January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

27 minutes ago, Tubby said:

We'll see. Maybe not now, but in the summer.

Well it is completely not needed unless you are selling Konsa or Mings for centre back as we just gave a new deal to Hause and have have just signed Chambers.
It's the same deal with the striker, we have two quality strikers plus a multitude of forwards who can play that position you don't sign a third quality striker to be third choice when you play one up top.

Personally I wanted to sign a first choice centre back instead of chambers and I would happily sell Ings already to have Alvarez.......

Edited by paul514

Purslow said something about having a big summer. Referring to transfers. How are we going to fund that without losing squad depth?
There could be a surprise sale or two. Looks like Luiz. I could see Sanson leaving. One of Watkins or Ings. I suppose all that would free up some funds.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Purslow said something about having a big summer. Referring to transfers. How are we going to fund that without losing squad depth?
There could be a surprise sale or two. Looks like Luiz. I could see Sanson leaving. One of Watkins or Ings. I suppose all that would free up some funds.

I could see one one Ings/Watkins, Sanson, Traore, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Luiz and even Targett moving on soon. 

We’re levelling up. Part of that process is buying quality players that relegate the current starters to the bench. 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I could see one one Ings/Watkins, Sanson, Traore, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Luiz and even Targett moving on soon. 

We’re levelling up. Part of that process is buying quality players that relegate the current starters to the bench. 

Three of that lot could raise a Joe amount of money. We’re raising the level at which we’re in the market now. Huge strides over the last few months, on top of our overall growth since NSWE arrived. 

• Like 3

Good Jan so far!, one more position to sort.....

✅ Keeper

✅ Left Back

✅ Centre Back

✅ AM/No.10

❓ Defensive Midfielder

Please let this be the window where we sort out the long-standing DM issue.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We do need to start losing players to keep costs workable 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I am ITK on this. ElGhazi to Everton in this window :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Good Jan so far!, one more position to sort.....

✅ Keeper

✅ Left Back

✅ Centre Back

✅ AM/No.10

❓ Defensive Midfielder

Please let this be the window where we sort out the long-standing DM issue.

i would personally have argued that DM was the most important of those signings too so im cautiously excited for the next few days

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

Well it is completely not needed unless you are selling Konsa or Mings for centre back as we just gave a new deal to Hause and have have just signed Chambers.
It's the same deal with the striker, we have two quality strikers plus a multitude of forwards who can play that position you don't sign a third quality striker to be third choice when you play one up top.

Personally I wanted to sign a first choice centre back instead of chambers and I would happily sell Ings already to have Alvarez.......

Exactly.  I would consider moving Mings on and I think we are ambitious enough to seek improvements up front.  Ollie wouldn't enter that conversation for me, far too versatile, so it would be Ings I would seek to upgrade.  None of it essential and all a nice problem to have, but we are well covered elsewhere and these investments, at that time, would seem logical to me.

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 1

It seems as though we can get domestic transfers wrapped up with little to no fuss from the media or 'ITK's'.

It's obviously a different story when we shop abroad as foreign journalists always tend to break the news at some point during the negotiations. 

Where am I going with this? Bissouma is a done deal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3