Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He made one pass that went directly out for a corner.

He has not put us in trouble.

He is not even remotely ‘lazy’

The only thing lazy about Mings is the constant criticism he receives from people which at this stage seem to have an agenda 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

ok stats dont lie - keep crying idiot

Just scored an amazing header to go 1-0 and you are going on about a couple of misplaced passes. 🤦🏽‍♂️

9 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

One out for corner, one to digne that was miles behind him, and went out. Two sliced long balls out.

63% pass accuracy

Konsa has 94% 

Not defending Mings in this case, but Konsa’s high pass completion is because he only plays short sideways to Mings.

• Like 1

you see this object throwing studf weekly now when watching tv, i've never seen it at VP myself, but i'm sure it must happen occasionally there too. like why even bother, have a go or swear at the celebrating player but why throw stuff? just seems very petty and small time

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

Not easily imo.

On chances created we have shaded it.

Everton haven't created anything.  We've had the only shots on target.  Should have had a free kick on the edge of the area when JJ was tripped and hauled down.  Keep our heads and we'll create more chances.

• Like 1

That was one competitive half of football. You can see the effect ferguson has had with them. It bodes well that we have got the lead and they haven't had a shot.

Disgrace from the crowd with the bottle throw

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think Watkins has had a good half. 

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Ings for watkins please. Liability again

VillaTalk is summed up in 2 back to back posts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ref has to take some responsibility for what's going on. There have been 3 or 4 instances where he needed to calm things or review things and he has completely ignored it. The game will probably end up with 2 red cards at this rate. Cash and mings need to stay calm.

Been disappointed in luiz so far today in the role he has been given, seems to be lacking energy and commitment when there have been balls near him he was favourite for. Just seems off the tempo of the game.

Big Phil hasn't had much of a lookin and Ramsey needs to use digne instead of ignoring him every time.

And mings ? Come on, stop with the lazy play.

That's all the negatives out the way

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

There's about 6 bottles thrown there.

Watching Gerrard smirking at em walking off as made me chuckle

Sickening shitheads! 😡

What’s to stop the same or worse (serious injury) if we score again?

Disgusting.

Just now, nick76 said:

Not really, analysis is analysis

"Liability again".  Phenomenal analysis, aye :D 

He's been giving the centre backs a tough time and getting us up the pitch.  Forced Mina into a couple of errors.  Has been playing absolutely fine.

• Haha 1