Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

Even before the goal I was going to say Buendia has been our best player by far again. So good. 

Coutinho not quite in it and overall we’ve been a little flat but that goal before half time is big. Hopefully we have our good 45 minutes now and finish them off. 

That section of the crowd should all be thrown out the ground at HT and left empty. 

Who stands there and thinks 'I'm gonna lob this bottle at a player' absolute scum. 

As for the co commentator, f#ck off you silly woman, almost blaming our players for the fact the bottle was thrown.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Despite the error, Digne has been phenomenal first half. He is ferociously competitive. Defensively very sticky. Mings - replace him in the summer. Can’t tolerate anymore of that nonsense. 

Digne mistake was terrible and we had a lucky let off. Mings does that and he's crucified!

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

Football fans are scum.

The commentators thinking they clashed heads while celebrating. Isn't their job to know and report on what's going on?

Watching in aus, I think we get the sky feed here, commentators blamed villa players for celebrating the goal

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Could get easily be an assault charge id have thought. 

Should be, if you threw a bottle at someone and hit them outside Asda you'd expect a charge, whoever threw it should be banned from football for life and charged with assault.

Was struggling for most of the half to reconcile what I was seeing in the game with the increasingly negative and panicky comments in this thread. I thought we were on top most of the time and providing nearly all the skill on display. Everton huffed and puffed but barely threatened our goal.. 

Buendia was our best attacking player so it’s pleasing he got the first goal. 

No doubt we should have had more though. Watkins as centre forward is hesitant, ponderous and wants too many touches. We need him to do better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Bunch of saddos

Why wasn’t the cap taken off? Sh*t bunch of fans , the Digne Everton wonderful relationship is well and truly over, if he scores today he should celebrate like Adebayor did against Arsenal 

• Like 2

Just now, Icarium said:

Watching in aus, I think we get the sky feed here, commentators blamed villa players for celebrating the goal

Yeah I had to chuckle when they started on that rubbish, why do we get stuck with Owen as a pundit 🤮

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

That section of the crowd should all be thrown out the ground at HT and left empty. 

Who stands there and thinks 'I'm gonna lob this bottle at a player' absolute scum. 

As for the co commentator, f#ck off you silly woman, almost blaming our players for the fact the bottle was thrown.

Same type of fan that lobs coins at Troy Deeney.

Football fans.  It happens.

• Like 2