Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

Just now, villatillidie1980 said:

He’s not lazy but he’s far too casual at times. He made a great headed clearance early in the game, turns his back on play and the bloody thing comes straight back at him. He just needs to remain switched on at all times. 
IMO he’s class, he’s a warrior, leader, exceptional athlete but infuriating at times with the most stupid things

How good was his pass to Watkins for his chance though 😍

• Like 1

You could see how visibly angry Tim Howard was with the Everton fans who threw stuff there, it was good to see him say that there is no excuse for throwing stuff, dosen't matter if player celebrates nearby etc. he must have been so disappointed and embarassed by them as he is probably one of the biggest USA stars to have ever played in the league

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Such trash. Imagine the response of an Everton player was hit with a lighter

Remeber from school a kid was hit in the head with a 1/4 filled plastic bottle of coke that was thrown at him. He got a brain hemmorage and was hospitalized. It's dangerous, absolutely moronic to make it sound as trivialities.

• Sad 1

If they’re going to blame the Villa players for celebrating the goal, they can also blame Duncan Ferguson for telling the Everton fans to make life as hard as possible for the Villa players.

Neither are to blame though, it’s the idiots who threw the bottles and them alone.

• Like 1

Watkins has been ok. Nothing more, nothing less. He actually probably should have done a bit better with the one he toe poked wide. 

He keeps their defenders on their toes. They know at any moment a ball over the top can outdo them and that’s horrible as a defender as you can’t play the game in front of you as much. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He made one pass that went directly out for a corner.

He has not put us in trouble.

He is not even remotely ‘lazy’

What about the poor pass that went for a everton throw or the pass to CL that could ahve left us in trouble.

He needs to improve  his concentration levels for me

Hopefully that yellow on Gomes allows Ramsey to throw off the shackles a bit. We need his run to bring Coutinho into it a bit more. 

Great finish to the half, apart from the cro-magnons in the Everton crowd. Hopefully that's enough to get the boys well and truly fired. 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Also. Emi ahead of Grealish any day of the week.

If man City had offered me to trade Grealish for Buendia I would not do it. Not a chance.

I agree. He has more facets to his game than Grealish 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Also. Emi ahead of Grealish any day of the week.

If man City had offered me to trade Grealish for Buendia I would not do it. Not a chance.

True much more of a team player and does the dirty stuff

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

you see this object throwing studf weekly now when watching tv, i've never seen it at VP myself, but i'm sure it must happen occasionally there too. like why even bother, have a go or swear at the celebrating player but why throw stuff? just seems very petty and small time

It's very common in Central America.  Nearly every American international game on the road results in their players getting pelted by bottles of urine, coins, lighters, and drinks when taking corners/celebrating a goal. 

• Shocked 1