Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, nick76 said:

Did you watch them first half…half arsed and couldn’t pass two feet.  They have to take some blame along with the manager

Yep

Everything was wrong first half it was that **** awful, players, manager, formation the lot

Not just Smith 

• Like 1

Has Watkins' head dropped because he's found out that Ings came in on more money? Or feel his central role is threatened? 

I looked at our players run out onto the pitch tonight and I immediately turned to my Dad and said "they don't look up for this tonight". Arsenal then ran out with a spring in their step. I think our players probably felt wrong before they took to the pitch. If that's the case, they're not happy where they're playing. That's on the manager. Square pegs don't fit in round holes. 

Has anyone else noticed that our players were sweating buckets after 15 minutes whilst the gooners looked like they're on a jolly? 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Also proves we have the players to do it.

Not outplayed here, yet again, just crap!

But we don’t have the players.

We we’re totally outplayed for most of this match…think those two beers are affecting you too much.  We’ve been completely outplayed most of this match.

• Like 1

Two England internationals (probably should be 4 with Konsa and Cash)

Two Argentina internationals

One Brazil international

A player who plays like a star for Scotland

An electric talent in Bailey

A consistent PL goal scorer

One of the best groups of youth talent in Europe

”iTs thE pLaYeRs”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ironically, if we lose tonight, we will have less points this season after 9 games, than we had in the relegation scrap in 19/20.

21/22 - 10 points after 9 games, 19/20 - 11 points after 9 games.

image.png.9e478ede96877474f1f5ec9605d8e34a.png

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just seems like one to appease the fans. What was the thought process behind it? Watkins was one of our best players last season and we play one up top. Ok, we get injuries, but you don’t change the entire system for one player. Just buy a decent young striker (eg. Alvarez) to fill in when needed, and keep the same formation.

Its all over the place at the moment I feel. Might be Smiths fault, might not be, but we were fine with Bailey and Buendia to replace Grealish, but the rest of the money should have been spent on areas we need to improve, like central midfield.

Anyway, Smith is going to get pelters for this and I really want him to pull through. 

Watkins has been found out. It was all Jack's doing. We difinitely needed another striker, and Ings was a good buy. Watkins shouldn't be playing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Eh? What happened?

They’ve looked pissed off from the get go. They seem to be having a game of who can get sent off first. Body language has been off all night. 

Maybe they didn’t agree with how they were set up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Did you watch them first half…half arsed and couldn’t pass two feet.  They have to take some blame along with the manager

If its the players he needs to come out tonight and say it!

For me it's on the manager, wrong formation and no reaction from the Wolves game.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We needed a striker, no doubt. 

Signing a £30m starting striker on over £120k a week was just...weird.

You just give yourself a problem with that signing. For large parts of the season they’re both going to be fit. Then what? 

I’d dig out my old posts if I could be bothered but I said at the time, the signing felt weird. It had no method behind it. I wasn’t excited anyway by it.

Worrying times.