Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm with you here.

Personally, I'd move on one of Ings or Watkins. I don't think Gerrard really fancies either (complete hunch) and I think he'll have an idea of what kind of striker he wants. I honestly don't know who will come in for Ings given his age and wages, but Watkins would command a decent fee. If we were offered £45m+ for Watkins, I think we'd sell and perhaps £20m+ for Ings would be good business. I don't know if Villa would move both on as we need a solid back up. Not sure Archer is quite at the required level yet? 

I really don't want to sell Cash as I think he's a really good player with a fantastic attitude. That said, I think Gerrard may fancy someone with a bit more output in the final third - Like Digne on the left.

So, I think as a bare minimum, the club will look at the starting XI in the Summer and aim to do this...

-------------------------------------New---------------------------------------
-----------------Coutinho-------------------Buendia--------------------
-------Ramsey-----------------------------------------------McGinn-----
------------------------------------New-----------------------------------------
Digne--------------Mings---------------Konsa------------------Cash
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Martinez-------------------------------------

We obviously need players competing for places so in that regard, we have....
GK - Olsen
LB - New (Hickey)
CB - Chambers
CB - Hause
RB - KHH
CM 1 - Luiz
CM 2 - Nakamba
ACM 1 - Bailey
ACM 2 - Chukwuemeka
ST - Archer / Ings / Watkins

Personally, I think the club will look to move the following players on permanently....
Sanson
Traore
Trezeguet
El Ghazi
Watkins/Ings

This is all subject to contract situation though. For example, if Luiz doesn't sign a new deal, we'll sell him for £20m and perhaps keep Sanson. If Chuk doesn't sign a new deal, then we may need to keep Traore as back up or look for another no.10. If Coutinho doesn't impress, we will then bring in another starting no.10.

I maintain that we are 2 players away from competing for Europe. If we get a really good striker (recommendations please) in and a holding midfielder like a Phillips or a Bissouma, we'll really challenge. Ramsey will be a year older, as will Chukwuemeka. We're really starting to put together a strong squad. 

This Summer is going to be exciting. We'll finally be rid of the players that clearly aren't capable of firing us into Europe and we'll spend big on players that will. 

Bailey will go, imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Not sure, just a feeling. Based on that and nothing else.

It’s possible. I think if he gets injured again following his return theres always a chance we could try to cut our losses.  It’s been a disastrous season for the lad. Hopefully once he returns he can get a proper run in the team.  

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s possible. I think if he gets injured again following his return theres always a chance we could try to cut our losses.  It’s been a disastrous season for the lad. Hopefully once he returns he can get a proper run in the team.  

There’s a very good player in there, having him & Carney nipping at the heels of Buendia & Coutinho is the level of competition you expect and need in a top team. 

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Not sure, just a feeling. Based on that and nothing else.

From what I've heard, SG really rated him early doors in training.

Granted he looked a bit gash after the injury but i'm almost certain this was down to him being unfit, and trying too hard to pull off something spectacular.

The time out under the new regime might do him well.

He certainly doesn't lack the ability IMO.

• Like 1

Assuming no significant player leaves I would want a new first choice centre back, a first choice right back and a first choice DCM.

Coutinho to sign if his half season here works out.

Sell AEG/Trez regardless, if any other player leaves they will need to be replaced.

After that I believe we need to give this team a couple of years to develop to see what happens, as in I don't think we need to sign more players.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Assuming no significant player leaves I would want a new first choice centre back, a first choice right back and a first choice DCM.

Coutinho to sign if his half season here works out.

Sell AEG/Trez regardless, if any other player leaves they will need to be replaced.

After that I believe we need to give this team a couple of years to develop to see what happens, as in I don't think we need to sign more players.

I like Konsa and Cash, but they're now the weaknesses in our team.  Konsa's stats are average for a Premier League defender and Cash doesn't contribute enough going forward.  A big upgrade at central defender will help more than spending a lot on a DM, IMO.  If Athletico is truly interested in signing Cash, we need to capitalize on it and upgrade at fullback.  KKH really seems to have something about him, so if he continues to impress on loan, he needs to be around the first team challenging for game time next season.  

18 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I like Konsa and Cash, but they're now the weaknesses in our team.  Konsa's stats are average for a Premier League defender and Cash doesn't contribute enough going forward.  A big upgrade at central defender will help more than spending a lot on a DM, IMO.  If Athletico is truly interested in signing Cash, we need to capitalize on it and upgrade at fullback.  KKH really seems to have something about him, so if he continues to impress on loan, he needs to be around the first team challenging for game time next season.  

I don't see Konsa going anywhere. Granted, he's had an up and down season so far but I think he's the best CB in our squad and is generally solid. I don't know what you would class as an upgrade on Konsa considering his age and growth the last 2 years. He is in my opinion the present and future of our back line and England's. Class player.   

• Like 1

I could see a headline striker coming in. 

Firminho perhaps? Rumoured to be leaving Liverpool (who have signed Diaz and Jota in last couple of years), would be ideal as a '9' and Gerrard is a huge fan. Plus a chance to link back up with Coutinho. 

I don't see us upgrading RB or CB this summer -not unless an unbelievable opportunity presents itself. 

I think it will be a '6', an '8' (if Luiz leaves), a central striker (Ings or Watkins to go) and maybe another '10'' if we can't nail Chuk down to a contract. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I could see a headline striker coming in. 

Firminho perhaps? Rumoured to be leaving Liverpool (who have signed Diaz and Jota in last couple of years), would be ideal as a '9' and Gerrard is a huge fan. Plus a chance to link back up with Coutinho. 

Firmino’s stats are impressive, but he lacks something I think we need - Pace. As good as Coutinho and Buendia will be together, I think we need that bit of pace that Watkins brings. Is there a striker out there as quick and athletic as Watkins but with a better touch??

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Firmino’s stats are impressive, but he lacks something I think we need - Pace. As good as Coutinho and Buendia will be together, I think we need that bit of pace that Watkins brings. Is there a striker out there as quick and athletic as Watkins but with a better touch??

Not in the Premier League that would be value for money. We'll need to rely on our worldwide scouting network.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can't see him leaving after just one season and who would take him for anywhere near what we paid for him?

He deserves a shot here with an extended run of games. The unfortunate thing for him is, we don't play with natural wingers anymore so he'll have to adapt his game to play as a no.10. I think he has ability, so hopefully it works out for him. 

Don't know how he gets a free pass from you when you've written off Sanson and Traore, the latter with 2nd most goals per minute and 2nd most assists per minute in the squad last season. Sanson will prove you wrong. Bookmark this.