Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Konsa really goubg to have to work to get back in the team.  But its great havinv 3 good cbs now!

Hause is no slouch either! And we have him tied down to a new contract. We're in a good spot with our back 5.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Farlz said:

I like Konsa and think he’s a good defender but this is why I said a few weeks ago us Villa fans overrate him massively. 

Chambers is probably better on the ball and is defending just as well. A really good bit of business this is turning out to be. 

Make Chambers the DM and bring Konsa back in. Sorted 👀.

• Like 1

Came across really intelligent in his post match interview. Southampton seem to produce intelligent players generally - Walcott, JWP, Targett, Chambers to name a few.

Our club interviewer doesn't half ask some boring questions though - jeez.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Make Chambers the DM and bring Konsa back in. Sorted 👀.

Whats the saying. 'Dont fix something which isnt broken'. No need to go down that route at the moment. Chambers is doing a great job where he is. 

• Like 1

On 11/03/2022 at 03:55, ThunderPower_14 said:

He's been rock solid and has the pass last week for Dougie's goal and then the finish this week that suggest he's can hit a ball accurately as well. 

Konsa may not get his spot back that easily. 

As this forum is known for it. If we don't score tomorrow I am sure people will suggest Chambers as No. 10 😂

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Would like to see it again but I think he messed up for the first goal, as Yarmolenko lost him quite easily. It's the trade off with him vs. Konsa. Would play Konsa against the stronger teams coming up.

Thought so too, he could have done better at their first. Maybe now Gerrard has an excuse to give Konsa the shirt back?

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

Would like to see it again but I think he messed up for the first goal, as Yarmolenko lost him quite easily. It's the trade off with him vs. Konsa. Would play Konsa against the stronger teams coming up.

It looked to me like it was more Ming's getting it wrong, he was marking him but let him get too far away from him and Yarmolenko had the time and space to shoot. Great finish to be fair, he could try that 10 more times and not pull it off...

Not goid performance from him today. I still think konsa is the better defender. I would stick konsa back in vs arsenal but i have a feing he will stick with chambers as he will have  a point to prove vs arsenal

• Like 1

Not goid performance from him today. I still think konsa is the better defender. I would stick konsa back in vs arsenal but i have a feing he will stick with chambers as he will have  a point to prove vs arsenal

9 hours ago, WooJung said:

It looked to me like it was more Ming's getting it wrong, he was marking him but let him get too far away from him and Yarmolenko had the time and space to shoot. Great finish to be fair, he could try that 10 more times and not pull it off...

Not sure who is really at fault. I guess both. Looks as if Mings thinks he’s going to keep drifting to the right so he backs up towards goal essentially passing him off to Chambers. Meanwhile Chambers starts heading back and away as Mings backs up leaving Yarmolenko open in a no-man’s land.

Either way. It was a very nice goal for them and Chambers has been an upgrade to Konsa over the last few games. No need to yank him just yet.

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Not sure why he got dropped against Arsenal. Surely he had a point to prove?

Would have preferred Callum. Konsa turning into the invisible man everytime we try to build from the back is tiring. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would start him on Saturday in midfield ahead of McGinn. Gerrard might as well start experimenting with the team as the season is basically over now.

i would defo play him in the DM role for the rest of the season (depending on when Nakamba is/isnt ready).

• 3 weeks later...

Came in played well and dropped for nothing while his replacement has since had a nightmare and continues to play.

Competition for places is a joke at the moment as this is not the only player this has happened to

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â