Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Luiz was offside when the shot came back in. Probably could have been ruled onside after it bounced off some of their players the way they interpreted the mings decision but who **** knows. 

Yeah, the lack of replay and analysis makes it harder. I really don’t understand how our lads are being punished for Leicester’s mistakes there. Phil took it so sweetly too. 

3 hours ago, rbcuk said:

He was absolute garbage when he come on, stealing a living 

I thought he was awful too. He just doesnt look cut out for the premier league sadly. When the ball drops to him on the edge of the box and it goes over, do those go in on the training pitch. I.e. is it a confidence thing? That's my only saving hope.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The rag the sun is saying we are loaning him out to galatasaray this week as emery has seen enough.

Jesus we **** shot ourselves in the foot with this signing ffs

I think it’s just nonsense, he brought him on at halftime looks like he’s part of the plans.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The rag the sun is saying we are loaning him out to galatasaray this week as emery has seen enough.

Jesus we **** shot ourselves in the foot with this signing ffs

The rag the sun—you said it all at the beginning.

Personally thought his interplay and passing were decent yesterday. Would have been nice if his goal was onside as well to give him some much needed confidence. 

The most concerning thing from him that I've seen is that his shooting and control over his shot seems to have totally deserted him. That was his biggest strength in his prime, he was a wizard at controlling difficult efforts on target. This season 95% of his efforts have found row Z. 

Confidence player with absolutely no confidence. But he also seem to have lost what once made him a great player. Might all be in the head but maybe his body isn't up to it anymore either.

• Like 1

He stunk.

Nothing flicks round the corner instead of controlling the ball.

Zero acceleration and pushed off the ball like a child.

Why can't he hit the target with a shot? He's not getting close. He's hitting the ball 30 yards high and wide. Pathetic.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Would have been nice if his goal was onside as well

I want to see the stupid VAR lines. Any other time they'd be deliberating over every tiny touch and angle with multiple replays, but they just blew through it yesterday and it annoys me to no end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He was good when he came on yesterday - definitely an improvement on some of his perfomances this season.

The thing that is very frustrating is his shooting and the % of the shots that don't even hit the target and go over the bar.

It's like he has no ability to keep the ball below the crossbar!

I actually thought he looked decent when he came on, aside from the once a game space shot. He literally does that at least once every time he plays. You could say it was a "sighter" but it's that far off it that would be pushing it. Very odd how he used to bury those in top bins regularly for Liverpool. Overall though I personally thought he looked quite bright.

He must have ran the least of the players on the pitch, it still looks like it is a big effort for him every time he starts a run, he doesn't look up to the tempo anymore, he lost the ball at so many times. There are basically three things he can do, he can fall back and pick up the ball in our own half if not under pressure (but that's not his role), further up the picth he can make a 50/50 direct pass which can come good, but as likley just resulting in us losing the ball, the third thing is that he can pop up in the penalty area in the second wave, but he does that too seldom. I'd say he doesn't contribute defensively or to the pressing at all.

Sorry to say, but this makes him a luxury player at the moment that we have very little use of. I don't mean it in a bad way regarding his personality, I bet he tries his best and has a good influence on the training pitch, but simply he is way past his best and should go to a league with a slower tempo during the last years of his career.  

Â