Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We are going to be the first premier league team in history to have a bench solely made up of keepers!

Still 24 hours to go, the keepers still have time to be sold!

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We're just as thin with Coutinho in the squad as without him tbfh

Seriously if someone is willing to take his wages then you have to let him leave. Nothing against Phil but he is making far to much for the contribution he can deliver in Unai system. The sooner he is gone the better. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Seriously if someone is willing to take his wages then you have to let him leave. Nothing against Phil but he is making far to much for the contribution he can deliver in Unai system. The sooner he is gone the better. 

He costs us 8.25m a year in wages + amortisation. So if we loaned him out we need to recoup a good chunk of it. My view is he sticks around until summer given how light we are in attack and probably secures a season long loan then. He'll be down to 2 years left on contract by then and we can accept fee's around the 6 to 8m mark to sell him. 

I think he deserves the chance to try earn his place back for the rest of this season.

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He costs us 8.25m a year in wages + amortisation. So if we loaned him out we need to recoup a good chunk of it. My view is he sticks around until summer given how light we are in attack and probably secures a season long loan then. He'll be down to 2 years left on contract by then and we can accept fee's around the 6 to 8m mark to sell him. 

I think he deserves the chance to try earn his place back for the rest of this season.

Try fees of £0.00m.

You're dreaming.

He's costing us £125k a week in actual money. Real money whichever way you want to dress it up.

I'd rather have nobody to bring off the bench. I'd rather have a huge loss in the accounting figures because its better than paying someone who can't move £125,000 every single week.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

His contract is the equivalent of having a golf ball stuck up your anus: if someone offers to take it away, you accept. Doesn’t matter what it costs. Once it’s gone, you can have some real fun.😳

Sounds more like you've taken all the fun away. 

AMIRITE? 

traffic-on-my-way-to-work.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Please let it be!

But seriously no Turkish club are paying £125k per week for anyone. 

The Turkish league is pretty flush with cash isn’t it? I remember Soyuncu talking in detail about this, how he was so unusual leaving as a young Turkish player as most stay because they can earn as much money as in most European leagues and live a nice life at home. I’m sure you’re right that they can’t just blow six-figure salaries but there are a LOT of players there at the end of their careers who could be pulling in easy cash in the Middle East. Kind of reminds me of when Russia quietly had loads of the best-paid players in the world but no-one realised.

Â