Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Viewership and commercial value. I imagine when the Prem sets up its own streaming service ala Netflix it can get to a level of revenue where the CL money the top 4 get only gives them a smaller edge financially over the rest of the League.

I am sure a salary cap will come in at some point based on revenue. 

Isn’t it already pretty dominant in that regard though? It already makes by far the most money of any other league and it’s in the billions in terms of viewership. 

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

So will he work well in the xmas tree formation or better out wide.

Playing narrow with two number 10's him and Buendia?

That's how I see it and it doesn't matter whether it's Ollie or Danny upfront, they ARE getting fed.

19 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

You know you're a real Villa fan when your enthusiasm about a signing is undercut by massive anxiety.

Welcome to B6, Phil! Rip it f***ing up!

You’re absolutely right, so much so that I read rip as RIP! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

My favourite part on the Blues forum is where they compare getting the best out of Coutinho to when they had Hleb and Bentley.

Brilliant.

Nothing about Tarantino then? 🤣

Just now, The Moustache of Teale said:

Me working from home today. Almost out of likes. 

Yeah I imagine it will be a quiet evening on VT with everyone having used up their allotted number of likes and reactions by the afternoon.

I'm already out :D 

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

My favourite part on the Blues forum is where they compare getting the best out of Coutinho to when they had Hleb and Bentley.

Brilliant.

I think the guy trying to say Christoph Dugarry was a better signing because he’d won the World Cup was a personal highlight.

• Like 1

I saw a Leeds fan saying that Coutinho was a good signing and another replied to him saying 'and you laughted at me for suggesting John Swift', as if John Swift is in anyway comparable to Countinho, and I think Swift is a good player. Actually looking on a few forums, at least some of the small heath fans are admitting that it's a good a signing and shows the division between the the clubs, Wolves fans are trying to convince themselves that we're making the same mistakes as we were when we were signing older players under Bruce, if any of these teams like Leeds, Wolves, Newcastle and so on had have signed him their fans would ecstatic.

8 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Brilliant.

With all due respect... who cares? They're completely and utterly beneath us and should be irrelevant to us at this point.

2 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Nothing about Tarantino then? 🤣

Mentioning him reminds me of playing them at the Sty soon after he had signed. Tony Buttler was on the pitch before the game, winding up the atmosphere, not that it really needed much. The teams came out and we greeted him with “TARANTINO WHAT A rocket polisher, WHAT A rocket polisher”. He ran straight up to us to milk the applause! 🤣  Butler desperately trying to direct him to the side. Comedy gold from the home of the clowns. 

No chance of PC making that mistake next Saturday. One of those days that I miss the most now I’m far away. The Holte in full voice…. Better go I’ve got dust in my eye. 

Everybody seems very blasé about the fact that he's currently covid positive. I assume he has yet to do his medical, but this virus is a damned unpredictable beast. Chances are he's only got mild (or no) symptoms, but it would be so Aston Villa if he turns out to be badly affected by it. 

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I saw a Leeds fan saying that Coutinho was a good signing and another replied to him saying 'and you laughted at me for suggesting John Swift', as if John Swift is in anyway comparable to Countinho, and I think Swift is a good player. Actually looking on a few forums, at least some of the small heath fans are admitting that it's a good a signing and shows the division between the the clubs, Wolves fans are trying to convince themselves that we're making the same mistakes as we were when we were signing older players under Bruce, if any of these teams like Leeds, Wolves, Newcastle and so on had have signed him their fans would ecstatic.

TBH, who cares what they think.  We just signed one of the best players in the world at a cut rate deal.  I don't care what fans of other teams think.  Let them continue to ignore/laugh/mock us as we continue to rise up the table into title contention over the next 5-8 seasons.  Haters gonna hate.  

Â