Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Raymond said:

Two England internationals (probably should be 4 with Konsa and Cash)

Two Argentina internationals

One Brazil international

A player who plays like a star for Scotland

An electric talent in Bailey

A consistent PL goal scorer

One of the best groups of youth talent in Europe

”iTs thE pLaYeRs”

Yeah pretty much

Like you've just said they're all international decent players on paper 

So why can't they pass to each other? Why do they just pump it long? Why do they jump in to tackles? 

They make simple sloppy mistakes times and time again

I'm watching Bailey drive down the right wing 2 defenders standing him up, cash doesn't drop down the line for an outball or overlap, mcginn in the middle doesnt show for a pass inside, ings is static in the box between 2 defenders so the cross isn't on 

That's not the manager, that's basic football 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Plenty of overreacting as per usual. We've been dogshit, no doubt about that, but we'll be fine. It's a marathon, not a sprint!

I’ve been fairly level - this has been **** atrocious. Reactions fully justified. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

We are not a team looking to avoid relegation (well, we shouldn't be), we are a team looking at top half. We are  miles away from that

Progress takes time. Have some patience and enjoy a few beers in the meantime. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Because it's the only way to get rid of him. Short term pain for long term gain.

I’m not saying Dean shouldn’t be scrutinized for this performance, or have the owners asking questions but you dumping a coach off a couple of bad performances when half the starting lineup finds itself injured is just nonsense. Come December and we are sitting around relegation zone then sure, it’s probably a good time to consider looking for possible new managers but he should have more time with the majority of his new squad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If its the players he needs to come out tonight and say it!

For me it's on the manager, wrong formation and no reaction from the Wolves game.

Why would a manager do that? Keep that talk for behind closed doors.

Managers got it wrong, players played shit.  It’s both!

Wow, 3-0 against these nobodies?

Doesn't say much for us.

Hapilly  I'm watching Billions with s pizza and vodka. They are not ruining my day!

Edited by rjw63
Useless wanky keypad

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Not my job, it's the owners job. Why is it Villa fans always ask "And get who" while other teams just get on with it and get someone? Do you think there are no more managers left in the world ffs!

Yes, they normally get one with getting someone who's just as bad and usually worse than what they had. ESPECIALLY mid season. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just seems like one to appease the fans. What was the thought process behind it? Watkins was one of our best players last season and we play one up top. Ok, we get injuries, but you don’t change the entire system for one player. Just buy a decent young striker (eg. Alvarez) to fill in when needed, and keep the same formation.

Its all over the place at the moment I feel. Might be Smiths fault, might not be, but we were fine with Bailey and Buendia to replace Grealish, but the rest of the money should have been spent on areas we need to improve, like central midfield.

Anyway, Smith is going to get pelters for this and I really want him to pull through. 

Well it probably was the recruitment. look at the Lange signings:-

Sanson - we bust a gut a sign a player just back from injury - then spouted some BS about he was brought for next season

Young - Totally at odds with the policy up this point

Ings - good player - but was always going to push watkins out of his position

Buendia - best player in the championship - but he just looks to small 

Just hope Lange isn't involved in recruiting any new coaching staff