Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Colour me totally amazed.

I had dismissed the talk as a PR stunt.

Villa's failure against Brentford was marked by some very poor service to the strikers, excepting Buendia's piece of precision for Ings' goal, and the quality from Villa's wingbacks was too often lacking.

Hopefully Philippe's contribution can remedy that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Colour me totally amazed.

I had dismissed the talk as a PR stunt.

Villa's failure against Brentford was marked by some very poor service to the strikers, excepting Buendia's piece of precision for Ings' goal, and the quality from Villa's wingbacks was too often lacking.

Hopefully Philippe's contribution can remedy that.

This.

Everyone is harping on about a DM, but our xG is 4th worst in the league.  Coutinho is a huge upgrade to our creativity, but we need better fullbacks than the Mattys in Gerrard's system.  

They're going to have to stock so much merchandise in the shop that when you go there you will have to Ford Coutinho Ghia to get from one side to the other............ 

I'll get me coat. 

17 hours ago, MSvillain said:

I'm genuinely a bit lost, will we negotiate a perm contract with him after 12 months? 

I think it depends on his form and how much clout, he manifests.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think Bailey will be a flop in one of those 10 roles tbh. I think Coutinho / Buendia will work lovely, both have great ball retention and are very creative. 

I do wonder with Carney if he's best as a box to box 8 when we get a top class no6 or if he's meant for one of the 10 roles. 

I think bailey is likely to play on the right. I would say buendia is more of a risk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This.

Everyone is harping on about a DM, but our xG is 4th worst in the league.  Coutinho is a huge upgrade to our creativity, but we need better fullbacks than the Mattys in Gerrard's system.  

I haven't even mentioned it.....Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.🙃

we want one as ...........Tall as a Giraffe.....Heart of a lion......Touch of a Gazelle......body of a rhinoceros.....speed of a cheetah......vision of a Hawk.

What are we waiting for?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think bailey is likely to play on the right. I would say buendia is more of a risk

Whatever way we set up. We'll have two of Watkins, Ings, Bailey, Buendia, Coutinho on the bench when everyone is fit. Some options off the bench to change games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Just imagine if they were obsessed by us. 

Be fair here Dave......What else have they got to sing about? other than us.

Mind you, nice quality shield that....they must have worked hard on it.

It's really novel , seeing Noses carrying our colours, with such passion.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He was fantastic on loan at Bayern 2 seasons ago.  Everyone saying he's washed up or past his best because he hasn't been a consistent 9/10 every game for Barca is delusional.  It may take him a few games to get back to fitness again, but he'll comfortably be one of the best players in England again by the end of the season.  

I sincerely hope you are right....on the surface, great signing.

I would think SG has put his balls on the line, along with Purslow.....So they must be confident in what you allude to.

I hear what you say about the XG, but we have rarely failed to score in every game we have played.....so in theory, only goals against have held us back.

I am not opposd to the ethics of this signing, if we can get from him, what our excitement is engendering......Whatever it takes to win games, I am all for it.

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Whatever way we set up. We'll have two of Watkins, Ings, Bailey, Buendia, Coutinho on the bench when everyone is fit. Some options off the bench to change games

Indeed. As an aside I think this probably means it’s an either/or in relation to Watkins and Ings. The only real way they could have both started in Gerard’s formation was shoehorning one of them into one of the narrow 10 roles. Can’t see that happening now so they are now only playing for the CF role.....puts a more focussed dynamic on them as individuals now. 

Great to have this level of competition....but will either accept extended bench time? Interesting times. 

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Try as I might, I just can’t find Darren Farley funny. Yeah he can mimic accents really well, but so could I when I was 14. Just seems weird seeing a grown man trying to do impressions and pass it off as comedy. Might just be me 🤷🏻‍♂️

We need to send him down to St Andrews they need some help, in trying to be funny.

Â