollie and Ings have been dreadful in front of goal this season and a striker that is lethal in front of goal could really improve us):

INS

• Lisandro Martinez or Sven Botman (both left footed) - 30m
  • Bissouma - 30m
  • Hickey - 10m
  • Olsen (make loan signing permanent) - 3.5m
  • Coutinho (make loan signing permanent) - 33m
  • Schick - 40-50m

TOTAL = approx 150m

NET SPEND = approx 80m

Schick might be out of our reach as he has scored 18 goals in 17 games in the Bundesliga this season, but would be worth making our record signing if we can sign him as he looks an extremely reliable striker who can also hold the ball up really well. He's also deceptively quick. I'd still keep Watkins for at least another season but there's a good chance he'll be demoted to super sub and leave the following summer.

If we signed Botman or Martinez and sold Hause it would also mean that Mings might be demoted to the bench, but if we want to improve that's what we need to do.

I think those type of signings will really push us on for a top 6 challenge next season but of course they won't be easy signings to make. 

I love how everyone assumes Hickey is a done deal.

*not picking on you in particular mate*

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

In:

Striker (to start)

Out:

Why are we getting rid of Targett, hause, Nakamba, Ings and Watkins?

Edit* Sorry Ings/Watkins?

Edited by zab6359

I like some of the names mentioned here I would love us to sign: 

Lisandro Martinez from Ajax- World Class Potential
Han-Noah Massengo  from Bristol City- World Class Potential
Kouadio Koné from Borussia Mönchengladbach- World Class Potential

Why would Hickey want to come Aston Villa to sit on the bench?

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Think issue with Sanson is it's good Gerrard is trusting him more than DS but ultimately he's still well down the pecking order when everyone is fit.

McGinn and Ramsey always starting ahead of him as is Luiz and then Nakamba plays at DM when he's fit again. Add in another DM in the summer and he's probably surplus to requirements unless Luiz goes instead.

Surprised Nakamba hasn't been given a new deal yet so yes he'll stay as backup next season.

I assume with Hause contract extension he remains for next season unless we've just done it to get a bigger transfer fee in the summer.

El Ghazi and Trez are certs to go in the summer you'd think as we're overloaded with options in final third and both have just one year left, possibly Traore cashed in on aswell but we'll have to see if he can make impact rest of the season.

Probably smart to move Ings on and get in younger CF who can play wide if needed e.g. Bowen type at West Ham fits the profile we need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

I like some of the names mentioned here I would love us to sign: 

Lisandro Martinez from Ajax- World Class Potential
Han-Noah Massengo  from Bristol City- World Class Potential
Kouadio Koné from Borussia Mönchengladbach- World Class Potential

Why would Hickey want to come Aston Villa to sit on the bench?

I suspect if we buy Hickey we will loan him back to Bologna for 1-2 seasons, a bit like Spurs have done with Sarr. 

By the time he comes back Digne will be getting on a bit and Hickey would get plenty of game time, particularly if we're in Europe by that point.

If Targett gets sold which is likely we will definitely need to buy a young up-and-coming LB and he seems the most likely given our interest previously.

• Like 1