Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/10/21 at 22:59

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf net spend of negative 5 million. But finishing bottom half would still be a disappointing season imo. We need to keep showing progress to attract better and better players. We need at least European conference league next season as it's the onyl way we can make up the revenue gap with teams like Leicester, Newcastle and wolves. 

I wish people would stop saying net spend. we actually spent 95 million, some think to stand still. I think the board expect progress.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Exactly!! So why do we continue to be so inconsistent against the dross. 

Because we have a mid table squad

Not good enough to get away with injuries or dips in form or lapses during games, not consistent on a weekly basis, too many players who put up an 8/10 one week and a 5/10 the next, paired with various players in various positions doing the same in each game, rarely do we have all 11 performing in one game, take the subs away today and give tuanzebe a score... Give Hause a score vs spurs...thats all it is, that's the difference between where we are now and where we all want to be, we need more players who are 8/10 every week rain or shine 

• Thanks 2

Time to ditch 5 at the back.  Its supposed to make you solid at the back but we've conceded 5 goals in 2 games playing it. We suffer too much elsewhere as we haven't got any creativity and no player with individual brilliance to open teams up. 

Dean shouldn't have taken off Buendia, we totally surrendered the ball as soon as he went off and Luiz to a lesser extent.  We handed the initiative to Wovles and resorted to pumping the ball long which immediately came back at us. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Here he is. Right on cue. The floor is yours. If ever there was a time to get ones coat.

I guess you are happy with a manager that allows a 2v0 win to turn into a 3v2 defeat in the latter stages of a game. Sorry but I clearly have higher standards and I will not just roll over and accept incompetence just because the bloke is a Villa fan!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

I guess you are happy with a manager that allows a 2v0 win to turn into a 3v2 defeat in the latter stages of a game. Sorry but I clearly have higher standards and I will not just roll over and accept incompetence just because the bloke is a Villa fan!

He is the Messiah though. Haven't you heard? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I have a real issue with this formation. It puts too much emphasis on the 3 at the back and the full backs. They get too much time on the ball, these are not the players you want on the ball.

I said this on leaving the ground. We're expecting / hoping for creativity to come from two full backs. It's farcical. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

There is a difference to being an Okay Team and things going okay. I think we have a good squad and an okay team which is currently acceptable imo. But progress being 'okay' is completely unacceptable. Our progression should be good to excellent for people to keep their jobs, whether that be players, coaches, backroom staff or Smith. We cannot be a club to take the foot off the pedal and coast. Relentless drive to improve is a must.

Well if its not good enough then the owners will sack him. So what's the panic?

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

As I have said before, you would really be a poor manager. Okay is not okay and I very much doubt anybody at the club is telling the players this. We are aiming to win every single game we play. We may not have a team to challenge for top 4, but I also doubt anyone is saying don't worry about losing to Man City or Chelsea. We go out to win and get as high up the table as possible.

Also our best players like Martinez will start to leave if we're just "Okay"

Guy just won the Copa America. Do people really think he'll stick around while we sit 12th?

The aim is Europe. The owners want progression every season.

• Like 4

Â