Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Spots his for now.

He's actually braver than Konsa on the ball for me. Konsa had this mythical ball playing tag when he never ever ever steps out or passes through the lines.

Anyway. He's a good watch. Still sells himself too easily and goes to ground wanting to make that all action last ditch last tackle but he's been pleasantly surprising on the whole.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Spots his for now.

He's actually braver than Konsa on the ball for me. Konsa had this mythical ball playing tag when he never ever ever steps out or passes through the lines.

Anyway. He's a good watch. Still sells himself too easily and goes to ground wanting to make that all action last ditch last tackle but he's been pleasantly surprising on the whole.

I still think konsa is better defensively. I don’t think chambers is quite tall enough to be honest.

but he’s undoubtedly better on the ball. None of our centre backs and potentially not many of our CMs would have even attempted that pass let alone executed perfectly. Adds further weight that he could play a role as a CDM

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I still think konsa is better defensively. I don’t think chambers is quite tall enough to be honest.

but he’s undoubtedly better on the ball. None of our centre backs and potentially not many of our CMs would have even attempted that pass let alone executed perfectly. Adds further weight that he could play a role as a CDM

Chambers is 1cm shorter than Konsa.

1cm....

I was really impressed with Chambers tbh, i really think he could play the Dm role, at least until the summer where we will "hopefully" fix the DM position.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

1cm....

I was really impressed with Chambers tbh, i really think he could play the Dm role, at least until the summer where we will "hopefully" fix the DM position.

Fair- don’t know what it is but he just looks less aerially dominant. Maybe his leap isn’t as good as konsas. In any case we’re agreeing on the substantive point re him playing CDM

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Fair- don’t know what it is but he just looks less aerially dominant. Maybe his leap isn’t as good as konsas. In any case we’re agreeing on the substantive point re him playing CDM

Konsa isn’t that dominant in the air tbf, Chambers won a fair amount of aerial duels yesterday, I think Chambers biggest weakness is his rash challenges he jumped in yesterday and gave a dangerous free kick away,  In possession and I think he’s our best CB. Not to much difference between him or Konsa (Konsa slightly better) but should be his position to lose after yesterday’s performance.

Edited by gwi1890

Chambers won’t play DM, forget that. He’s not that impressive when it comes to pure defending, but very comfortable on the ball which is a huge plus if we ever want to be able to control games. Mings is decent on the ball himself and him and Chambers together look like a pretty good CB pairing. Maybe not for games where Villa expect to be under constant attack though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Chambers won’t play DM, forget that. He’s not that impressive when it comes to pure defending, but very comfortable on the ball which is a huge plus if we ever want to be able to control games. Mings is decent on the ball himself and him and Chambers together look like a pretty good CB pairing. Maybe not for games where Villa expect to be under constant attack though.

What, you mean we shouldn’t try to shoe horn a centre back with good feet into a midfield role as if it’s remotely the same skill?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

1cm....

Ask the missus if 1 cm would make a difference...

• Haha 1

Initially when we signed him I thought it was a "meh" signing, hoping with a bit of luck Konsa wouldn't get injured/suspended much so would hardly have to see him but was impressed with his performance the weekend and that pass was disgusting. Expect to see Konsa back in the starting 11 against Leeds provided his recovered from COVID but it's good to have competition for places now. 

Â