Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Selling a player before he is fully amortised means that the money is not already gone, it is in future accounts. 

The money has literally already gone (unless we still owe on the original fee). We might not have fully expensed the fee to the P&L before we sell, but as soon as we do sell we will, so it won't be in later accounts.

Think Cash will go in the summer if the rumoured Atletico interest @ €30- 40mill comes to fruition and then hopefully we can sign on a free the recently linked Ajax RB Noussair Mazraoui. would be very clever business. 

We’ve also been talked about in relation to Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby which is kinda odd and probs BS but great player none the less. 

I’d take Lacazette definitely, he’s played for France internationally and for PSG and Arsenal in The Champions League and some of our fans are turning their noses up at him. I think if in the unlikely event of him coming here, some fans would be surprised at how good he actually is

4 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I can't see us getting another striker. To improve uptop would mean spending 50m and even the high figure doesn't guarantee 20 goals.

think the priority will be DM, RCB or RB with Countinho completed. Just 3 players. We need to qualify for Europe next season. To maintain progression, then maybe we'll look for another striker. 

Unless the striker is more experienced... perhaps 30 plus, and fancying another challenge. 

Agree about DM though, that'll be a priority

6 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I disagree with that. The strategy at Villa is stated to buy players that we can improve and add value to. If the club regards player acquisition costs as sunk then the club cannot become sustainable, we need to be able to trade players to be profitable

I think the strategy has moved slightly. Gerrard wants more age and experience to the team. Coutinho is an example of a player that won't have a re-sale if he stays here for a few years... and that's fine, thats the price you pay for these type of players. 

i think we could see one or two more of these type of experienced world class players come in. Using Gerrard and Coutinho as leverage. 

I like the fact that we will probably be looking at players with experience at the highest level. Having a young dynamic team is great, but sometimes you need the experience and nous of having already played at the very top level. The fact Coutinho and Digne have played for some of the biggest teams in the world will have a positive impact on us. 

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think the strategy has moved slightly. Gerrard wants more age and experience to the team. Coutinho is an example of a player that won't have a re-sale if he stays here for a few years... and that's fine, thats the price you pay for these type of players. 

i think we could see one or two more of these type of experienced world class players come in. Using Gerrard and Coutinho as leverage. 

I agree with that as a team strategy but I think the overall club strategy is still in place, it is just Gerrard has persuaded them to get a few players with a little more experience. And I agree, the experience of players like Digne and Coutinho is something the club hasn't had and will greatly benefit us. I can't help but think that Jack left at the wrong. I don't mean from a Villa perspective but from his career development perspective. He would have learned so much in our current team while been given the game time to flourish. But, if he hadn't left our squad would be nowhere near as strong as it is now

51 minutes ago, Xela said:

I like the fact that we will probably be looking at players with experience at the highest level. Having a young dynamic team is great, but sometimes you need the experience and nous of having already played at the very top level. The fact Coutinho and Digne have played for some of the biggest teams in the world will have a positive impact on us. 

It's a big shift mentally too and opens to the doors to other players. Re-sell value is relative if the club is able to bring in bigger names as a result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

It's a big shift mentally too and opens to the doors to other players. Re-sell value is relative if the club is able to bring in bigger names as a result.

This...  The level of player we'll be able to attract to the club this summer will be higher than it was last year.  Need to capitalize and continue to push on with more quality. 

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Think Cash will go in the summer if the rumoured Atletico interest @ €30- 40mill comes to fruition and then hopefully we can sign on a free the recently linked Ajax RB Noussair Mazraoui. would be very clever business. 

We’ve also been talked about in relation to Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby which is kinda odd and probs BS but great player none the less. 

Atletico signed Wass to replace Trippier and would have been a starter except he got an injury. He is 32 but I dont think they will come in for Cash

Mazraoui is also linked to Dortmund and Barcelona, his agent is sounding out Barcelona and they want him to replace Dest as they want him gone

Edited by Zatman

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Is Cash a top 6 quality right back in your opinion?

Apart from City/Liverpool/Chelsea, I think he gets into pretty much every team in that area as the starting right back:

West Ham: Johnson/Coufal

Spurs: Emerson Royal/Doherty

Arsenal: Tomiyasu/Cedric

United: Wan Bissaka/Dalot

Wolves: Nelson Semedo *shudder*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Apart from City/Liverpool/Chelsea, I think he gets into pretty much every team in that area as the starting right back:

West Ham: Johnson/Coufal

Spurs: Emerson Royal/Doherty

Arsenal: Tomiyasu/Cedric

United: Wan Bissaka/Dalot

Wolves: Nelson Semedo *shudder*

He doesn't get into Utd, the three you list 'apart from' are the other 3 best squads.

So basically its the competition 5/6/7/8th place (theoretically) that he competes with.

It also discounts Leicester, Brighton, Norwich, Southampton and Newcastle who all have a good right back of which Leicester and Newcastle will be much better next year.

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

Is Cash a top 6 quality right back in your opinion?

It totally depends on the system. If there is a reliance on the full backs providing the width and having a great final ball then no, he's not top 6 level. If it's a flat back 4 and the team plays with wingers then he could be close to that level.

His primary weakness - as we all know - is his attacking crosses and final balls. It's down to simple numbers, in our system the full backs are involved in far more attacking plays, say twice as many as a 4 2 3 1 system. They're also involved in fewer defensive actions as a result, they're forward more and the midfielders cover the full back positions in a transition. 

So all we need to know is combined what weight of attacking vs defensive actions a team and their system requires from the full backs. Cash is a very good defender so any system that has a wide player in front of him to take the largest amount of the attacking width and he's a very good full back.

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

He doesn't get into Utd, the three you list 'apart from' are the other 3 best squads.

So basically its the competition 5/6/7/8th place (theoretically) that he competes with.

It also discounts Leicester, Brighton, Norwich, Southampton and Newcastle who all have a good right back of which Leicester and Newcastle will be much better next year.

Are you expecting to be top 3 any time soon? If he's competing with 5/6/7/8th place, why do we need to replace him? We'll do well to finish in any of those spots next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Are you expecting to be top 3 any time soon? If he's competing with 5/6/7/8th place, why do we need to replace him? We'll do well to finish in any of those spots next season.

You need the quality to compete with the top 4 to get into the top 6!

Also it is an anomaly that the right back at a few top 6 quality sides isn’t as good as some bottom half sides.

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

Wan Bissaka is Taylor levels of attacking and Dalot is nowhere near developed. Spurs he is also better than both right backs who Conte wanted to sell in January 

Norwich you mention have Aarons who isnt very good at all

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wan Bissaka is Taylor levels of attacking and Dalot is nowhere near developed. Spurs he is also better than both right backs who Conte wanted to sell in January 

Norwich you mention have Aarons who isnt very good at all

Aarons is an attacking right back.

Wan Bissaka is one of the best defensive right backs in the world and is better going forward than people give him credit. I’d straight swap for him any day of the week.