Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was really enthused by our summer business, but it's not looking great is it :( 

What - it was the classic sell your best player and buy a few not good ones ?. it was always a case of how much worse we would be imo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Here. He’s transformed our club. What’s interesting is Villa fans watching us losing 3-0 and celebrating the fact so they can dig the manager out. Strange that. 

Hopefully the owners will dig him out too. He's out of his depth!

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Who made the transfer I wonder. Refuse to believe that was the recruitment lot saying yeah I know we play with one up front but this is our guy.

Smells very Purslowy.

Just seems like one to appease the fans. What was the thought process behind it? Watkins was one of our best players last season and we play one up top. Ok, we get injuries, but you don’t change the entire system for one player. Just buy a decent young striker (eg. Alvarez) to fill in when needed, and keep the same formation.

Its all over the place at the moment I feel. Might be Smiths fault, might not be, but we were fine with Bailey and Buendia to replace Grealish, but the rest of the money should have been spent on areas we need to improve, like central midfield.

Anyway, Smith is going to get pelters for this and I really want him to pull through. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Bloody hell Smith bring a F***** striker off, I.e Watkins, he hardly touched the ball never mind had a shot. Definately his favourite!

Can you imagine if he brought a striker off for a midfielder... There'd be a meltdown 

Might as well chuck archer on though 

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

We needed a striker, no doubt. 

Signing a £30m starting striker on over £120k a week was just...weird.

Indeed. Some people so keen to overcorrect they'd have had us with Keinan Davis as our senior second striker. Obviously Archer has had a good game so now he's the next Harry Kane, but having Watkins as our only striker would have been incredibly reckless. 

2 minutes ago, string28 said:

We cant keep blaming the players its ludicrous.

Did you watch them first half…half arsed and couldn’t pass two feet.  They have to take some blame along with the manager

• Thanks 1