Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, Raymond said:

Two England internationals (probably should be 4 with Konsa and Cash)

Two Argentina internationals

One Brazil international

A player who plays like a star for Scotland

An electric talent in Bailey

A consistent PL goal scorer

One of the best groups of youth talent in Europe

”iTs thE pLaYeRs”

ye, i agree, it isnt the players, its the coaching.

Ye we need to strengthen in places, but the players are better than they have been performing.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

10 points from 9 games is relegation form. Just saying….

It’s not good, but it’s hardly ever relegation form when you average over a point per game.

Just now, Raymond said:

Two England internationals (probably should be 4 with Konsa and Cash)

Two Argentina internationals

One Brazil international

It's not your main point, but to drill into this a little. Buendia hasn't ever actually played for Argentina. Luiz is a Brazil reserve, and Cash is about 10th choice rightback for England and so unlikely to ever get a callup he's going to play for Poland. 

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Having Watkins and Ings is incredible, but only one of them should be starting.

Smith thinks he can blend them into like Mane/ Salah .. but it takes time and good man management skill / strong personality which I don’t Smith has it in him 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

And who takes the rest of it?

Don’t understand your question? Players take some of the blame, the manager takes the rest as I said

Did you watch them first half…half arsed and couldn’t pass two feet.  They have to take some blame along with the manager

Didn’t I miss something?

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Watkins has been found out. It was all Jack's doing. We difinitely needed another striker, and Ings was a good buy. Watkins shouldn't be playing.

Ok, fine, drop him then?

Either way, it isn’t working. One of them needs to be dropped and we need to go back to playing the formation we’ve been most successful using in the PL.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

But we don’t have the players.

We we’re totally outplayed for most of this match…think those two beers are affecting you too much.  We’ve been completely outplayed most of this match.

Outplayed yes, because we have been shite, cause the formation was totally wrong.

We are much better than this an you know it.

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

Plenty of overreacting as per usual. We've been dogshit, no doubt about that, but we'll be fine. It's a marathon, not a sprint!

We are not a team looking to avoid relegation (well, we shouldn't be), we are a team looking at top half. We are  miles away from that

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, string28 said:

Who puts the team out??? ok

Did you read my comment

Did you watch them first half…half arsed and couldn’t pass two feet.  They have to take some blame along with the manager

I blamed the manager as well…

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And get who? 

Not my job, it's the owners job. Why is it Villa fans always ask "And get who" while other teams just get on with it and get someone? Do you think there are no more managers left in the world ffs!