Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/10/21 at 22:59

38 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

One thing I will accept that others aren't having is that DL did need to come off. He was playing well but he was also looking jaded, even including the end of the first half I felt. 

Of course. People are being reactionary. He was playing in South America on Thursday night. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Beat utd and Everton, played very well vs chelsea

Even labelling wolves as poor... Its angling things towards negativity on purpose 

This team has injury problems, it has form problems, it still has pre season problems and yep it has an identity problem

But any kind of talk about relegation or even a relegation battle is utterly **** stupid, pessimism for the sake of it 

Exactly!! So why do we continue to be so inconsistent against the dross. 

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Many people thought I was crazy for suggesting we would be relegated this season. I still think we will be. Performances such as that today suggests I might be correct… completely unacceptable to lose like that, shows that we are very frail and haven’t progressed at all as a team since last season. Going backwards in fact. 

At the moment, it doesn’t look so bad because 3 teams haven’t won a game yet. As soon as they put a couple of wins together it will look very bleak. 

No chance of relegation this season. Our squad is way too good. If we were down in the drop zone Smith would be replaced

30 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s disappointing, without a doubt. But i guess I can’t be too mad that it ultimately was a lucky deflection that finally did us in.

In a strange way the deflection didn't seem lucky, more like they made it happen with their momentum. 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

I knew we wouldn’t win the game as soon as our fans start that pathetic “2-0 on your big day out” it’s such a small time song, it’s right up there with Empty seats my Lord! Embarrassing 

Sorry to say but our fanbase gets more small-time with every passing year. Probably reflecting more broad/global trends across the League as a whole, but nonetheless crap.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Tbf net spend of negative 5 million. But finishing bottom half would still be a disappointing season imo. We need to keep showing progress to attract better and better players. We need at least European conference league next season as it's the onyl way we can make up the revenue gap with teams like Leicester, Newcastle and wolves. 

I don’t really agree. We signed Bailey, Buendia and Ings without European football. If you offer players the money they want then you can get them. I’m not sure many players are looking at the European Conference League and thinking they want a bit of that.

The better players that we would look to sign would likely be rested for the majority of that competition if we were in it anyway. If we made the Europa League it might be different but I don’t see us threatening to do that this season.

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Leicester bought Tielesmans for 40m. There next two most expensive were Fofana (31.5) and Perez (30m). That is very similar spending to us

Leicester just invested their money on better players than us and actually used their scouting network properly unlike us who overwhelmingly hunt the Championship or Smith's old club.

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Tbf, Smith is getting too much of the grief. I agree he messed up but don’t let that absolve the players. THEY switched off. THEY bottled it. 

I'm just as pissed off with them as I am Smith, if not more so. Bunch of bottlers.

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Tbf, Smith is getting too much of the grief. I agree he messed up but don’t let that absolve the players. THEY switched off. THEY bottled it. 

Yet no matter which players we have we Co tinue to do so. This was our issue when we first came up. So what is it? Who's fault is it? Is it the players or is it the managers for not instilling the proper discipline and style to succeed. 

• Like 1

4 wins out of 5 for Wolves. They're not exactly some shit relegation fodder but we made them look that way for 80 minutes. That 10 minute bottlejob is incredibly frustrating because no way we should have lost that, even a draw was extremely kind to them. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

I knew we wouldn’t win the game as soon as our fans start that pathetic “2-0 on your big day out” it’s such a small time song, it’s right up there with Empty seats my Lord! Embarrassing 

Not on Smith then, but the fans ? That makes a change. 

I didn't think any of Smith's subs were wrong at the time he made them. I don't blame him for the meltdown.

I don't blame any individual players either. They were to blame together, as a group. All of them. They were all shit.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Luiz is the heart of this team subbing him off should never be an option over McGinn who can't run for more than 70 minutes in a game. Smh

He played in South America two days ago. We were lucky to get 60 minutes out of him.

• Like 1

Â